BLS Zakk Fuckin' Wylde 2011 UK tour opens tonight.

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

BLS Zakk Fuckin' Wylde 2011 UK tour opens tonight.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well i've got my ticket for tomorrow nights gig in my home toon Newcastle upon Tyne. I'm really looking forward to this gig, the last tour in 2006 was cancelled. So i was pissed that i missed them that time. So BLS decided to go out on tour with Ozzy but alas they didn't come to the Toon. So all going well i'll be there tomorrow night Lock Up Ya Daughters its going to be a wild one. HELL FUCKIN' YEAH S.D.M.F for life.....Are any of the BLS brothers & sisters going to see them on this 2011 UK / European tour ?.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: BLS Zakk Fuckin' Wylde 2010 UK tour opens tonight.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

FUCKIN' HELL YEEEEAAAAHH!!!!!...... Me and Joe Skezza had a fuckin' mega shithot time last night. Here's a few photos from last night's show. I'll put a review of the gig up later... With my 'Road trip' with the BLS Newcastle Black & White chapter S.D.M.F Bezerkus tour 2011

Set list Newcastle 15th Feb 2011

1.The Beginning... At Last
2.Crazy Horse
3.What's in You
4.The Rose Petalled Garden
5.Funeral Bell
6.Overlord
7.Parade of the Dead
8.In This River
9.Fire It Up
10.Guitar Solo
11.Godspeed Hell Bound
12.The Blessed Hellride
13.Suicide Messiah
14.Concrete Jungle
15.Stillborn
Attachments
CLOSE UP Eyes 'Blood Shot to Hell'
CLOSE UP Eyes 'Blood Shot to Hell'
Evil Twins
Evil Twins
100_1827.jpg
100_1828.jpg
100_1842.jpg
100_1806.jpg
BLS 2011 UK tour.jpg
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Was a cracking gig, although my opinion of Zakk really hasn't changed guitar wise. I'm not a massive fan of BLS, but they did the tunes I do like 'Funeral Bell', 'Stillborn', 'Suicide Messiah'. They did a lovely piano version of 'In The River' too. Didn't meet the whole band, but I did meet the man.
Attachments
15022011119.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Joe you'd enjoy the band more if you listened to some of the better material. When your not familiar with the songs i think it makes the gig very dull.
The band played alot of the old back catalogue if from my pissed memory they opened up with 'The Beginning at last' which is a good track to open up with. A killer simple riff with the knock on drum pulse. But the stage show was cool the BLS curtain dropping at the opening after the sirens howlling the walls down. Then they did 'Crazy Horse' which is on the last album 'Order of the Black' which is one i need to here more of before i can make my mind up. I've heard to many people saying it's shit and i wasn't impressed with what i've heard up to now. But the classic tunes like 'Suicide Messiah' 'Funeral Bell' 'Fire It Up' 'In This River' 'Godspeed Hellbound' they all go down well. 'Stillborn' closing the set. The new drummer producing the lightning in the rhythm section Will Hunt who has a remarkable history of bands. He's thumped the skins for Evanesence, Eye Empire, Dark New Day,Vince Neil, Motley Crue and Skrape. The latter band went out with Pantera on the last tour leading up to the last gig which sadly seen Dimebag killed in action. What surprised me even more about this guy was how quickly he can learn someones set. Being a very quick learner, and after a few listens to a track. He draws up a flow chart and the jobs done.
I was very lucky to see Nick Catanese, J.D & Will after the show. Nick has taking on a few different solos on the tracks and he plays a few of Zakk's solos during 'In this River' which now sees an electric piano brought on stage for this track. Nick taking on the licks while Zakk tickles the ivories. I never gave it any thought at the time, but playing this track live was a nightmare for the 'Evil Twin'. Nick said that he was (quote) 'shitting his pants' that he would fuck up and Zakk would be listening for the first bum note. Alas he pulled it off with rapturous applause from the mad Geordie crowd. This part of the show is replaced from Zakk's normal acoustic solo spot Diary of a Madman, MaMa I'm Coming Home..are no more.
One of the cool things that happened during the gig which made J.D laugh and we talked about this later. I had a bag with me which was from the sports shop 'JD sports'. I never realised until i packed the bag and seen the connection with JD. Until i used it like a banner to his amusement. He was so chuffed with seeing this, he had to have a photo of my bag and he signed it for me. The sad part for me was the bullshit i was told from the doormen on the stage door. He gave me such a tale of how the band got rushed from the stage and into a car, and away back to the hotel. So i hung around and noticed an old friend from the NWOBHM band Blitzkreig Paul Brewis. This guy is a rep for Marshall and i asked myself what would he be doing here if the band had left the building. I was lucky that i hung about, as i noticed when i went past the tour bus. One Paul Brewis sitting opposite a very sober Zakk Wylde. Everyone had beers and Zakk had a bottle of water ?. I think he must be sticking to his doctors orders. No drink was being abused on stage. The drum riser did'nt look like its normal 'Pub open' self with glasses of non alcoholic lager which was rumoured through the fans from a blog on the tinternet. So a sober Zakk refusing to move from his comfort on the cosy tour bus. That was his position for the next hour, until he decided he needed a cigarette. Not to go name dropping on anyone from any band but this turned into a Bob Marley cigar and the smell of the sweat leaf was enough to say it was good shit. Followed by a pipe being toked in pure 'popeye' style and this was not spinach Oh no!! not in this pipe. Errrrrgugugugug Olive!!! LOL! One of the guys who gave up his last ciggie in trade for a few of Zakks tour picks. Nice trade, just a pity i missed his nicotine trade. As my bladder was being emptied up the back lane, very bad timing. Shit happens but Black Label brothers are good people and the guy handed over one of his prized collectable picks. I have to tell you this as Joe will feel left out. It was the last track played and the picks started getting tossed to the crowd. Me and Joe's hands in perfect alinement for a total eclipse, it was the very last pick Zakk throw out. This did happen in slow motion it was well weird and fuckin' sods law that Joe caught it just before me. Jealous or what, to make matters worse Joe had met Zakk before the soundcheck and he phoned me to let me know his directions as Zakk headed off for something to eat. Bastard!!! He managed a quick photo but he didn't have the sense to get his other arm signed. I think the pain from his first and only 'Ozzy' tatoo was enough to say no thanks i'm happy with just a photo LOL!!..
On a word of support to help us find out any info on the Randy footage that Zakk announced on twitter last year. I had to think of a good way to get Zakk talking about Randy without sounding ignorent and dissing his music. Remember when you meet your heroes you have to be quick and get as much info in such a short time. So i made up a photo album of Randy pics from my spare surplus 1980 tour photos. I know that the band love Ozzy and Randy so it would make a good talking point. I know 'Fozzy - Gaz from Hull' did this back in 1989 and Zakk had time to browse his photo collection. So with my plan sorted and ready to deploy i tried my best before and during the gig to get the album to Zakk. You'd think this parcel was ticking and waiting to go BANG! So to make sure they got to Zakk i past them onto the tour bus driver. I just hope he does get them. Hopefully with my email details inside, i will get a thank you at least for being a generous BLS brother. I mentioned the video footage to Nick ET and he couldn't give me anything to go on and from what i could make out he had never seen this footage. So fingers crossed i may be back here in the next couple of days with some positive news and more information then we have now. If any of you's are going to see BLS on this UK European tour be sure to post some pics and a review of the gig. These are a band who burn the tourch for Randy Rhoads and need our support. S.D.M.F Bleed For BLS :wink:
Attachments
100_1839.jpg
100_1816.jpg
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Black Label Society Newcastle 'Black & White' chapter.....
Suicide Messiah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVfp0TkoFY

