Supposed to be new footage....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

leftyaxeman

Supposed to be new footage....

Post by leftyaxeman »

I've seen sections of this 3:00 minute clip, but some of it was new to me. Let me know what you think.
http://societyofrock.com/nearly-35-year ... -surfaces/
shawn
Cool Member

Re: Supposed to be new footage....

Post by shawn »

Thank you!

There has to be even more footage, that is what I keep telling myself anyway.
meadsie

Post by meadsie »

That certainly is the best quality I have seen it it - 720p on you tube.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Can't wait for some actual new footage to come out. I have that footage on a VHS tape I got years ago. Mine doesn't have that tracking issue in the middle of the clip.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

leftyaxeman wrote:I've seen sections of this 3:00 minute clip, but some of it was new to me. Let me know what you think.
http://societyofrock.com/nearly-35-year ... -surfaces/
Seen it all but the quality seems a little better than other clips on yt and it's nice to have all that good footage in one clip. So thnx! 8)

Little of topic but by above clip I stumped on this funny one from Paul Gilbert about replacing Randy: SCARIFIED - Episode 6: REPLACING RANDY RHOADS :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

I agree with the others & must say that this is the best quality version of the old Entertainment Tonight footage I've seen. Yes the whole unedited footage does exist - Peter M. found it while digging up stuff for the failed doco BUT unfortunately it's now all in the hands of Dakota Pictures :(
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

barossadude wrote:I agree with the others & must say that this is the best quality version of the old Entertainment Tonight footage I've seen. Yes the whole unedited footage does exist - Peter M. found it while digging up stuff for the failed doco BUT unfortunately it's now all in the hands of Dakota Pictures :(
When was the footage for ET shot?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

orion_damage wrote:
barossadude wrote:I agree with the others & must say that this is the best quality version of the old Entertainment Tonight footage I've seen. Yes the whole unedited footage does exist - Peter M. found it while digging up stuff for the failed doco BUT unfortunately it's now all in the hands of Dakota Pictures :(
When was the footage for ET shot?
I believe it was the week leading up to opening night of the USA diary tour before 12/30 1981. I want to say a couple days before. Can't remember where it was filmed, it could have very well been the cow palace or in Los Angeles on or before the 31st, the only reason I say that is because i vaguely recall the cow palace being a "B" show they wouldn't have had the stage setup.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Shockwave wrote:Can't remember where it was filmed, it could have very well been the cow palace or in Los Angeles on or before the 31st
Te Entertainment Tonight/Rock Report/Two on the Town footage was shot while the band was conducting full stage rehearsals at the Francis Ford Coppola’s Zoetrope Studios in Hollywood back in december '81.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hey i'm surprised at the lack of interest on here....It must cost more to put the lights on...Come on people kick off a discussion of some kind... Or even dig out an old thread out the archives....zzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzz!!!!!
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Hey i'm surprised at the lack of interest on here....It must cost more to put the lights on...Come on people kick off a discussion of some kind... Or even dig out an old thread out the archives....zzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzz!!!!!

In the new footage why do the soundboards sound so bad ??

It seems like the only concerts that sound crystal clear are Southampton and the tribute with a partial exception that is the Montreal flower hour,

Who ever miced Randy's cab didn't do as good of a job, every soundboard besides the ones I have mentioned have a thin non raw amp tone sound, not to mention that the keyboards Are very overpowering on a lot of soundboards
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That's down to the FOH PA if you notice Randy would only have one cab miced up.. So the general mix would be drums keyboards, vocals, bass and lead guitar.. i know Randy would always mention after a gig to fans what was the sound like etc..Plus his 4X12 ended up as side fill monitors with the diary stage. So the majority of the FOH sounmd was probably poor at best...
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Yeah I have seen most of that before. It's definitely in better condition though. Thanks.