Ultimate Rhoads Twitter

Site info, Site suggestions, Site problems are all posted here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

No1UNo
Cool Member

Ultimate Rhoads Twitter

Post by No1UNo »

Hi guys,

If you haven't already, I think you should start a Twitter account for Ultimate Rhoads. It would be the most effective way to get information and resources out there to casual, semi-interested, or new RR fans. It would also drive more folks to this site and community, some of whom may never have found it.

The best way to use it would be to highlight some of your video and audio resource archive...for example, a Tweet on 7/28/11 could've read, "30th anniversary of St. Denis Theater Montreal Show, broadcast on radio with RR's guitar solo used on Tribute - check it out here: [link to audio of concert]."

You could also use it to highlight other important dates in RR's life, such as certain concerts, birthday & crash dates (publicizing the gravesite gathering in San Bernadino each time), and things that are known to be facts. Between the tour itinerary, the Sarzo book and forthcoming Daisley book, there should be plenty to Tweet about.

Additionally, information about new sources of Rhoads footage, pictures, or articles could be publicized with links to them. There are plenty in the rock community that would be on board with this and continue to keep RR's music and legacy alive with their efforts. We could just help to facilitate that in a small way.

I think a doable and reasonable target date to get this going would be RR's upcoming birthday next month.

Please let me know if you think this idea is off the rails or spot on. I'd be happy to help.

David

:fish:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ultimate Rhoads Twitter

Post by skezza »

I think this is a great idea David. I've never really looked much into twitter, but I reckon it would be a good way to grab more and more new fans from the Twittersphere and the new global technological age :)
baconstealer1

Re: Ultimate Rhoads Twitter

Post by baconstealer1 »

I love the idea. I can't run it though because high school is crazy with work. Otherwise I would step up and try to manage it. Sorry guys.
Randy died because God wanted Guitar lessons