Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Re: Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Brian_D wrote:did Ozzy ever play the Capital Centre in Landover, MD?
According our current knowledge they didn't. See Randy Rhoads on tour 1973 - 1982
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

If you think about it...There is plenty of Van Halen footage with varying qualities from 78-present, it boggle the mind that the Ozzy/Rhoads camera were not rolling...Just doesn't past the litmus test.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

devorerd wrote:If you think about it...There is plenty of Van Halen footage with varying qualities from 78-present, it boggle the mind that the Ozzy/Rhoads camera were not rolling...Just doesn't past the litmus test.
The same thing with all the KISS footage that's out there. Regardless if Ozzy's management decided to buy the footage or not, there would have been shows that were filmed at various venues. Hopefully someone saved them so we can see something else in our lifetime...
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Brian_D wrote:did Ozzy ever play the Capital Centre in Landover, MD?
According our current knowledge they didn't. See Randy Rhoads on tour 1973 - 1982
Dammit... I was hoping that might pan out. IIRC, it seems like the Capital Centre had its own in-house filming system. In the VH '82 footage, there's a Capital Centre logo screen that comes on before the show starts...just a blue background with "Capital Centre" on it in yellow...that I'm sure was added by the venue. I figured if Oz played there, there'd likely be a copy somewhere...
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

alborg wrote:
devorerd wrote:If you think about it...There is plenty of Van Halen footage with varying qualities from 78-present, it boggle the mind that the Ozzy/Rhoads camera were not rolling...Just doesn't past the litmus test.
The same thing with all the KISS footage that's out there. Regardless if Ozzy's management decided to buy the footage or not, there would have been shows that were filmed at various venues. Hopefully someone saved them so we can see something else in our lifetime...
I agree. I was a kid at the time and I remember how much notoriety Ozzy had for his crazy antics during this time period. Bigger than life urban legend shit, with the bat stuff, and rumors of him killing goats onstage and throwing blood and guts into the audience. I know none of that was true outside the one bat incident, but I can't imagine that more people weren't motivated to try to capture whatever might happen.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

hmmmm KISS was HUGE, so footage of them makes perfect sense.

Ozzy & company had plans for a big pro-shot show, unfortunately Randy died before the date of the show...

It's really not a mystery that there isn't more footage. There was a plan for it, but fate got in the way. Sharon likes to control things, right? So she made arrangements to have film done on her terms - After Hours and Speak of the Devil. I'm sure anything else is under her control as well.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Either way it sounds promising that there are at least 2-3 in house venue full concert Video recordings, pheonix brothers footage, and lastly the ET footage.

This doesn't even include other things that haven't been talked about/rumored yet. Something seems to pop up at least once a year no matter how small.
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

Well...this is interesting. I wonder how this shakes out now for the unreleased stuff Oz is sitting on...?

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/sharon- ... 00304.html
notkrap

Post by notkrap »

Any update of the footage? Maybe somebody could get a message on social media to Sharon, Jack or somebody who'd know?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

notkrap wrote:Any update of the footage? Maybe somebody could get a message on social media to Sharon, Jack or somebody who'd know?

Last I heard of the footage is that it was going to be shown to us all in a small a theater.

;)
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Shockwave wrote:
notkrap wrote:Any update of the footage? Maybe somebody could get a message on social media to Sharon, Jack or somebody who'd know?

Last I heard of the footage is that it was going to be shown to us all in a small a theater.

;)
Ah yes, good old Wareagle...those were the days.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I knew in some way that something must have happened for Sharon to hate John Scher and not work something out regarding this footage. No doubt Sharon doesn't want to give this guy any money and it all likely stems from this incident I just read.
Black Sabbath singer Ozzy Osbourne’s wife, and also manager, Sharon Osbourne spoke in a recent interview with Celebrity Access, and revealed a story about the money issues that they have faced in early years of Ozzy’s solo career.

She admitted that they needed the settlement money because that’s how they moved on from one gig to another.

Interviewer asked:

“Is it true that you kneed Metropolitan Talent’s promoter John Scher backstage?”

After that question, Sharon has revealed their desperate money issues unconsciously. Here’s what she said:

“Yeah, and whacked him around the head. He tried to do the dirty on Ozzy and I. We needed the (settlement) money because that’s how we moved on from one gig to another. Everything was cash in those days. Everything. And we had sold out the gig months in advance.

Then we got there, and I am doing the settlement, and he gives me all of these advertising bills. I’m like, ‘We sold out. We sold out the first day. Why do I have all of these advertising bills?’ I was then told, ‘Well, once it (an advertisement) is booked, you can’t cancel them.’ I was like, ‘Fuck off.’”
https://metalheadzone.com/ozzy-osbourne ... fe-sharon/
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

joediesle wrote:I was at the show in April 81'..I lived in Clifton, NJ at that time it's the next town over. Had third row seats, there was a camera to the right side of the stage but I didn't see anyone working it.

No need to work it, they put an X where Rudy would stand and all cameras were set it and forget it on that spot! :D
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

Shockwave wrote:
joediesle wrote:I was at the show in April 81'..I lived in Clifton, NJ at that time it's the next town over. Had third row seats, there was a camera to the right side of the stage but I didn't see anyone working it.

No need to work it, they put an X where Rudy would stand and all cameras were set it and forget it on that spot! :D
I have been depressed all day but this gave me a good laugh thanks...
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Shockwave wrote:I knew in some way that something must have happened for Sharon to hate John Scher and not work something out regarding this footage. No doubt Sharon doesn't want to give this guy any money and it all likely stems from this incident I just read.
Black Sabbath singer Ozzy Osbourne’s wife, and also manager, Sharon Osbourne spoke in a recent interview with Celebrity Access, and revealed a story about the money issues that they have faced in early years of Ozzy’s solo career.

She admitted that they needed the settlement money because that’s how they moved on from one gig to another.

Interviewer asked:

“Is it true that you kneed Metropolitan Talent’s promoter John Scher backstage?”

After that question, Sharon has revealed their desperate money issues unconsciously. Here’s what she said:

“Yeah, and whacked him around the head. He tried to do the dirty on Ozzy and I. We needed the (settlement) money because that’s how we moved on from one gig to another. Everything was cash in those days. Everything. And we had sold out the gig months in advance.

Then we got there, and I am doing the settlement, and he gives me all of these advertising bills. I’m like, ‘We sold out. We sold out the first day. Why do I have all of these advertising bills?’ I was then told, ‘Well, once it (an advertisement) is booked, you can’t cancel them.’ I was like, ‘Fuck off.’”
https://metalheadzone.com/ozzy-osbourne ... fe-sharon/
if this is accurate then she is 100% right ... good for her at this time (what she has done later on is shit but not this)