What's the backstory on this New York footage?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

What's the backstory on this New York footage?

Post by orion_damage »

https://youtu.be/QZ0cpitLMRk

I know it's been around a while but I don't know much of the origins of it. Someone on Youtube said a Albert Romano filmed it. Any idea on the master or the best version of this?

As the jackass below stated, it's obviously in New York. I'm curious about trying to track down a better generation tape.
Last edited by orion_damage on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: What's the backstory on this New York footage?

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Wasn't that released in the Box a few years back?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Wasn't that released in the Box a few years back?
That day they played two shows. The boxset has one and the YouTube link at the top is the other.

I found someone on YouTube who claims that his friend is the one that captured this footage. I messaged him just haven't received a reply. Like with most things RR, probably a dead end.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

I read years ago (probably here) that he filmed Motorhead that night in it's entirety. He was a big fan. The Ozzy segment was what was left over from his film. I read once that the reason we have that, and the Rosemont footage was through a trade that the two filmers made.
Apparently the Motorhead footage has never seen the light of day outside of the owners possession. I first got the Palladium footage on VHS tape in 1997, and it is much better quality that anything I've ever seen on youtube! I also read that the quality that the filmer has is much better than the old VHS footage in circulation.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Astral Plane wrote:I read years ago (probably here) that he filmed Motorhead that night in it's entirety. He was a big fan. The Ozzy segment was what was left over from his film. I read once that the reason we have that, and the Rosemont footage was through a trade that the two filmers made.
Apparently the Motorhead footage has never seen the light of day outside of the owners possession. I first got the Palladium footage on VHS tape in 1997, and it is much better quality that anything I've ever seen on youtube! I also read that the quality that the filmer has is much better than the old VHS footage in circulation.
Could I trouble you to post a still from the tape? Or even upload it? :D Speaking of your VHS from 97.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

I'd like to try to transfer, and upload that someday. Hopefully the quality transfers well, and it dosen't come out looking like the one posted in this thread! It's in the stack of old rock vhs tapes in the parents attic.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Astral Plane wrote:I'd like to try to transfer, and upload that someday. Hopefully the quality transfers well, and it dosen't come out looking like the one posted in this thread! It's in the stack of old rock vhs tapes in the parents attic.
If you could make me a copy I can transfer it for you. I'll supply a blank tape and pay postage. My VCR/DVD combo outputs in RGB so I could get a pretty sweet transfer.
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

I was at this show. After the 1st set we climbed the fire escape and gave the bouncer $5 and got in to see the 2nd set. 2 great shows I'll never forget.

I'd love to see a VCR/DVD copy of this show...bring back a lot of memories...
barkatozz

Post by barkatozz »

orion_damage wrote:
Astral Plane wrote:I read years ago (probably here) that he filmed Motorhead that night in it's entirety. He was a big fan. The Ozzy segment was what was left over from his film. I read once that the reason we have that, and the Rosemont footage was through a trade that the two filmers made.
Could I trouble you to post a still from the tape? Or even upload it? :D Speaking of your VHS from 97.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0cpitLMRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aHvtoYHqyc
www.myspace.com/barkatozzbass
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

barkatozz wrote:
orion_damage wrote:
Astral Plane wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aHvtoYHqyc
That one is 240p. Would love to get a vhs copy to transfer it in the highest quality possible.

For my eyes, this is the best I've found on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMHKU3TvOac
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Interesting, my VHS copy is also from 1997-98 and is also better than any of youtube versions. Quiet Riot-stuff that is on some of my old VHS-tapes are also better than most youtube, as far as concert-footage goes. Studio-clips were bit worse, but still had colours and you could actually watch it. Same goes for 1975 live videos...
Mikel
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

stealaway wrote:Interesting, my VHS copy is also from 1997-98 and is also better than any of youtube versions. Quiet Riot-stuff that is on some of my old VHS-tapes are also better than most youtube, as far as concert-footage goes. Studio-clips were bit worse, but still had colours and you could actually watch it. Same goes for 1975 live videos...
If I sent you blank tapes could you make copies for me? My VCR can transfer with RGB so the transfer would be pretty good.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Well, the thing is that I live in Spain now and my stuff is in Finland... But if you are not in immediate hurry, I can send you copies of that stuff I have on VHS. I was going to transfer them to DVD, but never got around to it. I'm going to do it however. So, if you can wait 'til july/august, I can send you the DVDs...? ☺
Mikel
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

stealaway wrote:Well, the thing is that I live in Spain now and my stuff is in Finland... But if you are not in immediate hurry, I can send you copies of that stuff I have on VHS. I was going to transfer them to DVD, but never got around to it. I'm going to do it however. So, if you can wait 'til july/august, I can send you the DVDs...? ☺
Sure thing, no rush on my end and I appreciate the gesture in advance! When you're ready let me know and I'll send you some blank DVDs. Thanks!
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

orion_damage wrote:
stealaway wrote:Interesting, my VHS copy is also from 1997-98 and is also better than any of youtube versions. Quiet Riot-stuff that is on some of my old VHS-tapes are also better than most youtube, as far as concert-footage goes. Studio-clips were bit worse, but still had colours and you could actually watch it. Same goes for 1975 live videos...
If I sent you blank tapes could you make copies for me? My VCR can transfer with RGB so the transfer would be pretty good.
Don't copy a vhs to vhs you will fuck the quality! Transfer from vhs to digital file with as little compression as possible.