Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

Brad Gillis on Speak Of The Devil

Post by siro_angel »

I really like his sound on this album, he has so much energy and warblings lol

But I love his Night Ranger stuff!

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Brad Gillis on Speak Of The Devil

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

siro_angel wrote:I really like his sound on this album, he has so much energy and warblings lol Simon
Simon have you not seen the Live DVD of Speak of the Devil it was recorded at Irvine Meadows Ca 1982.The guitar solo Brad does WOW! and then they all go into the medley after Tommy's drum solo.I can watch that time and time again its awesome.

That is agreat show to watch and I think Brad is amazing and just proves why he was a replacement for Randy.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Dvd??

Where may I get such a dvd? :P

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

For guitar punch and crunch Brad G. on Speak of the Devil cannot be topped. :twisted:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
siro_angel wrote:I really like his sound on this album, he has so much energy and warblings lol Simon
Simon have you not seen the Live DVD of Speak of the Devil it was recorded at Irvine Meadows Ca 1982.The guitar solo Brad does WOW! and then they all go into the medley after Tommy's drum solo.I can watch that time and time again its awesome.

That is agreat show to watch and I think Brad is amazing and just proves why he was a replacement for Randy.
Never feel that Randy sounded as if he was comfortable on those shows he played during the last few weeks of his life. However when you see the video of Brad playing the same set with the band it all sounds energetic and fresh, they just seem to flow through those solo's and band jam 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
El Cochino

Post by El Cochino »

That was actually my first concert, I was 13 years old... I have the DVD, it's an amazing show. Brad is outstanding.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/BruinJer/HeavenHell.jpg[/img]
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Trigger wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:

Never feel that Randy sounded as if he was comfortable on those shows he played during the last few weeks of his life. However when you see the video of Brad playing the same set with the band it all sounds energetic and fresh, they just seem to flow through those solo's and band jam 8)
i agree randy seemed somewhat uncomfortable playing those last shows - especialy the sabbath numbers, back on the blizzard tour randy reinvented those songs every night but on some of his last shows he rattles through iron man and paranoid playing them just like they are on the original sabbath recordings, almost as if he's bored with it...
but i spose you would be playing the same sabbath songs every show
brad certainly raised the energy levels again
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Excellent points there Whoopie.
Altough I like the SOTD dvd, I think it's a bit borring to watch. It could be so much better with Randy still there. I think Brad does a great job there but the overall band vibe (enthousiasm & fire) is kind of missing imo. And everytime I watch it I curse myself that Randy should have been on that stage there..... I don't have that with other shows that much because of a different stage setup they used then. But Brad was playing in the Randy area......
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi woopie

I have an old VHs from the first time it was aired back in 1982 and the Brazilian DVD. The Brazilian is very cut down which pissed me off when I bought it as I was expecting a better version of my old VHS. I think I remember Skezza telling me that he knew where to get a copy of the full un-cut show in perfect quality.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Excellent points there Whoopie.
Altough I like the SOTD dvd, I think it's a bit borring to watch. It could be so much better with Randy still there. I think Brad does a great job there but the overall band vibe (enthousiasm & fire) is kind of missing imo. And everytime I watch it I curse myself that Randy should have been on that stage there..... I don't have that with other shows that much because of a different stage setup they used then. But Brad was playing in the Randy area......

i think the band was still in shock about randy...they were just trying to get the job done...and gillis looks like he was trying as hard as he could to fill randys shoes.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

zmack mylde wrote: i think the band was still in shock about randy...they were just trying to get the job done...and gillis looks like he was trying as hard as he could to fill randys shoes.
Sorry to say but this comment is total horse sh1te and 100% speculation
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
zmack mylde wrote: i think the band was still in shock about randy...they were just trying to get the job done...and gillis looks like he was trying as hard as he could to fill randys shoes.
When you watch the 'Speak' Video/DVD Brad is at his ease during those songs, Randy was a better guitarist but Brad can play those songs fine.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Trigger wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
When you watch the 'Speak' Video/DVD Brad is at his ease during those songs, Randy was a better guitarist but Brad can play those songs fine.
there's one section in the 1st Mr. Crowley solo
that gives me shivers :shock: :)