Overlord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx7PV1fHpvA

Godspeed Hellbound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkVqvR1GRE

One i would of loved to have heard last night ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhfotGKxA9A

In This River

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EembYjkKDac
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Now then mate, hows it going?

Glad you had a great time at the Black Label gig the other night, sounds like you did. Cool revue by the way.
I was tempted to come up to Newcatle myself but dosh is a bit in short supply at the moment so had to give it a miss. Seen BLS myself a few times over the years but only at festival gigs or suporting Ozzy, would've loved to see 'em headline their own gig, reading about youre night made me jealous as fuck and wish Id've gone.
Order of the Black, good album, took a few listens to sink in but really like it now, typical BLS though, no real suprises, maybe one too many ballads though, but you can't argue with songs like Crazy Horse and Parade of the Dead, and Godspeed Hellbounds is brilliant, great song.

Great pics of you with Nick Catonese. Did you get to meet Zakk personally or did he just keeps his arse firmly on the bus? Could'nt quite make that out amongst your exited revue ramblings.
I enquired about them meet 'n greet packages, where you get to meet the band in the afternoon and hang out for a while, but very expensive, and I personally would'nt purchase one out of principle, (don't really think you should have to pay to meet youre fave bands) but by the sounds of it you managed to meet the band anyhow, well some of 'em at least.
Would still love to get that poster signed I had made from when I met him years ago, oh well, maybe one day.

