Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Re: Matthew's Solos

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

What can I say Matt...needs more cowbell! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWCOJPwdXw

You have a great talent Matt...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
David Denson

Re:

Post by David Denson »

Trigger wrote:I still get a bit chocked up, to me 'Tonight' always seems to be about Randy himself and that haunting guitar solo as it fades is like him leaving us.
Trigger....I get that same feeling when I listen to the Dee outakes from the Tribute record. Randy does his takes, then says: "Let's hear that."

Then you can hear Randy getting up off the stool, barely bumping the guitar (it makes that sound of an acoustic being bumped) then you hear his footsteps as he walks to the control room where Max is. I always think of those footsteps as the sound of Randy walking off...out of this life....I know, I'm sappy too. It really makes me sad. :cry:

Matt....or "Matthew" (formal :D ) ....I've heard your stuff over the years on YouTube. You are a very good guitarist and I like your stuff. Really enjoyed listening to the stuff you've listed here...love your "Tonight"!! Your tone is spot on!!

Good man as always,
Take care.
David

PS. "Les Paul Horse Custom"....is that the LP Studio you said has a pickguard with an engraved horse? So, is it a Studio model or a Custom??