RR Tribute guitar custom made link to pics

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: RR Tribute guitar custom made link to pics

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Nice... how does it sound?
quinnsryche

Post by quinnsryche »

No Jackson on the headstock?
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

we can't put the jackson logo on it but you can buy them online and if you want to get really good stick it on and gloss over it or have it done. The guitar plays and sounds awsesome.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

so what wood is used, pick ups etc
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

sytharnia wrote:so what wood is used, pick ups etc

That was my next question... details of the build!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Yes, do tell us the details... And how much was it? Personally, if I have a bar on a guitar, I prefer a Floyd. It just makes sense. I ain't Hendrix or Rhoads. Two guys that made their guitars stay in tune after they used the bar. I believe if they were both around for it, they would say, "Gimme a Floyd."
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

hansolo wrote:Yes, do tell us the details... And how much was it? Personally, if I have a bar on a guitar, I prefer a Floyd. It just makes sense. I ain't Hendrix or Rhoads. Two guys that made their guitars stay in tune after they used the bar. I believe if they were both around for it, they would say, "Gimme a Floyd."
Ed did an admirable job on the first record, but then jumped at the chance to use the Floyd contraption.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

found spec's in other thread

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6266
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Oh yeah, Eddie too and there are probably more guys out there that can keep the bar (unlocking trem) in tune. I have said it before, I had and early Floyd and I have a Fender with the 2 fulcrum point which stays in tune pretty good but the double locking Floyd stays in tune the best - If you are going to have one.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Nice guitar -but to be negative it is not accurate to RR's pinstripe at all :( The body shape and "v" is way off,I'm just really picky and had to point it out :lol:
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

Guys as far as stripes being off that could be the pictures. But keep in mind the guitar must have small differences to sell otherwise jackson will come down on us. Also some are talking about adding a flyod rose we can do that when ordered but that to now does not make the guitar the same. So why would you care if the stripes are then off or the body a bit? Guys heres the deal we made these as close as possible and put alot of work into it. As we go along yes we will make changes but to me they look very close, closer then any other ones made in the past. Hell even Jackson sold there other models with black stripes for thousands of dollars and they were completely wrong color. Also there body was not correct. that does not make it a bad guitar. if you are wanting the exact thing then get me a guitar and we will be happy to copy it exact. Or you can spend $9,000 to 12,000 and buy the exact thing. I'm not trying to be an -ss here but not one polkadot out there is exact either. I don't think if you bought are guitar anyone is going to come and measure it or point out things that may be different that no one is ever going to noticed. If someone can send me a wood templete of the body let me know we can work something out and I will make them that way. As of now this is what we have and it is $10,000 cheaper then the exact copy. For that difference in price I would take mine and spend my money elsewhere.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

If anyone is interested they are up on ebay for order and one is available now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDY-RHOADS-V- ... 2a1f22154b
Solos

Post by Solos »

Okay... $2000 for a guitar built by an unknown builder. That seems fair... :roll: How do we know this isn't one of those cheap Chinese copies that sell for $400 and the 4 to 6 week "build" time is more like the time it takes these to ship from China or wherever? Do you have pics of the build process? What are the hardware specs? They're not even listed in the auction. If I'm gonna drop $2K on a guitar, I want to know exactly what type of bridge, pickups, tuners, etc... is on there.

The lack of information and detail leads me to believe this is a bit shady.
basicswatch

Post by basicswatch »

Sir with all do respect I am not going to disclose my contacts. the hardware facts are on there. the back plate is brass why would you need to know were it was bought? same with the all the other hardware. the pickups are our own we had made why would I discuss who made them for me. just like are polkadot guitar was bought and copied and sold for almost nothing. Then the guy went on utube and made a video and started a comment that we were buying from him and selling for more. It was my customers that set them straight that it was not the same guitar whom had bought both. I'm sure these guys will do the same. But guess what no one in china is going to be able to paint these stripes the right color and use quality paint. the color is a mix of not only blue but there is many different colors in it including purple metallic which you would wonder why. all paint is weighted with a scale before mixed. Some colors you can't buy anymore there vintage and not made. So they must be made and mixed with other colors. This was not easy. many look at these guitars and say oh they did not do this right or that right. well I say to them then spend $12,000 and your happy. So for your comment as to were there made? I posted more pics of us doing the head stock and a pic of were the knobs sit next to the stripes. As you can see there is no clear on the headstock yet it was just painted. nut is on but not attched and one pic shows the nut off. the headstock still needs sanding clear and then sanding and buffing. In another pic there is a pack of malboro light smokes. i don't think they have that brand in China.

go to this link
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v310/ ... %20guitar/