Two low flying buzzes was enough...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Two low flying buzzes was enough...

Post by orion_damage »

magicvoice wrote:I've always wondered why there is no affidavit from Don Airey?...Ozzy, Sharon, Rudy...all who were asleep and didn't even witness it gave one...the guy taking pictures not so much?... And Ive searched the last few hours for that reproduction photo/ sketch of the bus & house but cannot find anywhere now. Could you repost Shockwave?
Here you go man.
Attachments
rr crash sketch.JPG
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:
If you look at the page we have with the reproduction photo, that is definitely a copy of the actual phoo and not a sketch. The hand sketching is everything to the right of the photo that includes the tree and bus. You can also see the right side border of the photograph. In the sky of the plane photo you can see the scan marks (poor quality back then obviously). Just looking at the sketches and the photo shows a huge difference in quality, any 10 year old can draw better than that lol. The plane photo has tons of detail and perfect uniformity. If you look at the small tree at the bottom left as well you see a white line cutting the tree in half,along with some or the normal scanning weirdness. All tell tale signs that it wa scanned.

Agreed, that's absolutely a copy of an actual photo.
Attachments
rr crash sketch.JPG
romeorose2

Post by romeorose2 »

I will send yall a link to the old phone recording of me and mike smalt later tonight
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

romeorose2 wrote:I will send yall a link to the old phone recording of me and mike smalt later tonight
Very much appreciated, thanks Romeo
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:OK i picked up the RR book by Klein and Rosen last night to refresh what is in that chapter, before i say anything else. If you want to slag the book before reading it, so be it. The book does have some great reading and info and the photos are awesome... (if you can forward that cheque Andrew). Looking at this chapter on the accident i have had my memory refreshed. On the autopsy of Rachel she'd had a heart attack. This was some thing i'd always thought to have been Chinese whispers. Plus Aycock was told before going up with Randy and Rachel to fly sensibly because of her heart condition. So WHY did he decide to fly like a stunt pilot knowing she had a dodgy ticker ?. The young woman who was out on her horse that morning Mary Morrison she said that the people on board could be seen clearly and she could remember the colour of their clothes. So the visibility that day was good enough to recognise the passengers on board. So all the talk of Don not being able to see what was going on inside of the cockpit. The plane was recorded as being as close as 15ft off the ground. But could you see any drama with the plane travelling at speed to notice passengers moviing about etc. Or was this speculation when prompted by the police when interviewed. " did you see if the passengers were seated, standing etc". Plus he'd captured that last swoop towards them with his camera, so it would of been caught in freeze frame. But was this enough to make a conclusion to seeing a slumped Rachel on the controls. Mary Morrison did say in her interview that the plane dipped then assended as it clipped the bus, if it had carried on in that direction the plane would of most definately crashed into the bus.
Mike Smalt was very professional when he arrived on the scene and made the area secure for the arriving emergency services. While accounting for everyones safety and making sure no one was still in the adjoining house. A deaf guy was removed from the kitchen who was drinking coffee and never heard the impact or carnage going on outside. Smalt noticed 2 bodies outside of the building below the window under the remains of the snapped tree and debri. These were Randy and Rachel, another body was on top of the left hand vehicle inside of the garage recognised to be Andy Aycock. At no point does Smalt say this was more then an accident. His theories to how the accident happened are down to the pilots erratic behaviour. This was later explained by Wanda Aycock who was also a fully licened trained pilot. Plus she later goes on to say that she was looking forward to them having a much better life together, so the theory of Andy wanting to snuff her out is ruled out. So the theory is a bit of a mystery to why he was flying in such a crazy mad cap moment. Plus the previous flight was described as a single loop flight round the airport, no mention of swooping the bus etc. Andy landed and taxied up for his next passengers. The mention of watching Pearl Harbour and talking on the bus the night before about kamikaze pilots etc. Was this mentioned to Andy during the flight for him to say ..." What are you requesting Randy, something like this...Woooshhh.. ? !" That could be questioned to his flying antics especially if Rachel was enjoying the flight leading up to this point.
I just realised those colour photos Tom posted up of the firemen looking around the crash site etc are in this book including other pics from the crash. Those pics do bring home the horror of the accident as the flames are snuffed out with lives etc. I still find it hard to think what was going through the guys heads who witnessed this unfolding...Tragic!!.
Wow...great post! Thank you for pulling everything together. I also have that book and treasure it despite all the drama behind it. Damn I wish for a great movie about Randy. Why does his legacy have to be reduced to this bullshit???
Attachments
image.jpeg
(52.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

thanks for posting the pic Orion, much appreciated!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

magicvoice wrote:thanks for posting the pic Orion, much appreciated!
Sure thing broskie!
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Sorry I've been away everyone - (some serious personal problems) but,I would like to chime in on this. Randy's death did some serious damage to me that effects me to date. Never knew him or the family personally but,I (as of most of us) took his death very,very hard. My wife/family never understood (my mother did on her deathbed - cancer took her - she promised to hug/tell Randy on the other side my/our feelings about him). 1 thing about all this i hated was the stupid rumor he was alive but,died on the way to hospital - shoot whomever said that. I had a lot info on that tragic day Friday,March,19,1982 but have since lost it all. No new insight to the tragic event. My apologies but read on and it is graphic.....

