Randy Rhoads favorite live photo

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stewie
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads favorite live photo

Post by Stewie »

What is your favorite live photograph? Please include them in your posts! I'll start with some of mine...

ksa09

Re: Randy Rhoads favorite live photo

Post by ksa09 »

randy.jpg
randy.jpg
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Stewie wrote:What is your favorite live photograph? Please include them in your posts! I'll start with some of mine...

All three of those are great, but that first one is ICONIC. It's THE photo I think of when I think of Randy live.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote: All three of those are great, but that first one is ICONIC. It's THE photo I think of when I think of Randy live.
Does somebody know if this picture was already 'famous' before the release of the Tribute album, or was it new when the album was released?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think this one is very funny! :P
Attachments
550544214_l.jpg
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Hmm i just noticed in that last pic from day on the green that randy is bending the A string and not the G for that beginning and ending part of crazy train. I am going to have to go listen to this and see what it sounded like now :)

Edit: Alright that photo is definitely not Crazy Train as i always thought it was.

I was thinking it was the end of steal away but then that part cuts at the end where he would do something like that at the end of the song before the drum solo. Then i remembered hearing something like that at the end of children of the grave and that's gotta be it!

Watch this youtube video starting at 9:05, he starts doing a hammer/pulloff from A flat to B and then bends the A - flat up to E and then starts doing the toggle switch while it feedbacks.. :D

GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Great detective work Shockwave! I think you got it!! 8)
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

pretty fuc.... cool
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Stewie wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote: All three of those are great, but that first one is ICONIC. It's THE photo I think of when I think of Randy live.
Does somebody know if this picture was already 'famous' before the release of the Tribute album, or was it new when the album was released?
That photo was somewhat famous before the Tribute album. The first time I saw it was in an issue of Record Review in 1983. I figured out recently it was actually published for the first time while Randy was still alive, in an issue of the Chicago Tribune from February of '82.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Shockwave wrote:Hmm i just noticed in that last pic from day on the green that randy is bending the A string and not the G for that beginning and ending part of crazy train. I am going to have to go listen to this and see what it sounded like now :)

Edit: Alright that photo is definitely not Crazy Train as i always thought it was.

I was thinking it was the end of steal away but then that part cuts at the end where he would do something like that at the end of the song before the drum solo. Then i remembered hearing something like that at the end of children of the grave and that's gotta be it!

Watch this youtube video starting at 9:05, he starts doing a hammer/pulloff from A flat to B and then bends the A - flat up to E and then starts doing the toggle switch while it feedbacks.. :D

I think that DOTG pic was taken by Rhoads Rock Photographer and I believe he once said it was 'Paranoid' they were playing when he took the shot.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Gus wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Hmm i just noticed in that last pic from day on the green that randy is bending the A string and not the G for that beginning and ending part of crazy train. I am going to have to go listen to this and see what it sounded like now :)

I think that DOTG pic was taken by Rhoads Rock Photographer and I believe he once said it was 'Paranoid' they were playing when he took the shot.
Could be but I seriously doubt it, that position he is in takes time to get into and time to get out of. The tempo of paranoid real doesn't allow for it and the ending is quick and done with. I have not listen to the paranoid version from that show for a few years but will do so tomorrow to see if I notice anything.

I'm betting children of the though, great way for him to end the show before encore :)
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Gus wrote:I think that DOTG pic was taken by Rhoads Rock Photographer and I believe he once said it was 'Paranoid' they were playing when he took the shot.
Correct.

However, I may be incorrect in that instance. I'll have to check the negative number sequence in order to narrow it down, further.

It's difficult to ascertain how far into the set they were, before I even began shooting. It was still morning and the stage was very shadowed at the beginning (and through a good portion) of their set. Bad light. I hadn't even gone there expecting to get many "Randy Rhoads" shots - I'd barely even heard (of) him, prior to the show. Of course, after about halfway through their set, I was completely impressed with him (to put it mildly).

I was there mainly for Heart, above anyone else.

It's a shame it was such an overcast day, with just a few periods of sun breaks.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I have a few.....

(thank you to the original poster's of these pic's) 8)
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I also have a few favorites (:
Attachments
rotation3.jpg
oz10.jpg
(12.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Randy-Rhoads-live.jpg
Randy_Rhoads_1.jpeg
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon