Bob Daisley sues Ozzy over royalties

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

leftyaxeman

Bob Daisley sues Ozzy over royalties

Post by leftyaxeman »

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2744484

I wonder if the Rhoads family has been short-changed also. Probably so. It's how the Osbournes roll. As if they don't have enough $.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Bob Daisley sues Ozzy over royalties

Post by Shockwave »

Well this won't help the release of the Grail most likely.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well i'm sure he has his priorities in order...how much is the Holy Grail worth as a released set ?. I'm sure he'd rather have the $2 million and stuff the Grail. But according to his entourage, he doesn't need the O$'s permission to release the Grail.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Hopefully this just speeds up the process of getting the Grail released. We ain't getting any younger...
Best of luck to Bob with the new suit. I'm sure he wouldn't be putting himself through this again unless he feels he has a great chance of getting what he deserves.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

leftyaxeman wrote:I wonder if the Rhoads family has been short-changed also. Probably so.
Yes, Randy's mother sued the O's as well.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

"We would have hoped that after 36 years that Mr. Daisley would have lost his unhealthy personal obsession and resentment towards Mr. Osbourne’s success."

I get that Bob is looking for what he is owed and I have no problem with his legal pursuit. It would be nice though if, from time to time, Bob's name were in the press for something other than being upset with Ozzy.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The royalties have not been paid in full for a long time. Looks like the O's have not been giving him his full cut. So over time this has mounted up to what he is going to court to win back. I would think the O's will have good solicitors involved. 9/10 money talks and shit walks.. So i hope he has a good set of people to defend him. If not, this could cost him in the long run..
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Thanks! That answered questions I had.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Good read

As far as where the songs where used for profit, such as in commercials, games or whatever else. Does anyone know how much they get for something like that? Like for example Crazy Train, that song pops up in a commercial at least once a year, is it one lump sum they pay for or also every time the commercial plays? I imagine someone at the television networks is assigned to this job and keeps track of how many times something is played and then reports weekly or monthly to some repressing firm. Same goes for radio, does someone at the radio stations keep track of what's played and report it the same way? I would guess that world wide crazy train is probably played around 1000 times a day or more. If the radio station plays it do they pay per play and is the rate different for every song? Must be a nightmare to manage and so forth, would be interesting to see how it all works.

I guess I'll do a google search after all that ;)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Anyone know the latest on this Daisley V's O$'s for the $$$$$ is it still on.......going ?
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Shaun, I would imagine it's been bogged down by adjournments and the like. I very much doubt this will even get to trial.

I don't blame Bob whatsoever though. Most people who talk to him realize that he's a genuine guy.