ORMSBY RANDY RHOADS V

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Re: ORMSBY RANDY RHOADS V

Post by dannyahansen »

rhoads56 wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:Interesting read, thanks for the replies. I had no idea Zakk's wife contacted you.
You'd be amazed at the number of "known" guitarists Ive knocked back. I don't see it as "OMG they want a guitar, think of the exposure!!!"... I see it as "hell, if they get this Im going to be stuck making copies of that one for years...".
Ha. Well, I was looking at your website and the guitars you build look top notch. So that is not surprising that you get lots of requests. I guess to a certain extent it seems weird (at least to me) that you are so booked that you have to turn business away. But being that busy sure is a nice thing. I hate it (it is rare these days) when I am not busy. Lots of job security. It would seem that some pro musicians think they deserve special treatment. One thing I did learn was that Marshall never once gave his amps away. Artists always paid for them regardless if they were Jimi or Eddie.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

dannyahansen wrote:
rhoads56 wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:Interesting read, thanks for the replies. I had no idea Zakk's wife contacted you.
You'd be amazed at the number of "known" guitarists Ive knocked back. I don't see it as "OMG they want a guitar, think of the exposure!!!"... I see it as "hell, if they get this Im going to be stuck making copies of that one for years...".
Ha. Well, I was looking at your website and the guitars you build look top notch. So that is not surprising that you get lots of requests. I guess to a certain extent it seems weird (at least to me) that you are so booked that you have to turn business away. But being that busy sure is a nice thing. I hate it (it is rare these days) when I am not busy. Lots of job security. It would seem that some pro musicians think they deserve special treatment. One thing I did learn was that Marshall never once gave his amps away. Artists always paid for them regardless if they were Jimi or Eddie.

The website is way overdue for a revamp. I havent really touched it since around 2009. Best to see current stuff on facebook (www.facebook.com/ormsbyguitars).

Being booked out is an understatement! Ive only taken orders for four days since january last year. The 10 x 10th Anniversary guitars ($7000-11000 each) took 24 hours to sell, 30 Hypemachines ($4500 average each) took 36 hours, and the last run, my SX model, took 16 minutes to fill 14 order spots ($4300-5000 each).

With demand like that, it's really easy to say no to people that want "free" guitars in return for exposure. :shock:

And they say the economy is crap :)
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

rhoads56 wrote:

The website is way overdue for a revamp. I havent really touched it since around 2009. Best to see current stuff on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ormsbyguitars).

Being booked out is an understatement! Ive only taken orders for four days since january last year. The 10 x 10th Anniversary guitars ($7000-11000 each) took 24 hours to sell, 30 Hypemachines ($4500 average each) took 36 hours, and the last run, my SX model, took 16 minutes to fill 14 order spots ($4300-5000 each).

With demand like that, it's really easy to say no to people that want "free" guitars in return for exposure. :shock:

And they say the economy is crap :)
Whoa, that is serious in terms of orders.