[The extension wma has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Two low flying buzzes was enough...

Post by orion_damage »

romeorose2 wrote:Here you go
Thanks, listening now.

Edit:

Thanks again Romeo for delivering the audio. It was a good listen and was interesting to hear from someone who was actually there.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm very surprised Mr Smalt shared any of that info especially after asking who you were. Plus i am surprised that he shared the accident photos with Peter Margolis even if he was working on behalf of the family. Was Smalt still working for the police department when this was done ?. Interesting to hear that Smalt's brother reported the plane flying low etc. Did he say he thought the plane had been stolen and taking for a joy ride ?. But even Smalt did not say if Rachael could be clearly seen to be slumped over the controls. The mention of an accident in the making was over 3 minutes long. Was he referring to how long the plane actually buzzed the bus. In relation to anyone of those passes being potentially life threatening. I believed it was the final pass when the plane was too low to clear the bus. As Don must of felt safe enough to carry on watching the plane as it flew over his head ??. Or was it the 45 degree angle of the wing which didn't have enough ground clearence for the plane to pull out of, resulting in the wing clipping the bus.. Cheers for posting that conversation up Romeo
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I'm very surprise Mr Smalt shared any of that info especially after asking who you were. Plus i am surprised that he shared the accident photos with Peter Margolis even if he was working on behalf of the family. Was Smalt still working for the police department when this was done ?. Interesting to hear that Smalt's brother reported the plane flying low etc. Did he say he thought the plane had been stolen and taking for a joy ride ?. But even Smalt did not say if Rachael could be clearly seen to be slumped over the controls. The mention of an accident in the making was over 3 minutes long. Was he referring to how long the plane actually buzzed the bus. In relation to anyone of those passes being potentially life threatening. I believed it was the final pass when the plane was too low to clear the bus. As Don must of felt safe enough to carry on watching the plane as it flew over his head ??. Or was it the 45 degree angle of the wing which was not enough ground clearence for the bus to pull out of. Which resulted in the wing clipping the bus.. Cheers for posting that conversation up Romeo
I found him to be more guarded than anything. The information he shared can be found on any RR forum so I didn't see anything he said as case sensitive. He declines to answer the body locations and made it clear he wasn't sharing any photos beyond what was given to Peter. Hearing that interview makes me just wish that one day that documentary will see the light of day.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Mr.Smalt is a Master Sheriff to this day with the department idol.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

orion_damage wrote: I found him to be more guarded than anything. The information he shared can be found on any RR forum so I didn't see anything he said as case sensitive. He declines to answer the body locations and made it clear he wasn't sharing any photos beyond what was given to Peter. Hearing that interview makes me just wish that one day that documentary will see the light of day.
Yeah he wasn't giving much away to the fan who is on the ball. I think he would of giving a bit less away if he knew the conversation was being recorded. Romeo told him the locations of the bodies, i think he was edging his bets to get something from the guy other then what we have already heard.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tito wrote:Mr.Smalt is a Master Sheriff to this day with the department idol.
I got it into my head he may of been retired. Cheers for that info Tito.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
orion_damage wrote: I found him to be more guarded than anything. The information he shared can be found on any RR forum so I didn't see anything he said as case sensitive. He declines to answer the body locations and made it clear he wasn't sharing any photos beyond what was given to Peter. Hearing that interview makes me just wish that one day that documentary will see the light of day.
Yeah he wasn't giving much away to the fan who is on the ball. I think he would of giving a bit less away if he knew the conversation was being recorded. Romeo told him the locations of the bodies, i think he was edging his bets to get something from the guy other then what we have already heard.
Yeah he definitely was, I would have been too. I wonder how the interview would have gone if Romeo would have said up front that he was conducting research on RR for a project?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Tito wrote:Mr.Smalt is a Master Sheriff to this day with the department idol.
I got it into my head he may of been retired. Cheers for that info Tito.
i stumbled on it the other day to see if he was retired and hes still very active..i wish i could remember the article.thank the ale for that one!!you got it my brother!!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

He left the police department/that field of work 2 years after the 1982 incident. He went back in 2006 to finish off his requirements for retirement benefits. I will have all this info in the thread I am doing
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:He left the police department/that field of work 2 years after the 1982 incident. He went back in 2006 to finish off his requirements for retirement benefits. I will have all this info in the thread I am doing
Looking forward to seeing your thread. How are things coming with it?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

orion_damage wrote:
Shockwave wrote:He left the police department/that field of work 2 years after the 1982 incident. He went back in 2006 to finish off his requirements for retirement benefits. I will have all this info in the thread I am doing
Looking forward to seeing your thread. How are things coming with it?
Getting there, pasted a bunch of stuff I have collected this morning into a draft herez. Realisticly we are talking probably 2-3 weekends from now until it's posted. Working on it when I have time here and there.
Wiseguy

Post by Wiseguy »

I remember speaking with a certain someone on the phone who was working on a documentary back in '08, as I was working on a website for him that never saw the light of day. We went into the crash subject and he told me that there is a lot more to it than people know, and to "just know that Sharon is pure evil". Then he asked if I had ever heard of the lady on the horse. (whom at the time I googled and read from the old Day the Music died site she was an actress who was in the area at the time of the crash)

I don't know how accurate his comments are, but it always made me think.
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

That sounds really odd to be honest....