Randy's Zeus 840 amp is on EBAY til next Thursday

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

By the way, wasn't the garage hit by the plane? The amp must have fallen out of the bus, onto the plane and then survived the crash and resulting fire without any damage...

Again, if it was Randy's, it belongs to his family and not a schiester trying to make a buck.
jody kephart

The plane hit the bus then the house

Post by jody kephart »

[youtube][/youtube]
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:By the way, wasn't the garage hit by the plane? The amp must have fallen out of the bus, onto the plane and then survived the crash and resulting fire without any damage...

Again, if it was Randy's, it belongs to his family and not a schiester trying to make a buck.
Im with you Paul my friend, this had no way of getting into private hands unless it was stolen.
I have read the what has been said on both sites and I think to many words and posts have been wasted on the subject. If (and I doubt it!) this is the 100% real thing? the ownership of it should be proved beyond any doubt before it changes hands. I have no problem with Randy's belongings being sold to fans because they will remain valued and cared for. The problem here is that the legal owner of this (if it wasn't a reproduction) needs to be proved if not the sale of this is questionable.

I know people here and at TK are in touch with RR's family and I know they are being contacted, so should this item fail to have reached them the correct persons will be working to retrieve this item and return it to its owners.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

no offense,but this thing looks like a piece of cheezy junk.I know it has value cause RR used it but this thing is laughable and must sound hideous.
Looks like an elementary school science fair project rolled up into some oversized case.
Rockmans came out 2yrs later.
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

I have a couple of thoughts on this. If I recall correctly, the pictures of Randy with the Zeus pedalboard were taken just after the guys from Zeus presented it to him on 12/31/81. It's possible that Randy tried it out, was photographed while he practiced, and then asked Zeus to make a couple of minor changes. Judging by the pictures we've seen, those changes may have been...

1. Swap out the black faceplate for the lighter-colored one, so that the knobs, etc., would be easier to see against the background (and in low lighting conditions).

2. Attach a battery pack inside the lid for those times when AC power is not available.

The unit definitely had a battery pack in the lid, as Domenic from Zeus said so to Guitar Player magazine. However, in Neil Zlozower's photos, the battery pack is clearly absent. This alone suggests the pedalboard did go back to Zeus for some additional work (or at least that the pack was removable).

Also, why would somebody go to the trouble of identically-matching the grill on the second speaker to the one in the Zeus mini-amp and not bother to get a black faceplate? Why would somebody get the right keyboard case (it does appear to be the same one), and then put a big battery pack in the lid that is clearly not in the photos? Someone reproducing this pedalboard going by Zlozower's photos would use a black faceplate and probably wouldn't add the battery pack.

These differences actually make me more inclined to believe in the pedalboard's authenticity. I don't think a hoaxer would get it correct on the minor details and blow it on big ones like the faceplate and battery pack. It doesn't make sense. I can't say for certain, but I suspect this is the real thing, and those differences we see between these photos may be changes requested by Randy himself.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah you could be thinking that he had this modified to his own specs. But one thing i cannot understand is this is a basic piece of kit for amplifying your guitar while playing through your ideas while writing etc. and being able to hear your electric guitar without having to play through a large head and 4 X 12 cab. So this was made to custom for RR, how come his customised pedalboard that he used Live didn't have all those brass name plates with simple shit like INPUT IN/OUT PRE AMP OZZY JACK etc. It was simple and had no tags on it at all. OK that may have been down to Zeus to make it look pro. Plus the one Randy is playing could of been a prototype. ? We can all speculate about this but we should have some proof from Rudy Sarzo Kelle Rhoads or Jerry Calhoun before the auction finishes. I do believe that someone over at TK has bid up to $8000 on this and still have not hit the reserve ?.
jody kephart

Post by jody kephart »

[youtube][/youtube]
jody kephart

Post by jody kephart »

The reserve is not high, no gouging. Just let the public see the unit. The reserve will drop off soon at this rate. After having this unit for 27 years, I'm ready to let it go. Jody
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I have no idea if it is fake or real, I just hope whoever buys it is satisfied that they're purchasing something authentic. If they are worried it is fake, they need to inquire with the correct authorities.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote:I have no idea if it is fake or real, I just hope whoever buys it is satisfied that they're purchasing something authentic. If they are worried it is fake, they need to inquire with the correct authorities.
Joe if this is not the original item the person selling this is doing something criminal. Selling forged goods by deception is a prison sentence mate. If this sells for a large amount of $$$$$$$$ It's criminal that this has been taking from the bus without anyone knowing and keeping it hiding away for 27 years. But it will come out if this is the real deal or a totaly made up piece of B.S
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The reserve is not high... $8000 is high asshole... either it's fake or you stole it and anyone who considers paying for this is an idiot.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I still doubt it's real. .tk gave enough details about this unit over the last few years that a replica could be made. A Zeus amp even came up to auction a year or so ago, so that adds to my doubt.
OffTheScales

Post by OffTheScales »

Dude Jody. You must have no heart in you. Considering you are probably just thinking about some more bullshit to tell us. You need to give this back. You may not like the feeling of doing it but you should go down to Dee's house hand it to her and tell her the truth. Or just mail it to her and say I have had this and I thought you would want it back. Think about it. I wouldn't recommend coming back here if you still sell it.
When Randy Rhoads Died, I think A Piece Of Everyone In Town Died With Him...
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

OffTheScales wrote:Dude Jody. You must have no heart in you. Considering you are probably just thinking about some more bullshit to tell us. You need to give this back. You may not like the feeling of doing it but you should go down to Dee's house hand it to her and tell her the truth. Or just mail it to her and say I have had this and I thought you would want it back. Think about it. I wouldn't recommend coming back here if you still sell it.
I think thats a bit immature personally. The first part sounds like your whining, and the second part sounds like your threatening him :? The equipment is currently in his possession, therefore its under his control. The equipment should have originally been returned to Dee, rather than ever given to the guy in the first place, but now it is in his possession, it is very hard to expect him to return it. Thats called a perfect world.