Anyone going to see Heaven and Hell?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Anyone going to see Heaven and Hell?

Post by Fozzy41 »

I was just wondering if anyone out there was going to see Heaven and Hell on their UK Tour, should be good. I'm off to see them at Sheffield Arena tomorrow night, can't wait. I first saw this line-up back in 1981 when I was a wee lad, and even though I was a big Ozzy fanatic at the time, I still liked the Dio era of Sabbath. It's good that their playing only Dio era material also, there's some great songs in that back catalogue that we haven't heard for a long time. Hopefully it'll be a great night.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i hope you have fun :D

i was going to get tickets for wembley arena or bournemouth but i've been so busy lately i totally forgot about it. I dont think there'll be tickets left by now.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Birmingham 13th of November, tickets are about 2 inches away from my hand ;)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Gazza I seen them on the 4th November You're in for a treat mate the set is awesome and i had to run for a piss and get the beers in so i didn't miss the next song..I posted this up in another thread ...(Below)
Well last nights gig was something special and a memory that will live with me forever.All the bands who played went down well Iced Earth open up with a set that i knew nothing about apart from the singer Ripper Owens from the time he filled in for Judas Priest's Rob Halford.A good band just a pity im not a fan of them.Next on the bill was Lamb of God who got the crowd wipped up in mosh pit fashion ...again i've never bought any of the bands stuff but a well performed set and they went down well.After the interval the main event Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell god knows why they couldn't go under the banner of BS 2 ???... But i was very surprised that the set had been switched from the DVD Live show after the Intro they opened up with Mob Rules and i couldn't give you the full set list but i was surprised they played the classic 'Die Young' so early in the set ..one of my all time favourites...But i fully enjoy the show especially the classic 'I' i fucking love that tune...I followed the nights entertainment up by going back to the Hotel and meeting all the band they were so cool and double friendly especially Dio what a gentlemen i'm sure if id asked him to autograph my ass he would of done it.But all the guys had time for the fans and Geezer's minder who is his nephew came back downstairs with a fist full of guitar picks and handed them out nice gesture...Double buzz for me...To top it off i went to see Pat Travers tonight and this guy is a legend and he's still playing awesome material and the set just got better especially when he topped it off with the cover of Ram Jam's Black Betty what a wild time and again the whole band had time for the fans and i was speaking to Pat like he was me Dad what a nice bloke ..Excellent weekend
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Glad you enjoyed the concert Shaun, you lucky bastard getting to meet the band, nice one. Sheffield was also great last night, missed Iced Earth as we were still in pub, caught a bit of Lamb of God but not my cup of tea.
Heaven and Hell were brilliant, Dio's vocal's were flawless and Iommi's riff's were crushing. I presume the set-list was the same as Newcastle, can't remember exact order but something like Mob Rules, Children of the Sea, I, Sign of the Southern Cross, Die Young, Falling of the edge of the World, Computer God, Voodoo, Heaven and Hell(obviously), Neon Knights and they also did newie Shadow of the Wind. Sound was really clear and very loud. The only dissapointing thing was the crowd, or lack of it, the Arena was unfortunatley only just over half full, why they didn't play City Hall size venue's I'll never know. How a band this good cannot fill arena's amazes me, and yet you get some right shit bands out there packing out arena's left right and centre, baffles me. Still, the atmosphere was good and the band seemed to be having a good time. Here's a few pics I took.
Attachments
Heaven and Hell 015.jpg
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Heaven and Hell in Sheffield.
Attachments
Heaven and Hell 003.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Heaven and Hell at Sheffield Arena
Attachments
Heaven and Hell 007.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Heaven and Hell in Sheffield
Attachments
Heaven and Hell 009.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

One of Gezzer Butler, we was at his side of the stage.
Attachments
Heaven and Hell 016.jpg
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I saw this tour last year with Megadeth/Down...Fucking awesome....
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Im looking forward to this :D tonights the night!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:Heaven and Hell in Sheffield
Is it just me or does that stage set look a lot like the 'Diary of a Madman' set to anyone else?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Trigger wrote:
Is it just me or does that stage set look a lot like the 'Diary of a Madman' set to anyone else?
I see what ya mean it does look familiar..

Although i doubt Dio will hang himself and I doubt he'll be flung across the room from a capapult.. :lol:

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

siro_angel wrote:
Trigger wrote:

Although i doubt Dio will hang himself and I doubt he'll be flung across the room from a capapult.. :lol:

Simon
he's small enough. :D :lol:
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

skezza wrote:
siro_angel wrote:
Trigger wrote:

Simon
he's small enough. :D :lol:
now now we musnt be nasty towards Dio.. its not his fault his vertically challenged :P

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."