Brad Area Tour program

Talk about Brad Gillis here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zazafromjohor

Brad Area Tour program

Post by zazafromjohor »

Can anyone give me more info about this tour book? It was seen on Ebay a long while back but with very little info. I am wondering which tour and which leg is it from.
Help much apreciated!! Anyone got scans BTW??
Attachments
b.jpg
(39.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
a.jpg
(36.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Brad Area Tour program

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi I've been collecting Ozzy memorabilia for a long time and i can say i've never seen that book before. The first images i saw, i thought they had came from the Shinko Ozzy HM photo book that came out in 1983. But the cover of the live shot ?? . I don't know if this could be a Japanese tour book ? The tex should be a bit of a give away if it is japanese. Do you own this book ?. As i've never seen this before ...if you could share the rest of the pages ..... that would be well appreciated :wink:
zazafromjohor

Post by zazafromjohor »

My friend (re)questioned this book recently as I was trying to list the ozzy tour books for a webpage i am buillding. We never found an answer so far. None of us own that book and we were curious to know a bit more about it.. was seen o ebay several years back... top rare indeed!!
zazafromjohor

Post by zazafromjohor »

I am just thinking now.. I saw recently some Ac/DC tour book that were on sale in the 80s. Those were pirate /bootleg tour book. Could it be one of those???
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm still going with the idea of this being the shinko / omnibus press Ozzy HM photo book. Do you know the book i'm on about. The opening page shows the same Ozzy logo and that Live pic from the side of the stage. Plus both those pages are in the book, so this could be an earlier pressing of the book. As i have seen this with 2 different covers and this is possibley the third.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I don't know Shaun, this book only looks to be 20 pages or less in length. The pics here are framed in red, like the Shinko book, (some of those were framed in black, too.), but the book looks to be taller like a tourbook.Perhaps it is the Japanese edition of the DOAM/SOTD tourbook.
The Shinko photobook was more a standard page size. I had two copies of the Shinko book that I butchered back in the 80's, and all that remains are any pics of Randy, that are still in a scrapbook I have, but I think the cover for those was Ozzy in the BATM Werewolf guise, lit from below, with one arm draped above his head. I got them at an import record store, here outside of Boston.
Woulda/shoulda/coulda, but I wish I had kept at least one intact, or had the foresight to buy a third :lol:

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I see what your saying, but i've seen all the tour books and this is not one of them. It looks too good to be an unofficial bootleg programme. The Japanese programme from the Diary / SOTD tour is the one in the pic here. If you look at the cover on the original pic it does have a word in red tex at the top right corner. That could say omnibus or shinko ?. I know the Ozzy HM photo book has been released with 2 different covers. The one you mentioned with the Bark ATM Werewolf pic of Ozzy. The other shows a close up pic of Ozzy singing into the mic. I can only go off the format and the time must be later i.e with the pic of Brad as that is a George Chin photo and thats from the Japanese tour. I've got a big collection of tour books & Ozzy published books and in all the years of collecting i've never seen this one ?. It may of been included with the SOTD Japanese album release ?.
Attachments
Ozzy Jap programme 1982.jpg
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Oh well, it was worth a stab. Though the original pics aren't super clear, could that be a price as in 1,000 Yen?
My next guess was maybe it's be a music/ guitar tab book, but I don't think that's it either, as it would say "Complete Band Score" or something along those lines. Even all of the Shinko photo books have some other form of text on their covers, aside from the bands name/ logo.
Try sending a pm to Gillisgirl. Though she hasn't posted in quite some time, you may be able to reach her still.
I don't know how much of a collector she was, but maybe she could shed some light on this.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!