New Pic?

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Odd to see that strap on that guitar...
5bfb8cb287da16f342144988a4712c2f.jpg
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Re: New Pic?

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Odd to see that strap on that guitar...
5bfb8cb287da16f342144988a4712c2f.jpg
Wow, awesome pic! Thanks for posting!
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Definitely Ridge Farm Studio, probably DOAM sessions.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Aye thats one out of Bob Daisley's book, funnily i asked myself the same question when i noticed the snake skin strap. Cool pic..
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Aye thats one out of Bob Daisley's book, funnily i asked myself the same question when i noticed the snake skin strap. Cool pic..
I'll have to take my book out. It's been a while and I didn't remember it. Has anyone compared the two printings? I have the first. The second was supposed to have more photos.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

I've seen this picture before - perhaps even in Bob's book. But I NEVER looked beyond Randy to see what else was in the picture. I kind of always thought it was taken at Ridge Farm, but never noticed the Timpani Drum to his left (our right). I may be wrong, but off of the top of my head I can only think of ONE BOO or DOAM song that a Timpani Drum was used in, and that was, "Revelation Mother Earth". Timpani's are usually found within a full orchestra performing classical pieces, and have a very distinct sound...just like the drum rolls played as Randy goes into the faster outro solo at the end of "Revelation". All that to say, I think this picture was taken during or after the recording of that song. But then again, perhaps they just left the drum in the middle of the room from a previous session. At the very least, perhaps we can say we saw a picture of the Timpani Drum used on "Revelation"!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

isnt this when he recieved the concord?i think i saw it on Fb a couple years ago..it had a caption that said he had just got the guitar and posed with it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The thing I like about this pic is that he just looks like a guy who plays guitar. Normal long hair, sweatshirt and jeans... absolutely nothing "rock star" about it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tito wrote:isnt this when he recieved the concord?i think i saw it on Fb a couple years ago..it had a caption that said he had just got the guitar and posed with it.
I'm not sure if Randy had the concorde delivered to the UK. Bob mentions Randy's new guitar on the same page as this photo and the date they started recording DOAM 9th February 1981.
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Randy's white Jackson actually shipped from Charvel Manufacturing in Glendora, California (the actual location of the famous San Dimas factory, which had a PO Box in San Dimas) to London on February 9, 1981 (wow, notice the same date as above, pretty cool) via air freight. The cost was $350. There is a book called "The custom guitar shop and Wayne Richard Charvel" by Frank Green. He included a copy of that invoice in the book. That alone makes the book worth it. It even has the full address that it shipped to as it appears unaltered. So, long story short, Randy would have received that guitar just in time for being able to use it on Diary.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The thing I like about this pic is that he just looks like a guy who plays guitar. Normal long hair, sweatshirt and jeans... absolutely nothing "rock star" about it.
+1
Great pic! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

RR DOAM Session.jpg
Looks to be DOAM sessions. I think his boots appear in other DOAM session pics.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

RR RDF.jpg
White Jackson is there, so, it must be DOAM sessions.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Blizzard_RidgeFarm_1980.jpeg
Blizzard_RidgeFarm_1980.jpeg (14.09 KiB) Viewed 9242 times
Appears to be from the same time.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Blizzard_RidgeFarm.jpeg