Port Vale Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

tedeeoo
Madman

Port Vale Footage

Post by tedeeoo »

Hey everybody, its been a long while since I've been here, hope you are all doing well. I was just wondering if any of you have seen the footage from Heavy Metal Holocaust in Port Vale that is up on youtube. There is no audio, but there is maybe a minute of silent footage with Ozzy and Randy (not great quality). I know it would be better with audio, but I thought it was pretty cool to see anyway.

Good to be here again,
Ted
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Port Vale Footage

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

tedeeoo wrote:Hey everybody, its been a long while since I've been here, hope you are all doing well. I was just wondering if any of you have seen the footage from Heavy Metal Holocaust in Port Vale that is up on youtube. There is no audio, but there is maybe a minute of silent footage with Ozzy and Randy (not great quality). I know it would be better with audio, but I thought it was pretty cool to see anyway.

Good to be here again,
Ted
Hey Ted! Just checked this out. Yeah, the footage is pretty bad quality, but still neat to see a snippet nonetheless. It's just very blurry and jittery. Man, how great would it be for some better footage from this show to surface? Hell, footage from ANY show to surface?
TWAPILOT

Post by TWAPILOT »

I just found this...

http://norest4thecollectors.x10hosting.com/?cat=13

There is audio on this video. You can see Randy around the 4:00 mark for a few seconds. Sorry if this has been posted before.
On an adventure of faith...
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

Got the fucking chills at the 4:00 mark!
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Browsing through that site listed above it gives me chills listening to that early version of Steal Away the night. It is wrong that I like the early version with the new riffs better than the final cut??
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah it was me who found that footage back in 2014. This is the link when the news was still fresh viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8687
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

TAB wrote:GI you get a lolly for that :wink:
Cheers Tom i just wish all leads to footage would turn around as quickly as that one did. I recently passed a copy of this onto Motorhead's Fast Eddie he said it was a great fitting tribute to Phil Taylor and Lemmy. The footage on the original carries on for another 10 minutes with Live scenes of Philthy Animal being filmed from behind his drumkit and from the wings looking out into the crowd...It's just a shame that Colin didn't do the same while shooting the Ozzy footage. But it captures the atmosphere of the gig and the sound is good for an 8mm recording.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

This post was to trick to get you click this thread after coming to the forum for the last 10+ days and seeing the last post as being from June 29th.