It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: pictures of Randy's pedalboard
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:17 am 
Mass Poster

Shockwave wrote:
Regarding the jacks on the right side next to the fuse holder. I would say that is a folder but I think the jacks are actually toggle switches. I noticed this a couple weeks ago on a couple other pics of the pedal board. If they are in fact toggle switches I would guess one is for the power of the board which makes sense as it’s right next to the fuse holder. The other switch would be to toggle the wah pedal in and out of the effects loop chain. Just a guess of course but it would answer the question of how he was able to get those two completely different wah days live.

yep even from the top bad photo they look like switches, both switched down

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:30 pm 
Mass Poster

equinox wrote:
On a seperate note, looks like I posted a photo previously, but found a good photo of the back of the pedalboard in Bob Daisley's book I purchased a couple days ago (For Facts Sake). You can clearly see when facing the pedalboard, there are 8 equally spaced jacks on the left side and 3 things on the right which looks like 2 jacks and a fuse holder! - fyi

Aye i would remove the photo before SKY goes into arse kicking mode.. If it's Bob's its not good to use it any where just a shame he doesn't roll with the same rules.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:57 am 

Shockwave wrote:
equinox wrote:
He guys. Sorry, got tied up with a TON of things...house, vehicle stuff.

ok. I'm off as of today until 1/2, soo have a couple weeks off and although a few things to do, will only take me a couple days to do, soo I'll have time to finished the pedalboard (along with other things).

I also got side-tracked. I built a "tribute" head like 7-9 years ago that got the amp/OD tone with just the head, but decided to re-wire it and just make it a 50-watt version with a master control. The end result....same thing as the big brother, but you can turn the damn thing down. I designed a customer 1x12 slant cabinet and had one speaker in it, then decided to put an extra Altec I had in it. Ther result...spot-on amp/cabinet tone! :) However, the cab is black and the head is white, soo, thinking about havnig my guy build me another cabinet in white!! We'll see. I'll probably have the pedalboard done next weekend and will then post results and photos.

On a seperate note, looks like I posted a photo previously, but found a good photo of the back of the pedalboard in Bob Daisley's book I purchased a couple days ago (For Facts Sake). You can clearly see when facing the pedalboard, there are 8 equally spaced jacks on the left side and 3 things on the right which looks like 2 jacks and a fuse holder! - fyi

Nice!

Regarding the jacks on the right side next to the fuse holder. I would say that is a folder but I think the jacks are actually toggle switches. I noticed this a couple weeks ago on a couple other pics of the pedal board. If they are in fact toggle switches I would guess one is for the power of the board which makes sense as it’s right next to the fuse holder. The other switch would be to toggle the wah pedal in and out of the effects loop chain. Just a guess of course but it would answer the question of how he was able to get those two completely different wah days live.

Yeah, I didnt get it done over the holidays! Got a LOT of chores done and happy for that..but not everything and the pedalboard was one of them unfortunately.

Yeah, I have no idea, only speculation. If you have additional photos...post them. Since powering the pedals off 120V and included an isloation power strip underneath, yeah, I should and will add a fushholder also. I plan on working on it today....finally!

As far as the wah pedal, a couple things...1. I'm reading Bob Daisley's book I got over the holidays. Great read. Spoilers...It confirms Pete Holmes built it, when Randy received it, and also the cost! It was a lot like 1000# or 2000# (I'd have to look it up to confirm), but a lot of money at the time I would think. 2. dont think the switch on back would have anything to do with the wah. The foot switches already include an on/off for the wah and the wah is external to the pedalboard itself, so easy enough to just run cords external and not hard-wired, but could be wrong. I'd have to think about it. I never drew up the actual wiring diagram....yet. I just procured all the pedals, designed the exclosure and had it made and drilled and mounted all of the pots and switches and cut the whole for the EQ where its supposed to be.

I may end up pulling out the LEDs and intalling lamp indicators. I actually found something very similar to Randy's and have them in transit to the states from Austrailia! ...but that was the intention...build it up and later on add an even more representative indicator lamps and pedal switch.

Over the holidays, I had a 50w single input head I built like 7-9 years ago, hi gain to get the same type of tone as the modified 1959 Marshall and pedal, but all out of the head. I decided to convert it to the 1959RR spec, single input (modified channel) and of course scaled down to 50 watts. I put one of my extra Altect 417-8Hs in a custom 1x12 cab I designed....sounds killer. Randy in a small box. The head is white, but cab is black, so having a white 1x12 cab made for it. Easy to transport around, but still get the Rhoads tone! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:17 pm 
Madman

Any updates about pedalboard, equinox? I was reading these old posts again and wondered if you got close to Randy's sound?
I had some of the pedals that Randy had in his board, they're long gone now... :| Maybe I will get some of those back again and build myself another pedalboard!!! :mrgreen:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4