Jake Should Be Back In Ozzy

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

kamalayka
Cool Member

Jake Should Be Back In Ozzy

Post by kamalayka »

No offense to Gus G, but a new Ozzy/Jake album would be about the coolest thing.

And he's still got the skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xprkuCVylbU
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Re: Jake Should Be Back In Ozzy

Post by dannyahansen »

Jake is good. I really like his approach. I really don't think that Jake will be going back to Ozzy any time soon. Of course I would like to see Jake Ozzy and Bob do an album, now that would be good.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I sat and watched the Bark live show from Salt Lake in '84 a couple nights ago... Jake was phenomenal - he looked more like a rock star than Randy, all the right moves AND he could play!
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I sat and watched the Bark live show from Salt Lake in '84 a couple nights ago... Jake was phenomenal - he looked more like a rock star than Randy, all the right moves AND he could play!
That is probably my favorite show with Jake. The whole thing sounds good and the band is right on the money that night.

I think I would pay money to see a show like that. And for me, that is saying something considering I have only paid money 2 times to see a band .
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

One of my friends recently seen Jake with his new band 'Red Dragon Cartel'. He was put off from the lack lustre in the rest of the band. Which is something you'd need to carry Jake if one guy in the band is great the rest of the guys are average. That's going to be something the paying punter will diss and it does Jake no favours. I'm sure he knows plenty of guys in the music industry. Why put together a project of average players, is this so Jake can be the guy or has this project happened quickly and they are not gig ready ?. I'll find out in July when they tour the UK. I must admit i thought this was the same scenario with MSG Schenker had ok musos with him then he got Herman Rarebell, Francis Bucholtz, Pete Way in the band. It was good to see those guys in the band and they knocked out some cool Scorpions UFO tunes.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

watching a few of the concert footage of RDC they are definitely getting tighter/better.....darrens voice isn't for everyone but I get what jake heard in him ( dude does have pipes and he drifts into the mandy lion type thing as well) hope the do another album with the same guys writing and playing. Cool thing is every Q&A I have seen with jake he seems really happy to be back so that can only be a good thing for us fans
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Yeah, Jake was surprised that people thought he was relevant. Which is surprising. He is a guitar hero to a lot of people and people still know who he is.

I think the singer is the weak link in the band. I really dig just the rest of the band though. I am hoping for more stuff from them. The first album was ok. It has some good tunes in it. I think it was fairly fresh sounding.
nyhc7163

Post by nyhc7163 »

I'd love to see jake ,bob and tommy all back! that would be something for sure!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

nyhc7163 wrote:I'd love to see jake ,bob and tommy all back! that would be something for sure!
That was the lineup I saw with Ozzy 30 years ago and they were excellent... I'm a guitar player, but I spent most of that night watching Bob... until Jake's solo spot, then I moved to the other side of the stage and simply loved watching the way the guy moved.

Randy had the "rock star essence" thing, but Jake just had that 80's guitar hero thing about him, the look, the chops, the moves.