Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: Sandoval Polka Dot V Copies

Post by sytharnia »

axeman_12656 wrote:I rotate from 6 guitars on stage. I know what you mean. I will pull mine out every so often. But its not a usual. my PDV is one of tims. But it really is a nice guitar.

I also just bought a Concorde (knockoff). I have NO IDEA who made it or where. It does have Jackson on the headstock but it isn't a Jackson. But it's a really nice guitar also and I got it real cheap used. Just needs some TLC. I have a friend that does magic with guitars. He is setting it up for me and I also am putting a dimbucker in it. They sound amazing. Nothing wrong with doings little things to make the guitar your own. it is not exact to the Concorde but its close. I'm happy with it. Below are some pics

Josh
awesome....now you should blacken the fretboard with leather dye :twisted:
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Got mine yesterday! Great timing too! Gave it a test run and it's amazing! Oh, my old Strat is next to it... It's taking up the spotlight for some reason....
Attachments
380865_227141857358465_100001879583060_552248_1370512836_n.jpg
kevinkyle46542

Post by kevinkyle46542 »

looks very cool hope you enjoy it
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Awesome, congrats!!! Thanks for posting it, and glad to hear you like it as much as everyone else. You even got yours the same time I did last year - the first week of December. Sure makes for a great early Christmas present to yourself! I'll always have fond memories of getting it. It was delivered while I was at work, and my wife didn't phone me at work to let me know, as she usually does. Instead, she got it out of the box and set it up on a stand in the middle of the living room. I almost fell on my ass when I walked into the room after work!
Ric

camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I'm just reading thru this for the first time. Pretty surprised at the reviews being consistently good! Not that it doesn't look to be, but for the price, it sounds great! Has anybody ordered one recently? I was wondering if the input jack is back on the upper wing now...

I have a V that has it on the lower wing, and it f%cks me up if I'm trying to sit down and play it, which I like doing. Now I've got GAS! Thanks guys :)
turbotommy

Post by turbotommy »

I just ordered mine from Tim....can't wait to see it!!!!!
Does anyone have a link to a hard shell case that will fit it?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

I swear, one day I WILL build one of these... :twisted:
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Just picked up one of the exit 98 fiddles. I'm pleasantly surprised! Changing the bridge and the tuners, then it'll be even better! A pleasant surprise
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

And swapped out to black hw. Gonna fine tune it tonight. Might have a lead on some Dimarzio's here locally today as well
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Anybody here have one of the exit 98 models AND the joezandra models? Or that have seen both in person?
gmevans95

Post by gmevans95 »

Hey guys,

How are the guitars holding up?

I noticed there hasn't been a post in here for years...

Gareth
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I have the exit98 version. Upgraded the electronics, hardware and pickups. Plays really well! I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality. However, I don't play it so often and have just recently started thinking of selling it. We are hoping to move soon and I may have to downsize considerably
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

I just ordered one of these from zoesandra myself. Curious how everyone is getting on with theirs now? Still loving them?
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

Anybody?....Bueller?......Bueller?....

I usually expect from the get-go to want to upgrade the hardware and electronics on any guitar I buy at this price point, but I'm wondering how these are stock? Do the hardware and electronics even need replacing on these?
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

This place needs a tumbleweed smilie... :(