The Grail is Dead...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: The Grail is Dead...

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Sky wrote:
Surely Bob would of known this before he even ventured into the idea of releasing the 'Grail tapes'. You get the fans who just want to hear the tapes for what they are. Then you get the fans who want to support that artist and buy that product. Then you get the person who just downloads everything and pays for nothing. That's the way it is, nothing is gonna change over night. I think Bob has just getting a bitter taste on this whole project and decided to shelve it. Which is a shame as so many fans had their hopes up that this would eventually be released.

Troy can you mention if the arbitrators have come to a decision on the issues with Bob and the O's releasing what they owe him ?.
I don't think any of us were aware how much sharing goes on at the beginning, it seems to have got much worse over past couple of years, whole albums are on YouTube and other sites as soon as they're released these days.
Yeah it's a shame about the grail, we all thought that the right bloke was going to get it released but it's a niche market and no one wants to lose money. Bob remains open about the project but he's busy with his music and he doesn't have time to give the grail much thought.

The arbitration thing is still pending. From my experience, everything legal seems to take ages and cost a packet.
The real shame, Sky, is that Bob has not been paid what is owed to him, and the situation has just devolved into what we've seen, thus hindering him from releasing the Grail in good will.

I feel like Bob is a good guy, and has been consistently wronged throughout the course of this whole thing. I also think it's unfair to ask him to release this stuff without compensation, obviously. While it's a shame this stuff sits on the shelf, and as I mentioned, it's not productive, I understand the reasoning by Bob, after all the shenanigans he's had to put up with. It's sad.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

@Paul Wolfe - :The Doam sessions are amazing. :lol:
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

mojopin70 wrote:@Paul Wolfe - :The Doam sessions are amazing. :lol:
How have you gotten to hear them?

Would you mind giving some sexy details on it?
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

May as well describe them to us seeing we're not going to ever get a chance to hear them for ourselves now...
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

joe • 3 months ago
Why not doing a pre-sale thing for the Holy Grail?? Why it is so hard to have something Randy related ;( its crazy!

Bob Daisley Mod joe • a month ago
I've never heard of a record company doing 'a pre-sale thing'. The company that was interested in releasing the Grail pulled-out of the deal because of the amount of 'sharing' that goes on these days. Maybe that will change, it needs to.

joe Bob Daisley • a month ago
you can't do it on your own??? Selling it directly to your fans?

Bob Daisley Mod joe • 3 days ago
That's right - I can't!
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Im with the rest of you--Bob just release the stuff out on the net and let us fans hear it--Sharon has done you wrong so many times just do this for the fans and the O's will not see a nickel off of it. Its maddening to know this grail exist and the doc film exist..
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Lespauly wrote:Im with the rest of you--Bob just release the stuff out on the net and let us fans hear it--Sharon has done you wrong so many times just do this for the fans and the O's will not see a nickel off of it. Its maddening to know this grail exist and the doc film exist..
I don't know about just releasing it all on the net. That won't happen & it would be unfair to Bob.
I'm happy with the samples & descriptions Bob put up on his site & some further samples of the Diary stuff would be most welcomed someday.
Either that or get a bootleg CD company in Japan to pay for & release the lot.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

I also see both sides, but if done the right way getting these demos out there with some narrative and stories would make Bob and Lee's contributions to both albums indisputable. Too bad it couldn't have been included with the book...the stories are all there - put on the CD while reading this chapter. I enjoyed reading For Fact's Sake immensely - the grail is the bookend to it.

The way things are, I don't know if anyone will ever see any significant money from another Ozzy / Randy era release. I love Randy with all my heart and believe in the long run he would've bested EVH in his own way, but his is a cult following at best. Now, left with the artifacts that exist, there are only stories to tell - namely HOW two of the best rock records of all-time were written and developed. People can spin yarns and tell stories, but tapes do not lie. The Grail really could put all those song-writing credits and mis-credits to rest.

Perhaps it can or will be done by Will or A Trust (legally) when the appropriate persons expire - not that we're wishing for that sort of thing...

I hope against hope that someday I'll see a post on here or elsewhere that this has leaked onto a corner of the web, but I'm not holding my breath - lest it be my last.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

I just wish I could hear it all atleast once...
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Hard to miss what we never had.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Hard to miss what we never had.
that was only true until these came out
http://bobdaisley.com/content/blizzard- ... holy-grail
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Donnie wrote:
Exactly! Haven't heard this for a while, but wow that CT solo rips! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

That first clip rocks and has a great main riff. Surprised they never made it into a song, unless they did and took a completely different form. I remember figuring it out on guitar a couple yeers ago, was fun to play.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Donnie wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I've said many times that I'd rather hear these tapes than see any footage... to me Bob's tapes would give amazing insight into the brilliance of the musicians as they create. I'd love to hear how they went from an idea to a classic masterpiece.

However, it appears that we'll never get to hear this stuff beyond these little snippets, and I'm fine with that. So I'll rephrase, I don't miss what I never had.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The saddest thing is that so much interest faded and lost its momentum when the 30th anniversary releases of Blizzard and Diary were released.

These sites did a lot to keep randy's memory alive when his family and the O's limited access to new material. My fear is that the 30th and the new materials that went with it killed off the pursuit of the grail type stuff.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.