Did any of you see Brad live with Ozzy?

Talk about Brad Gillis here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Trigger,
Ive just been chatting with Skezza he likes to burn the midnight oil. :shock: The shows are both the Newcastle City Hall 1980 and 1982 i'm posting some photos up over the weekend from the 1982 show 2 of Brad Gillis and one of Pete Way these have never been seen before so this will be an exclusive 8) just for yous at Ultimate Rhoads
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

OOPs!!...
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Hi Trigger,
Ive just been chatting with Skezza he likes to burn the midnight oil. :shock: The shows are both the Newcastle City Hall 1980 and 1982 i'm posting some photos up over the weekend from the 1982 show 2 of Brad Gillis and one of Pete Way these have never been seen before so this will be an exclusive 8) just for yous at Ultimate Rhoads
Thats very kind of you I have both of those shows on CD you were very lucky to have been there. Were you at any of the other shows Ozzy played in Newcastle? he played again in 86 and 88.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Trigger,
Yeah i seen them at Newcastle City Hall 12 February 1986 and at the Newcastle Mayfair the same month 28 February 1986,they also played at TyneTees Television in Newcastle for The Tube the same year this was filmed and went out LIVE but i cannot remember the date.I've just getting a DVD of the show and me and me brother are on it down the front going wild.I didnt see them again until 22 July 1988 again at the Newcastle Mayfair.I haven't seen them since.The majority of the shows after this were cancelled due to i'll health etc..But i did prefer Ozzy in his earlier days 1980/81. :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Hi Trigger,
Yeah i seen them at Newcastle City Hall 12 February 1986 and at the Newcastle Mayfair the same month 28 February 1986,they also played at TyneTees Television in Newcastle for The Tube the same year this was filmed and went out LIVE but i cannot remember the date.I've just getting a DVD of the show and me and me brother are on it down the front going wild.I didnt see them again until 22 July 1988 again at the Newcastle Mayfair.I haven't seen them since.The majority of the shows after this were cancelled due to i'll health etc..But i did prefer Ozzy in his earlier days 1980/81. :lol:
He was at the Mayfair on 18th November 1983 as well were you at that show it was a week into the 83/85 Bark at the moon tour.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Trigger i had mistaken the stub for another venue that was when Ozzy had his Indian head dress on i don't know what he was thinking he had the dress sense of Zorro :lol: .for a few years he'd lost the plot..I remember that Ozzy got his radio Microphone stolen.Someone down the front jumped up and pulled the Mic stand over,got the Mic and legged it.They requested that the Mic be handed back in but it didn't show so Ozzy refused to come back on,it was a good job it was the last encore..
I think i made a mistake for the 1988 Mayfair gig,it was 1st July 1988 unless it was postponed until 22 June.I've got an advertising poster from that gig and its got the 1st on and the tickets got 22nd wrote on the ticket with the 1st crossed out.??
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi GI

That Indian outfit was made for the show he did in May 83 at the US festival, I saw him the first night of the BATM world tour and he had the outfit on then all but the head dress.

T
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Thanks to guitaridol, I have posted all these fab images, of Ozz, Brad, Pete Way! Took personally at the concerts by himself. BIG THANK YOU, glad you had a camera on you, otherwise this reply wouldnt be here today :D
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Those are fantastic pictures. You must have been close enough to high five Brad, Ozzy and Pete!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Gillis Gal I thought you'd appreciate these being a snapper yourself and being a big fan.I don't know about HIGH 5's but i wanted to chop the kids hand off next to me note the V sign i was keep grabbing the guys wrist but every time Brad come to the edge of the stage the kid was up with his V's :twisted: I have a photo very like the one you posted up the other day?? He's looking up Yeah Well my negative got cut in half when they spliced them in the lab,and to top it all off i gave the photo away.So i don't know if i could get the negative fixed!!! But i hope you Enjoy them this is an EXCLUSIVE and the first time theve been published.. :D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Please note that i didn't take the Two photos of Ozzy these are from the Wembley Arena London date and i think the photographer is called George Chin i posted these up as i didn't have any pics of Ozzy as i explained earlier..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ell wrote:Those are fantastic pictures. You must have been close enough to high five Brad, Ozzy and Pete!
Ell i was fortunate to get down the front but when i had my camera at gigs i was always on a mission to get down the front.My ticket was at the back of the stalls third row from the back.I just use to climb down the centre over everyone until i made it to the front row.You had to move quick when the lights went down at the start of the gig.I had no fear when i was younger, i nearly got thrown out of an Iron Maiden concert in 83 for taken photos.The steward asked for my film and i told him no chance so he told me i'd have to leave.So as he led me up the aisle like the father with the blushing bride to be....he was about 20 paces in front leading me out so i just jumped into a row of people and took me coat off.It was funny watching this steward looking for me :shock: :D he was like a light house looking for ships in the night :shock: wondering where i'd vanished to.Happy days :wink: I collected guitar picks and still do that was another reason for getting down the front.It was a pity i didn't get Brads he was giving them to all the girls down the front with extra large cleavages...Does anyone have a Brad pick from that tour??
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hey GI

I loved these pictures anything with Brad is thin on the ground and I thought he was amazing and very very underated. How big was the venue you saw him in because I understand that the Mayfair and City Hall in Newcastle are very small.

T
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Trigger,
Yeah you are correct they are both small venues especially the Mayfair which was bulldozed for a multiplex cinema.That was a very close with the crowd sort of gig i'm not sure how many you could stuff into the place but it was a good atmosphere.I heard Led Zeppelin done there first ever gig at The Mayfair (No Shit) The Yardbirds were going to do the gig but Jimmy Page split with them and took the gig on.Its been demolished for about 10 years now.The Newcastle City Hall i think that holds 2.500 or is it 3.500.But again small crowd of mad Geordies.I have read some good interviews about how bands loved to play the City Hall they use to put it at the top with the likes of the Glasgow Apollo (surprisingly demolished aswell) Hammersmith Odeon and they'd kick tours off in Newcastle.Alot of the Rock bands back in 1980's would do 2 nights sometimes 3.Happy days,i'm surprised Gillis Girl hasn't been on to see these photos i PM her.I noticed one of her photos she put up the other week was very like one i cannot put up as the ass holes in the photo lab spliced the negative in half and i don't have the photo.Which is a pity as i could of posted that one up to.I don't have anymore photos from this gig as i only took 4 photos as i thought i had a 36 film in the camera but it was sadly a 24.But i'm glad you like them.If the quiz becomes a regular thing i may put them up as a prize so watch out for them OK.Cheers GUITARIDOL5682
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi GI

I was just checking the photo's again and I realised how shiny Brads Strat is, if you see it now its all worn and scratched! The guitar looks worn but Brad still looks just the same.

T