Mr Crowley anomalies by wingsofpegasus

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

shawn
Cool Member

Mr Crowley anomalies by wingsofpegasus

Post by shawn »

Mildly interesting look at the Rochester Mr Crowley.

Link to wingsofpegasus talking about Mr Crowley

I just noticed that Randy's amps power lights are not on.
shawn
Cool Member

Re: Mr Crowley anomalies by wingsofpegasus

Post by shawn »

So here is an update to previous video Rudy Sarso contacted wingsofpegasus.

Something interesting with the amps as well, not only do they not look powered up, they are not miking Randy's white head if they are powered on.
2night2night

Post by 2night2night »

Randy's amps clearly show 2 mics in front of the left bottom stack on the floor.As for the power bulb ,Maybe someone took the bulb out of his amp head so noone would see it in the dark or maybe it was burnt out' . This video has been out of sync in every version I have watched. Also the keyboard player was doubling his lead at the first part of the second solo , so that would explain sounds when he wasn't playing. Also,He might have had only that 1 bottom cab hooked up, because 4 cabs would have been overkill in a smaller type room . So he might of had the white amp head on ,running the left bottom cab,I think he is definately playing live or he has every nuance down for a solo that I've only heard him play that way 1 time .
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I always figured maybe he had an amp off to the side or in another room or something. A full Marshall stack like that going at the volume Randy played at would be absolute overkill for everyone in the room.

Also, I never realized there was a debate about whether or not his playing was dubbed over. The guy in the video makes it sound like there's some hot debate about it, and he's going to crack the case wide open.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

2night2night wrote:Randy's amps clearly show 2 mics in front of the left bottom stack on the floor.As for the power bulb ,Maybe someone took the bulb out of his amp head so noone would see it in the dark or maybe it was burnt out' . This video has been out of sync in every version I have watched. Also the keyboard player was doubling his lead at the first part of the second solo , so that would explain sounds when he wasn't playing. Also,He might have had only that 1 bottom cab hooked up, because 4 cabs would have been overkill in a smaller type room . So he might of had the white amp head on ,running the left bottom cab,I think he is definately playing live or he has every nuance down for a solo that I've only heard him play that way 1 time .
What you have to remember when you see his cab's mic'd up. This is for the front of house PA and the monitor mix for on stage. When you read about the general stage sound on a typical Diary stage the sound was bouncing all over the place. Tommy's drums being high up on the drum riser... So both Rudy and Randy had side fills of either PA cabs or in Randy's case his Marshall's turned around to play across the stage. Randy had his cabs wired up in a 'daisy chain' sequence so all 6 cabs would be active. Or in a smaller venue he would have 4 cabs and a spare stack in case one of the stacks went down. He was always paranoid about his sound on stage and what it sounded like out front. He would ask fans who came backstage "what did i sound like out front", if he thought he'd had a poor sound it would bring him down. This was for nearly every show he'd report back to Jodi in letters and post cards saying if he'd had a good gig or for what ever reason why he'd had a poor gig etc.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

shawn wrote:Mildly interesting look at the Rochester Mr Crowley.

Link to wingsofpegasus talking about Mr Crowley

I just noticed that Randy's amps power lights are not on.
The powerlight of his black Marshall is on there. The white Marshall is off. As seen in many other pics it looks he didn't use his white Marshall much. I heard it was blowing transformers a lot so it was mainly used as a spare. Ironically many years later the Marshall company used that white amp (he rarely used!) as a blueprint for the 1959RR and added a cascaded gain mod which Randy never used live either! :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Cryptic Night wrote:I always figured maybe he had an amp off to the side or in another room or something. A full Marshall stack like that going at the volume Randy played at would be absolute overkill for everyone in the room.

Also, I never realized there was a debate about whether or not his playing was dubbed over. The guy in the video makes it sound like there's some hot debate about it, and he's going to crack the case wide open.
Thought exactly the same thing :?