Weird but Interesting thing I noticed

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Weird but Interesting thing I noticed

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

What's up everybody? Hope you've all been well. So, first off I gotta say I hadn't been listening to Randy much in the past few months but recently got on a high listening to Tribute and started binge watching his videos on youtube. Anyway after being away for a while and sort of coming back with fresh eyes I noticed something about Randy. First, obviously Randy was a very thin man. However as I really payed attention to pictures, he would look very thin in some while in after hours he is not big, but pretty muscular looking. Makes me think he bulked up when he knew he was going to be on camera. Because if you look at the two on the town, ET and Rock report, he looks, again not big but pretty fit and strong as he looked in AH. If you were to look at pictures of randy when he first got to england and just started working with ozzy and bob, he is incredibly thin during that time. meaning he probably wasn't overly concerned with eating enough or excercising enough. As bob's book said randy could not run one block because of his smoking when he first arrived to england. This is just a thought, but it makes some sense. As a thinner guy I know how fast 10-15 pounds can come and go if you work and slack. Also, Randy looked stronger in the DOTG pics 8) :lol: :roll:
I went ahead and rode the white horse
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Weird but Interesting thing I noticed

Post by orion_damage »

Interesting, I've always just thought he looked really skinny/lean. Never really noticed any change in his body.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

The camera adds 10lbs. Or so I've been told.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I think it's just the camera angles and in our minds. Randy may have looked bigger even if he lost weight since since he would look more toned. A guy of his weight with 3-4 bs lost would be a huge difference in his look. This being said with him playing concerts and running around like a madman he probably lost 2-3lbs in water every show depending on ambient conditions and that would make a huge difference in looks.

I could see it going either way though, weight lost or weight gained. I am not sure how active Randy was while at home and with quiet riot but I'm sure he was more active with ozzy. Sure they spent time on the bus but he got around a lot more and played shows seemingly 5 days a week. Once he joined ozzy he started eating out every night as well so that's something to consider.

Overall though I don't notice a huge difference from 8
1980-1981. He just looks a little more mature with his body composition...or maybe he was truly turning into a guitar god and that's it :)