Randy Rhoads Autograph

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

teamotk

Randy Rhoads Autograph

Post by teamotk »

Hey,

Does anyone here own an authentic Randy Rhoads autograph? It could include a full signed piece with the band or solo. Would love to hear the story or see the piece.

Thanks
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Re: Randy Rhoads Autograph

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

shoot me a PM, I have collected some very rare and cool autographed memorabilia from the randy era ozzy years
I went ahead and rode the white horse
teamotk

Post by teamotk »

PMed you
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i have had loads of signed memorabilia over the years..
Attachments
RR Ozzy Bob signed prog.jpg
(16.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Randy Rhoads signed Diary prog 1981.jpg
Randy Rhoads signature close up 1.JPG
teamotk

Post by teamotk »

PMed you
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I was always looking for something genuine. Sadly prices have gone out of reach..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You'd be surprised how many people don't realise who Randy is and they'll sell a tour programme for example and not mention it is signed by him. I've been lucky and scored for many signed items, you have to keep at it..if you snooze you lose!!.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

The first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear of Randy autographs is signed Tribute albums being sold...:D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ive seen many an item sold when the sellers are saying stuff like RR photo signed backstage at London's Hammersmith odeon September 1980 and the photo is from a LA gig in 1981. Pure forgery and the guy didnt do his research. Yeah i seen a signed Tribute album about 5 years ago in massive silver sharpie pen..Randy's signature was always wrote small and neat. Before anyone says anything silver marker pens were about in the early 1980's not sharpie, silver paint with a rattle bead like an aerosol. They took forever to dry...i have a Bark at the Moon album signed by Ozzy and he slid it under the next record as i was getting multiple items signed every one was wrecked smeared what a mess. I nearly cried, when i seen them...
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

There's no way to prove any Randy Rhoads autograph is 100% real. You are a fool to spend money on something without either A. having video evidence of Randy signing it, or B. having Randy sign it for you in person.
Too bad A. does not exist and B. is now impossible since he's dead.

If you trust someone just because they are a member here or have a good ebay/paypal history or excellent reputation or other people vouch for them... at the end of the day no matter how good any of that sounds or looks, you don't know 100 percent for certain that it's really a Rhoads autograph. I doubt you would literally bet your own life on whether it's real or not.

Something for you to think about before you waste your money.

I have always thought people that collect autographs are dumb anyways. They hold zero sentimental value if it wasn't personally signed for you. And odds are, they are fake anyways.

When I meet famous people, I get a pick from them that they've actually played with and a photo with them and a handshake, that and the memories is good enough for me.

An autograph is silly, it's just their name on a piece of paper, means nothing.

I mean if it floats your boat that's cool man... but just know, it's probably a fake if you didn't obtain it direct from Randy and you don't have video evidence.

I just don't see the point in paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a persons name written on something, when in all truth, there will always be a bit of doubt in your mind to is it really authentic... and if you don't have that doubt, then you are a gullible fool.

But do what you do man, as the saying goes a fool and their money is soon separated from one another lol

My motto in life is simple.... Don't trust anyone EVER. And I mean no one, not your wife, your best friend, your parents, your church, school, boss, bandmate, or government.

Trust no one means exactly that.... NO ONE.

And when you buy an autograph, you have to trust SOMEONE. Even the science of handwriting analysis and the DNA tests on them is not 100 percent fool proof. Don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.

Especially when $$$ is involved.... people will become very corrupt to make a little $$$.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and fkn wrong...You need to be educated in hand writing before you can shout out the word fake. I've always went out of my way to find original signed items. Ozzy and the band did many in-store signings during all his time with the BOO. 1980 was more of a promo tour as he was plugging a new band so he did more signings in the UK then in the USA Europe etc. So i know they are out there. If you snooze you lose.. I've done this long enough to notice what is shit and what is genuine. Just like when i found the HMH Portvale 1981 video. That was through a friend and then i managed to get in touch with the guy and got the dvd of the original film. It's being in the know and being ahead of your game.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

OK Spot the fake.....
Attachments
Ozzy Blackburn poster inc signatures 2.jpg
Ozzy signed promo photo 1980.jpg
Ozzy 1980 signatures inc RR Bob & Lee.jpg
Randy Rhoads signature close up 1.JPG
Ozzy signed ticket Randy Rhoads.jpg
Ozzy Randy Lee & Bob 1980 signed diary page.jpg
Ozzy 1980 signatures inc Daisley Kerslake Rhoads.jpg
Ozzy Blizzard signed Blackburn King Georges hall poster RR s.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Lets play a game ...spot the fake ....Go!!
Attachments
000_0001.jpg
100_2622.jpg
100_3575.jpg
100_5907.jpg
100_5891.jpg
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

I still wouldn't bet my life that any of those are 100 percent real. If God appeared before me right now and said hey Romeo, I'm gonna make a bet with you, if you win you live another 60 years.... if you lose you die instantly. All you have to do is answer correctly if the autographs above are real or not....

being 99.99 percent sure and 100 percent sure of something is miles and miles apart.

I don't believe ANYTHING in life is real unless it's tangible to all my senses and I've personally experienced.

I'm not even convinced that the Earth is round or even rotates...

I'm certainly not going to believe ANY RR autographs are real....
People can be MASTERS at replicating someones handwriting.... it's not impossible to do.... as long as it IS possible to replicate, no matter how unlikely, it's still possible, and therefore I will never believe any Rhoads autograph is real.

I have no way of being 100 percent sure... willing to bet my life on it, no.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hey romeo your on top form just a pity your post is a load of bolloxs. Come back with something to say rather then waffling on like a coke head full of hot steam.