Good luck with getting the Randy album to Zakk, hope you get some response, and possibly some news, fingers crossed.
I'd laugh my cock off if he replied saying "Yeah man, seen a few of these pics years ago, when Gaz showed up at Hammy O back in the day, fucking awesome man, give my regards to Gaz, the bald headed fuck" :lol: Ha ha yeah, if only :lol:
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Alreet Gaz, You gave me the idea about the photos as i know J.D & Zakk are big fans of Randy.I put one of your pics in the album, it was the Randy Castillo & Zakk photo from 1989. When they recorded the video for 'Breaking All the Rules'. So if his memory is any good he may have a flash back to the time. 'Bald fucker from Hull' LOL!!.. As i mentioned, i don't know if he doesn't do any signing after the gig because of the meet and greet package being so expensive. I spoke to a guy who had paid for one of these special tickets. You get an exclusive t-shirt a photo taking with the band, a laminate pass and stuff signed. Yeah Joe met the main man and he did sign some autographs at the same time. Joe just expects me to be like the stationery counter at WH Smiths i'll supply him with pens and shit to get signatures on. Zakk had his own pen, but Joe didn't want to look like a cunt and get his bus ticket signed. The idea of a Zakk tatoo didn't please Joe.. I don't think he's into the pain thing LOL!!. So Zakk went straight to his bus after the gig and never moved until the bus rolled out of town. Like i said Gaz he came to the door and asked if anyone had a spare cigarette. The guy who stepped forward got a few picks in return, which he shared amongst the fans. Zakk showed no intentions towards signing any stuff for us. One guy who was waiting at the stage door as the band left the stage. He was the only one there and Zakk signed for him only. All the other band members mingled with the fans and had photos taking and signed. We ended up chanting ZAKK ZAKK ZAKK to get him to come out. The time i waited the crowd went down to 4 people. I know he had business with a Marshall rep the time he was on the bus. But it would of taking 5 minutes of his time to see us. Hopefully i'll get a message, but i'm not going to hold my breath. If i do Gaz i'll be sure to let him know about that photo ok. :wink:
Attachments
Gaz's photo from 1989
Gaz's photo from 1989
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Cheers for that Shaun, a bit dissapointing he wouldn't get his fat arse off the bus to sign for you guys, but nevermind, the main thing is the gig was great. How did Joe meet him, did he just bump into him in the street?
Them meet 'n greets are about them are about £100 I think, a lot of bands do them now. The management say you get more than just an autograph you actually hang out with the band for an hour or so, so maybe it worth it, I don't know. I'd still take my chance hanging around the venue tho.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Cheers for that Shaun, a bit dissapointing he wouldn't get his fat arse off the bus to sign for you guys, but nevermind, the main thing is the gig was great. How did Joe meet him, did he just bump into him in the street?
Them meet 'n greets are about them are about £100 I think, a lot of bands do them now. The management say you get more than just an autograph you actually hang out with the band for an hour or so, so maybe it worth it, I don't know. I'd still take my chance hanging around the venue tho.
Yeah Gaz you keep your money, whats the point in paying for the meet and greet, then the band step outside and sign for the fans. I just think Zakk was fucked after the gig and wanted some chill time. I told Joe that the bands who play there normaly sound check between 3 - 4 pm so he was waiting at the venue for me to arrive and Zakk was coming out of the stage door with all the waiting fans following him and trying to get photos and stuff signed. The pic of Joe is just round the corner from the venue. He was walking away from the venue to get something to eat. So when Joe phoned me to let me know Zakk's whereabouts. I was out the door and heading into town. As i got near the gig i was looking in the bars and cafes, restaurants windows. Hoping that i'd see Zakk, i looked up and seen this guy with his BLS colours on and it was the drummer, Will Hunt. He was heading towards me into town. I managed to get a quick signature and he was off to get his dinner somewhere. So i managed to get something from all the band members including the support band Godsized. They surprisingly are not a signed band, but are doing very well and have been doing some great gigs with some top acts. Well worth a listen and they sound surprisingly very much like early Zakk Pride & Glory / BLS.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Alex wrote:Great stories, Shaun! If I am able to score some tickets, I'll be at one of the Sweden gigs in the beginning of March!
So I think he does check out and appreciate everything that is given to him.
Well worth bagging a couple of tickets i've posted up the set list from the gig. I should imagine that the set is going to be very much the same at each gig. So no surprises for you if you do go. You can chant away to every song played and if your lucky you might get to meet the band like me and Joe. :wink: I know that Zakk would of getting the photo album. It would just be a cool surprise to see an email from him. Wishfull thinking, he'll get back to me ..
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: BLS Zakk Fuckin' Wylde 2011 UK tour opens tonight.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i would of liked to of heard a few songs from 1919 one of my fav albums 'Life Birth Blood Doom' 'Genocide Junkies' 'Demise of Sanity' 'Bleed For Me'......

A couple of good quality tracks from the Manchester gig.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msEy-CxdD1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emg2G_mR ... re=related

Godsized - support act for the UK & European tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmw9Uexn ... re=related
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was watching a clip from the BLS La Cigale Paris 25/2/11 gig and i noticed the drummer isn't Will Hunt. Which for whatever reason he has left the band. I thought he give the band a big lift with his power and fresh drum sound.

"Black Label Society has parted ways with drummer Will Hunt and has replaced him with Johnny Kelly (Type O Negative, Seventh Void).
Kelly will make his live debut with Black Label Society today (Friday, February 25) at La Cigale in Paris, France."
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.