35 years later and still being remembered

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

35 years later and still being remembered

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well it's that time of year again 35 years have passed and we still remember this day. Be it for the wrong reason he died young. He left his mark and he is still remembered for that short time he was here. RIP Randy... I heard you have another guy coming to jam with you today the late Chuck Berry i'm sure he'll show you a few tasty licks.
Attachments
Randy Rhoads plaque.jpg
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Re: 35 years later and still being remembered

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Rest in peace to the virtuoso. I miss him dearly even though I'm 21.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Man.. he is almost 10 years more gone than he was alive....

Anyways have a nice Randy day everybody!
(lets celebrate his life by watching vids, listening to the great boots etc.)
Attachments
RareBlueVest_BlackJackson.jpg
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

RIP RR
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Not enough emojis to express the pure awesomeness of Randy's mark of positive influence in this world. Like a lightning bolt he came, he saw, he kicked ass.

To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Rest in peace Mr. Rhoads.
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Thanks Randy for the music and awesome playing..We Miss You man
romeorose2

Post by romeorose2 »

No one really cares about guitar players anymore really, except for other musicians. That's the way it is now. It wasn't this way though through all the years before 1995. Metalheads and Rockers/Headbangers were extremely strong in numbers all through the 70s, 80s, and first half of the 90s.... Back in those days guitar virtuoso music/hard rock was "almost" if not actually pretty mainstream. It had a huge following. Now it's more like we are a small minority instead of a big majority. Back in the day there wasn't too many kinds of music, sure you had your Pop music that a lot of preteens and idiots listened to like Backstreet Boys, and New Kid on the Block etc, and you had Country music which has always been pretty big. Rap was just really getting popular in 1990 or so. Most country/redneck type of people listened to Country. Most Blacks listened to Rap/R&B, which they don't even count anyway, never seen a lot of Blacks at Rock concerts. And you had Techno/dance music also popular in the 1990. Just saying in those years before we got oversaturated with too many music genres and too many musical options, we really only had Country, Rap/R&B, Techno, PreTeen Pop, Country, or some form of ROCK. That's 6 basic Genres. And I'd say that if you were a White man back then of the age of 17 and you weren't a redneck hick or so that most likely you listened to some form of Rock.

It was a Tradition. A way of life. A lifestyle. A religion.

People in the 70s had Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and Van Halen.

People in the 80s had Guns N Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Poison, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Whitesnake, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Ratt, Motorhead, Testament, Exodus

People in the first half of the 90s had Steve Vai, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Stone Temple Pilots

There hasn't been any "NEW" bands that's came on the scene after 1995 that's carried on the Torch of the guitar/culture/lifestyle etc that was maintained very wel during those first 25 years of music I described.

Perfect example of this, Chuck Berry died, and I didn't even know until I just read this thread. Chuck died 5 days ago, and I only find out about it because I was reading a random thread on a RR forum, that speaks volumes about the sorry pathetic state of music today. Chuck Berry was probably more influential to guitar than even Jimi Hendrix. Chuck created Rock music before Jimi even picked up a guitar.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Sorry I'm late but,I've run into a few problems with my life. In honor of our Superman,I played all studio and some bootleg tracks,cried and raised a few beers on the 19th. Where has the time gone? I posted this before but,in never showed. My Tribute.....God bless you Randy. :cry: