Zakk n Ozzy no more..........

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Let's hope so. I was just listening to Troubled Wine in the car. Zakk needs to get back to THAT.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Looks Final

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I think it is final now...
11/06 - Former Ozzy Osbourne Guitarist Zakk Wylde Interview with MusicRadar.com

"But I've been with Oz since I was 19; I'm fucking 42 years old. It's just like... like with my dad passing away, same with my mom... I don't go, 'Oh, this sucks.' I never ask; I always thank."
- ZAKK WYLDE -

Blabbermouth.net reports that Joe Bosso of MusicRadar.com recently conducted an interview with Zakk Wylde (OZZY OSBOURNE, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY). An excerpt from the chat follows:

MusicRadar: Of course, the other major thing that's happened in the last year has been your split with Ozzy...

Zakk: "Well, I'll tell you how it went down. This is how it went down. Oz and mom (Sharon Osbourne), they said, 'Zakk, son, we need to talk to you.' They sat me down at the kitchen table and said, 'Zakk, we're very proud of you, but you're 42 years old now. We just think it's about time you take your wife and your kids and you get the fuck outta your bedroom and grow the fuck up and get a job — because me and your mother want to enjoy our life now. I think we've done enough. You're 42, now get the fuck out of the house!'"

MusicRadar: And make something of yourself.

Zakk: "Yes! So that's where we're at right now. [laughs] That's what happened. As rough as it was for me, I had to accept it." [laughs]

MusicRadar: Now, I know Ozzy is like family to you, but when it all did happen - I know you were kind of kidding — it seemed to take people surprise...

Zakk: "Well, I found out from Neil Zlozower, 'cause he was doing a photo shoot with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. He calls up and goes, 'Hey dude, I hear you're not playing with Ozzy anymore.' I go, 'Where'd you hear this?" And he's like, 'I heard it from Gene and Paul.' So I go, 'Well, I guess I'm not playing with Ozzy!'" [laughs]

MusicRadar: But was it a shock?

Zakk: "It's always been this way: 'We're going out on the road.' It's like, 'When?' 'Tomorrow.' 'What?!'
I'm the last person to find out anything, you know? 'Wait a minute…I have three kids?' [laughs] 'Yeah, they're 17, 16 and 7, man, so we need some college money now.'
But I've been with Oz since I was 19; I'm fucking 42 years old. It's just like…like with my dad passing away, same with my mom…I don't go, 'Oh, this sucks.' I never ask; I always thank.
At least I got to spend 23 years with the boss. And he knows I'll always be there with him. Gus [G., of FIREWIND], who's playing with [Ozzy now], he's fucking awesome. So I hope he has a millisecond of the good time I had — that's a fucking lifetime. Gus will have a fucking blast, you know what I mean?"

Read the entire Zakk Wylde interview at MusicRadar.com.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Yeah, sure looks like it. Oh well. Onward and upward!