Has anybody here met Jake E Lee?

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randys roadie
Cool Member

Has anybody here met Jake E Lee?

Post by randys roadie »

I wondered if any of you have ever met him?
Randy rocked
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

:D Never met him face to face, but speak frequently via e-mail. Very nice guy, down to earth, modest and has a great sense of humor! It's an honor to know him. He's also one of my all time fave guitarists. :D
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
SixPounder
Cool Member

Post by SixPounder »

deansolo wrote::D Never met him face to face, but speak frequently via e-mail. Very nice guy, down to earth, modest and has a great sense of humor! It's an honor to know him. He's also one of my all time fave guitarists. :D
I've always heard he was an asshole..But I guess you never know until you talk to him yourself
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

deansolo wrote::D Never met him face to face, but speak frequently via e-mail. Very nice guy, down to earth, modest and has a great sense of humor! It's an honor to know him. He's also one of my all time fave guitarists. :D
get him sign up to here :roll:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

SixPounder wrote:I've always heard he was an asshole..But I guess you never know until you talk to him yourself
I met him and he was a really nice man :) when I have a bit more time I will tell you all about it. He wasn't an asshole he had time to talk and was very modest. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

skezza wrote:
get him sign up to here :roll:
Yeah, Right! :D I wish. He's very low key. i don't think he's into the rockstar thing anymore,... He kind of shruggs it off and refers to himself as "Da Oge" (Old guitar playin' effluvium). He seems to do what he wants, when he wants...and I don't think wild horses could drag him into any forum.

would be cool though to have him be more communicative.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

you know if he checks out the jakelee.com forum ? :D
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Stiltzkin wrote:you know if he checks out the jakelee.com forum ? :D
Dude, I bet he does, even though I don't know for sure. The fact he mentioned them on his most recent album is indication that he is aware of the site. He does surf the web. He told me he frequently visits my website looking for 'new toys to sink his teeth into' and commented about the lack of updates! LOL!!

So, yeah, I think he visits the site.

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Dean...Trigger...Great stories. I was lucky enough to see Jake E. Lee during Ozzy's "Bark At the Moon" tour in '84. I really, really liked his playing as well as his aggressive stage presence. Jake was far and away my favorite of Osbourne's guitarists after Randy.....as well as "Bark at the Moon" being third in line behind "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman". Simply an outstanding musician..... 8)
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Jake is for sure a great player! Amazing technique. But I never liked his guitarsound. One of my favorites with Jake & Ozzy is "Rockn'roll Rebel". Great song! Don't know his Badlands stuff. More bluesy I heard.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

what is it about the sound you don't like ?!
The Flying Dutchman

Stiltzkin wrote:what is it about the sound you don't like ?!
It's too thin for my taste. (I refer to his sound when he was with Ozzy)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Back in 1986 I was outside the De Montfort Hall Leicester Ozzy was playing that night. I saw Ozzy get off the bus followed by the band minus Jake! I waited and 5 minutes later off got Jake looking very sad I said hi and he asked how I was and if I was going to be at the show that night after a short chat he walked into the venue.

That night I was at the show it was great! :D After the show we walked home and decided to stop at a local Hotel to get a drink. we walked in and were told we couldn't use the bar as it was closed for a private function :roll: , we were about to leave and from out of nowhere Jake wandered over and started to chat with us :shock: . I can’t remember exactly what we talked about I know we told him how great the show was. And I remember he said or implied that things were not that happy in the band. I remember that in the bar you could see the band all having fun. But Jake seemed completely isolated from them and looked very unhappy :cry: . He was a very nice guy and had lots of time for us 8) .

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Trigger wrote:Back in 1986 I was outside the De Montfort Hall Leicester Ozzy was playing that night. I saw Ozzy get off the bus followed by the band minus Jake! I waited and 5 minutes later off got Jake looking very sad I said hi and he asked how I was and if I was going to be at the show that night after a short chat he walked into the venue.

That night I was at the show it was great! :D After the show we walked home and decided to stop at a local Hotel to get a drink. we walked in and were told we couldn't use the bar as it was closed for a private function :roll: , we were about to leave and from out of nowhere Jake wandered over and started to chat with us :shock: . I can’t remember exactly what we talked about I know we told him how great the show was. And I remember he said or implied that things were not that happy in the band. I remember that in the bar you could see the band all having fun. But Jake seemed completely isolated from them and looked very unhappy :cry: . He was a very nice guy and had lots of time for us 8) .

T
Great story thanks! Jake was a good guy! :D
I can imagine that it can be pretty tough if you are touring and have to go up on stage every night while you are not on great terms anymore. Must have felt awful..... :( It looks like the same thing happened to him as with Randy, I remember Kelly Garni once said that Randy was very isolated as well......
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Great story thanks! Jake was a good guy! :D
I can imagine that it can be pretty tough if you are touring and have to go up on stage every night while you are not on great terms anymore. Must have felt awful..... :( It looks like the same thing happened to him as with Randy, I remember Kelly Garni once said that Randy was very isolated as well......[/quote]

Perhaps Ozzy never realised when he had real talent in his band.
Randy rocked