Zakk at the hospital

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BUHZERKER

Post by BUHZERKER »

Alex wrote:
Ritchie wrote:Someone on Myspace was saying that Zakk had blood clots in his lungs .. is that right ?
Yup, he has to stay in the hospital now. He's having heart issues as well. The clots are blocking the flow from the right side of the heart to the lungs, and in return the blood pressure rises to compensate.
yes, Both Lungs and the Heart issue. He may be able to get out of the Hospital by Sunday. Please keep him and his Family in your thoughts and Prayers. I am sure he would appreciate it very much.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

BUHZERKER wrote:
Alex wrote:
Ritchie wrote:Someone on Myspace was saying that Zakk had blood clots in his lungs .. is that right ?
Please keep him and his Family in your thoughts and Prayers. I am sure he would appreciate it very much.
will doxx

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Nice to see a bit of sense being applied to this thread Matt/Buhzerker.

It really piisses me off all this "that's convenient" talk. like f*cking illness and death have a f*cking agenda or something.

The guy is f*cking ill.

As an example. A very good friend of mine died this year and I posted on the John Fogerty Forum (Creedence Clearwater Revival) when he was terminal (Cancer) to see if he would send him a message as he was a huge fan. Didn't receive anything, which was fine, but the tw*ts who responded abusively that it was a fake thread etc........Arseholes. I'd have beat them to death if i could. Get over your f*cking selves....

Good luck Mr Wylde and to you family and I certainly hope you get well soon.

Rant over.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Could Be Real

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I have to admit that what I said earlier was not to be interpreted as some criticism of people that are ill. If Zakk is ill then he is ill. The timing was bad from my point of view. Zakk is my age so the level to which he is ill is quite unusual. While you can get blood clots at an early age the average is 52 years of age. That's why it seems unusual to me. Here is some data about blood clotting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood clotting is a natural process in which blood cells and fibrin strands rapidly form a clump to stop bleeding after a blood vessel has been injured. Eventually the clot will form a protective scab over a wounded blood vessel, allowing it to heal. If the body did not have the ability to form blood clots, people would bleed to death after even a minor cut.

Sometimes, however, blood clots form even when a person has not been injured. Although most blood clots tend to dissolve on their own with no long-term problems, there are situations in which blood clots can cause medical problems. Blood clots become dangerous when they block blood flow through an artery or vein.

When a blood clot blocks blood flow to an artery in the heart or brain, a heart attack or stroke may result. Blood clots can also block veins and arteries throughout the body, causing diseases that range from varicose veins to a life-threatening pulmonary embolism.

Physicians treat blood clots with a variety of methods. Medications such as anticoagulants (which help prevent blood clots) and clot busters (which help to dissolve blood clots) are prescribed to prevent and treat blood clots. In more serious situations, physicians might opt for a catheter-based procedure, which uses a long, thin tube called a catheter, or even surgery to remove the clot (thrombectomy). In addition, devices may be implanted into certain blood vessels to catch blood clots before they can cause serious damage. Blood clots are formed by the process of coagulation - the blood’s natural tendency to clump and plug an injured blood vessel. Blood clots are made of blood cells and fibrin strands. They serve a valuable function in wound healing and stopping the flow of blood after an injury.

For example, when a person is cut, blood flows from the injured blood vessel for a short period. However, the clotting process begins almost immediately. During this process, blood platelets first gather at the site of the injury and form a loose plug. These platelets release a number of chemicals that enhance and promote blood clotting. Once the loose platelet plug is in place, a mesh of fibrin forms to create a stronger blood clot. This blood clot will remain in place as the tissue injury heals. After it heals, still other chemicals are responsible for dissolving the clot. This process of forming and dissolving blood clots is called hemostasis.

Blood clots are rarely dangerous on their own. As part of the body’s natural healing mechanism, clots that have formed for whatever reason are usually dissolved (lysis) and reabsorbed by the body without danger or need for intervention.

They can be dangerous, however, when they form within arteries and veins and obstruct the normal flow of blood within the body. Dangerous blood clots can form after surgery or in response to traumatic injury, such as auto accidents.

They can also form as a result of the gradual buildup of plaque within an artery (e.g., atherosclerosis) or other diseases. Blood clots can form in any vein or artery in the body, including the coronary arteries that supply the heart with blood, the veins in the legs and the arteries that supply the brain with blood (e.g., carotid arteries).

Blood clots may also be formed by or in association with:

Atherosclerosis

Heart attack or stroke

Valvular heart disease

Heart failure

Infection

Cancer

Autoimmune disorders (e.g., lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)

Bleeding disorders (e.g., hemophilia)

Inflammatory bowel disease (e.g., ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease)

History of varicose veins or other vascular conditions

Pregnancy

High blood pressure (hypertension)

Thrombocythemia (in which greater numbers of platelets are produced)

Atrial fibrillation
In addition, there are a number of risk factors that can increase the chances of developing a blood clot. These risk factors include:

Smoking

Elevated levels of homocysteine (homocysteinemia), which may be treated with diet and folic acid supplements

Obesity (body mass index greater than 30)

Prolonged lack of exercise

Use of contraceptive pill or patch

Advanced age

Genetic factors (e.g., inheriting a tendency to develop deep vein thrombosis)

Sitting or laying in one position for a prolonged period of time

Having a mechanical heart valve

Hypercoagulable state, where genetic (e.g., Factor V Leiden) or acquired (e.g., trauma, pregnancy, Heart failure) factors affect blood clotting due to abnormal levels of blood-clotting proteins

Clot Location Possible Symptoms

Lung Sharp chest pain, rapid heart rate (tachycardia), blood-tinged coughing (hemoptysis), shortness of breath (dyspnea) and low-grade fever.

Arm or Leg If the blood clot is in an artery, it may cause sudden pain, swelling and a slight blue coloration. If it is in a vein, it may cause swelling and tenderness.

Brain Visual disturbances, weakness, seizure, speech impairment (could lead to stroke or transient ischemic attack).

Heart Chest pain (could lead to heart attack). Blood clots that form in the heart can also travel to any organ or artery in the body. Conditions that can lead to blood clots forming in the heart include atherosclerosis, valvular heart disease, past heart attack, enlarged heart, atrial fibrillation and heart failure.

Abdomen Severe abdominal pain, vomiting and/or diarrhea

Source: http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/blo ... ageNum=2#2
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
BUHZERKER

Post by BUHZERKER »

Ok, I'll give an Update here... and Thanks Again for All who Care and have been sending Thoughts and Prayers. Keep them Coming, Zakk is far from out of the Woods yet.

Zakk is home and has been for a few days resting w/ His Family. He had a Dr's appt again today to do a checkup, He has been having a lot of Pain. I hope they can give him something for his pain and get him well soon. It's going to be a long drawn out thing though looks like. If and When I hear more, I will be sure to let y'all know. Thanks Again..

Almost forgot. Z's Clots prolly came from sitting for long periods on the TOur bus or Long Flights. This is prolly the easiest way to get them.
BUHZERKER

Re: So True........

Post by BUHZERKER »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote:So True......Zakk has longed to pull away but always felt indebted to Ozzy for the opportunity to play on the big stage. We'll see if anything takes root. Gus G. is definitely a great choice for sure. A better fit for Ozzy than John 5, at least in the short run. I heard him play at the Blizzcon Convention and he really seems to play with a lot of passion.
Zakk is still in the Band, the Gus G gig was a One Off Gig.. Blasko found Gus G w/ his I Phone while taking a crap in the shitter..lmao according to Blasko.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Good to hear that he's feeling a lot better. Pass him our best wishes man.....

Another problem with blood clots, my mother got one some years ago in her arm, is that they can move around the body and either block veins/arteries elsewhere (away from the original site), causing disfunction; or access organs themselves, i.e. the heart and have profound effects on the action of the same.

Along with pills and medication, the treatment can consist of prolonged periods of restricted movement in the host area, so the condition is not exacerbated. Maybe not in this case?

Sounds daft when you think that this is what can cause them...!!

Again, good luck Mr Wylde and if you need any help playing those Les Paul Customs, just gimme a shout...haha.....All the best....Pete
ILOVERUDYSARZO

Post by ILOVERUDYSARZO »

Im glad he's home and resting where he can recouperate. and with God's help, he will be on his feet in no time. I should know, in March, my 85 year old grandpa had pnumonia and congestive heart failure. I kept praying for him and, in a week, he was back to his old self!!! He's 86 now and doing well!

So guys, it will work.

And dont froget, Randy's angel is watching over him
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILOVERUDYSARZO

Post by ILOVERUDYSARZO »

Alex wrote:Turns out the clots are from a genetic disorder, and he still isn't doing too well. :(
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:43 PM
To: skulldragon@blacklabelsociety.net
Subject: Re: Z

Hi Walt. Zakk is still on this rollercoaster. One day blood thinners too high...next day they don't even register in his blood. We have an appointment with a hemotologist on Friday. He does have a rare, genetic clotting disorder.

I'll keep you posted.

xo
Barbaranne Wylde

I guess that means he has to take plavix or cumiden for the rest of his life?
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILOVERUDYSARZO

Post by ILOVERUDYSARZO »

Alex wrote:In some form or another, I think. Barb, his wife, also said that his pain is subsiding though... which is great!
See? god's helping out!
BUHZERKER

Post by BUHZERKER »

It'll be a long Road, Keep the Prayers and Thoughts coming
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Look...... Zakk has gotta get back in the band quickly.... :wink:

I'm one of the guitarist in a covers (80's rock/metal) band. I play Zakk's leads on "No More Tears"........It's taken me ages to grow a beard and get the whole ZW thing going on; so come on man and recover.... :D 8) :D

Nah; really, I hope the whole thing gets sorted out real soon and he's back to shape quick. It would piss me off if I had to put up with what he's going through.

All the best man....