Randy's left hand/wrist was never found and he was burned over 90% of his body. All hair gone,crushed ribs...ect - he felt no pain and it was instant. Rachel and Andrew were in a similar state but sadly it took over 3 hours before the investigation/help arrived. Yes,Ozzy did help (with Tommy) the deaf older gentleman out of the house and Tommy ditched the cocaine (not 100 % truthful but more likely) and Sharon beat Jake Duncan with her shoe/spit on him as he cried.

Not 100 % verified but,what I read/know of the event to include in the topic. I had the autopsy report for year's (morbid,I know). Out of all this tragic story/event....I took away not an accident,safety/security/judgement was thrown out the window and it was instant - no suffering other than those whom witnessed it/family/friends/fans whom it took part of them that tragic morning in Leesburg,Florida. My apologies if I offended anyone. I still breakdown and cry big time like it was yesterday. I never got over the loss. Ozzy really hurts and misses him big time - more apparent these days due to Jack's interest/pissing off Sharon and being a fan. He knows we deserve more and is trying.

Wow,I'm such an ass to chime in on Christmas morning/day. Sucks being poor and my fate isn't in my hands. God bless you all. Personal message in the right section of the forum forth coming.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i read the same report Pcm..i had forgot about it till you mentioned it..good to see you again..take care brother!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

romeorose2 wrote:I will send yall a link to the old phone recording of me and mike smalt later tonight
Romeo, any update on this?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

orion_damage wrote:
Romeo, any update on this?
+1

Really want to include this on the thread I am going to post.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

P C M wrote:Sorry I've been away everyone - (some serious personal problems) but,I would like to chime in on this. Randy's death did some serious damage to me that effects me to date. Never knew him or the family personally but,I (as of most of us) took his death very,very hard. My wife/family never understood (my mother did on her deathbed - cancer took her - she promised to hug/tell Randy on the other side my/our feelings about him). 1 thing about all this i hated was the stupid rumor he was alive but,died on the way to hospital - shoot whomever said that. I had a lot info on that tragic day Friday,March,19,1982 but have since lost it all. No new insight to the tragic event. My apologies but read on and it is graphic.....

Randy's left hand/wrist was never found and he was burned over 90% of his body. All hair gone,crushed ribs...ect - he felt no pain and it was instant. Rachel and Andrew were in a similar state but sadly it took over 3 hours before the investigation/help arrived. Yes,Ozzy did help (with Tommy) the deaf older gentleman out of the house and Tommy ditched the cocaine (not 100 % truthful but more likely) and Sharon beat Jake Duncan with her shoe/spit on him as he cried.

Not 100 % verified but,what I read/know of the event to include in the topic. I had the autopsy report for year's (morbid,I know). Out of all this tragic story/event....I took away not an accident,safety/security/judgement was thrown out the window and it was instant - no suffering other than those whom witnessed it/family/friends/fans whom it took part of them that tragic morning in Leesburg,Florida. My apologies if I offended anyone. I still breakdown and cry big time like it was yesterday. I never got over the loss. Ozzy really hurts and misses him big time - more apparent these days due to Jack's interest/pissing off Sharon and being a fan. He knows we deserve more and is trying.

Wow,I'm such an ass to chime in on Christmas morning/day. Sucks being poor and my fate isn't in my hands. God bless you all. Personal message in the right section of the forum forth coming.
The autopsy report states that his RIGHT hand was missing and his RR ring was still on his left hand.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

orion_damage wrote:
I tend to believe it was purely a freak accident and nothing malicious. What happened inside? Who knows. Has Don Airey given a more in-depth interview where he discusses what he saw?
This was part of Don's evidence statement from the time.

This writer met with a white male named Donald Airey Smith who identified himself as being one of the occupants in the Greyhound type motor home bus, at the time when the plane crashed. Mr. Airey told this writer that he and four other people were on the bus and that Mr. Andrew Aycock, a white male, Mr. Randall Rhoads, a white male, and Mrs. Rachel Youngblood, a black female, were riding in a plane and Mr. Aycock was flying the plane, and Mr. Aycock circled the airport three times and on the fourth pass Mr. Aycock was coming from a northerly direction to a southerly direction and the plane was flying below the tree tops. Mr. Airey continued saying that he observed the plane hit the bus and then the plane went over the top of the bus and hit a pine tree and then go into the garage area of the house. Mr. Airey told this writer that the pilot was driving the bus for the Ozzy Osbourne Band for over 24 hours straight and that he was not drinking before he started flying the plane. This writer also talked to three other eye witnesses that said they observed the plane circle the airport several times at a very low tree top level and then they heard the crash and explosion. Mr. Airey told this writer that there were five occupants of the band in the bus at the time of impact and the bus was moved away from the fire immediately after the impact. This writer was advised by Zeb Treter, a property owner at the Flying Baron Estates, that the plane that crashed was a Beechcraft Bonanza, model 35 - single engine, and that he did not know exactly who owned the plane. This writer also was advised that Mr. Calhoun, owner of the two story house that the plane crashed into, was out of state in Detroit, Michigan on business.
romeorose2

Post by romeorose2 »

Been busy with holidays, but I will upload the interview tonight for sure