Did any of you see Brad live with Ozzy?

Talk about Brad Gillis here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

demon
Cool Member

Post by demon »

no
"We have some pretty happy guys here tonight who like to have fun F-U-N!" Ozzy at Salt Lake City
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

wareagle wrote:anyone else agree gillis's tone is just horrendous? i cant stand it. sorry lol. hes a good guitarist but i think his tone sucks.
I would have to disagree. I thought Brads tone was hollow, which gave a good sound for his band, and I think worked quite well with Ozzy. I think his Floyd work was fantastic, and that tone complemented it really well!
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:i found this in an old mag Cool pic taking by Robert Ellis
Friggin 'ell, where do you keep digging these up from, thats a great shot.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Dito!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Friggin 'ell, where do you keep digging these up from, thats a great shot.
Gaz i got a job lot of magazines and Ozzy cuttings from a guy on ebay and i keep finding them. When i'm browsing through my collection they keep turning up. It's Good to see that they are all appreciated here mate. :wink:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

wareagle wrote:and yet nothing like this with randy :( such an awsome stage setup. the castle and theme and migit and everything. pure awsomeness.
What do you mean by "and yet nothing like this with randy" i've seen loads of pics that are similar to this with RR in them. With the same stage set aswell. Eagle get yourself the Ozzy HM photo book its got some awesome pics in. I've seen it many times on ebay for less then $10 :wink:
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

Xanadu wrote:Yes.....late May of 1982. I really have mixed emotions about this one. This was so soon after Randy's accident, that all you could think of during the show is that it WASN'T RANDY. The difference was just so hard to deal with. I was and still am an enormous Randy fan. At that time, I was playing the "Montreal King Biscuit" about 150 times a day.....so I was keenly aware of every knook and cranny, every nuance, every squeal, every microsonic microbe of Randy's playing........soooo...........when a certain passage of any tune was played and those RHOADS-iactic idiosyncrisis were'nt there.....it was simply WRONG. ----- WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG,WRONG. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: You were just still in mourning and still so pissed off at the course fate had taken that NO ONE.......and I mean NO ONE........was going to occupy Randy's side of the stage. I know this was completely irrational.....but it was like...WHO DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE HE!!!!! None of this was directed at Sarzo or Aldridge or Osbourne or whoever. Just at Gilles......all of the Randy "fiends" just leering at him. Pretty stupid ...right??? Yup...pretty stupid, allright. But that's the way it was...in this camp, anyway. We were still in such shock and agony over loosing Randy.....that all you could do was pick this "interloper" apart. It was a constant ".....couldn't they have gotten someone better!!! --- ".....couldn't they have gotten someone better???" What was needed was some time....some time to allow this anguish to pass. And slowly, very slowly..... it did.
. Gilles really should be commended on how he helped hold things together for the balance of the "Diary" tour. Many have said that the tour should have been cancelled after Randy's accident. Who knows. I am sure it would have cost billions.....all I know is that Gilles attemted to fill a spot that was really unfillable........I can't imagine what a thankless job that was! Those were very, very dark days for Randy fans.....and I'm sure that whatever they paid Gilles...it wasn't enough!
I saw the show the night before you did .(Toronto)
It still was a good show except...NO RANDY!
I'd missed him when they tour my area for B.O.O. and was really looking forward to seeing Randy live. I was 16 at the time and already a veteran of witnessing my other hero EVH in concert several times (a couple of times from the front row). I was dying to see Randy rip it up!
Santers (the opening band) was a Toronto area club band with a couple of decent albums out at the time. I thought they did a great job. I recenttly spoke with the drummer from the band (who is a friend of a friend). He said it was a great experience and his brother (lead singer and guitarist for the band) Rick was extemely excited about sharing the bill with Randy.
And he mentioned that the mood backstage was a somber one. (No shit)
Still I thought Brad did a fine job. Much better than Bernie Torme,imo...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Cheers One for your recollection!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

yep saw brad with ozzy at leeds queens hall on the talk of the devil tour , cool show , awesome venue (just an old tram shed lol) shit t shirts , brilliant programme , brad was a good fill in but it was sad to think it should of been randy there. i remember it was a very cold winter and i was ill on the train back , but nethertheless a night to remember. i lost the programme for it but luckily got it back on ebay ...even if i did pay £30 d,oh!!! anyone got a recording pleeeeese !!!
crazy but thats how it goes
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Leeds show was recorded by somebody I knew 25 years ago and he wouldn't trade it, I have been hunting this show down for the last 10 years wondering if he changed his mind at some point.
I can confirm it was recorded :D but I am still trying to hunt it down :(
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

Trigger wrote:The Leeds show was recorded by somebody I knew 25 years ago and he wouldn't trade it, I have been hunting this show down for the last 10 years wondering if he changed his mind at some point.
I can confirm it was recorded :D but I am still trying to hunt it down :(
dude just tell me where he lives i have a baseball bat :wink: no seriously it would be cool to find that , i blagged a copy of iron maiden at manchester apollo on the beast on the road tour , some usa dude , i guess i just said the right stuff and he relented , i know i know need to trade not buy but hey it was a gift horse . if i ever find it (woah watch that pig fly)... your first on the list for a copy bro !
justjeff

Post by justjeff »

After reading through all your post, wow did it bring back some memories !!! I saw Ozzy on the Diary tour June 3 1982 at the Montreal Forum, what a concert, what a fantastic stage setup and as most of you I was always thinking of Randy up there on stage but Brad really did a good job and the show was just incredible. I found my ticket stub of the show, you can see the tape I used an how it looks after alsmost 30 years of being there. I am hoping one day a bootleg of this show turns up because I would love to hear that show again !!!!
Attachments
Ozzy 1982.jpg
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

dude thats awesome .... i put all my ticket stubs and tees progs etc in my folks attic in a box and sadly they got thrown out by accident d,oh. yes the stage set up was awesome and brad realy rocked with full respect to randy,s style !!!
justjeff

Post by justjeff »

Reddawg... Yeah the same thing happened with my Hockey and Baseball trading cards as with your concert tickets but thankfully I still have all my concert stubs. My oldest one being from Black Sabbath Mob Rules tour !!! I remember buying a t-shirt at the show with Diary of Madman cover on it, but that was worn out pretty quickly. I saw triggers list of Ozzy boots from 1982 and he has an amazing list and if he doesn't have the Montreal show I don't know if I should hold out much hope that it exist but you never know !!!