Interesting info about a RR un-released jam track

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Interesting info about a RR un-released jam track

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You probably seen my post about the sad news of the passing of the guitarist John Thomas. I was trying to find some more info on how he died. While that came up with very little news i did find this interesting interview from Budgie's singer Burke Shelley.

http://bravewords.com/news/budgie-mainm ... ndy-rhoads

"He was a great guitarist with great style and technique and he had a big sound at the time, and it was great, plus he was a good laugh," says Shelley reminiscing. "I think you probably know this, but maybe you don't, but he got ill and had a stroke, and that's why he had to leave. It became impossible for him to play the way he used to. And I'm seeing him soon, actually, John, but an awful time really, and it's hard for him, and it was hard for me. But that's the way things turned out. That's like again, isn't it? But John is a great guitarist. He's just been over in Los Angeles with OZZY, because, you know, when John was in the band, and we were touring with Ozzy, and John was big friends with Randy Rhoads. And Randy used to stay up at his place in Birmingham and all that, and they were mates, it's all about guitars, isn't it (laughs). They were guitar mad, weren't they? And they were good friends, and they even messed around and taped a few things together. So Ozzy wanted to check the tapes out, so John went over a couple weeks back to Ozzy's, because Ozzy wants first shout on the tapes if Randy is on them (laughs). And they wrote a song or two, I think, apparently, and Sharon had gotten a bit cheesed off because John got Ozzy inebriated, which is, oh, that can't be odd (laughs). But you know, Ozzy's great too. It was great having John in the band, it was very sad the way it finished with John. But as a guitarist, he was spot on."
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Interesting info about a RR un-released jam track

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:You probably seen my post about the sad news of the passing of the guitarist John Thomas. I was trying to find some more info on how he died. While that came up with very little news i did find this interesting interview from Budgie's singer Burke Shelley.

http://bravewords.com/news/budgie-mainm ... ndy-rhoads

"He was a great guitarist with great style and technique and he had a big sound at the time, and it was great, plus he was a good laugh," says Shelley reminiscing. "I think you probably know this, but maybe you don't, but he got ill and had a stroke, and that's why he had to leave. It became impossible for him to play the way he used to. And I'm seeing him soon, actually, John, but an awful time really, and it's hard for him, and it was hard for me. But that's the way things turned out. That's like again, isn't it? But John is a great guitarist. He's just been over in Los Angeles with OZZY, because, you know, when John was in the band, and we were touring with Ozzy, and John was big friends with Randy Rhoads. And Randy used to stay up at his place in Birmingham and all that, and they were mates, it's all about guitars, isn't it (laughs). They were guitar mad, weren't they? And they were good friends, and they even messed around and taped a few things together. So Ozzy wanted to check the tapes out, so John went over a couple weeks back to Ozzy's, because Ozzy wants first shout on the tapes if Randy is on them (laughs). And they wrote a song or two, I think, apparently, and Sharon had gotten a bit cheesed off because John got Ozzy inebriated, which is, oh, that can't be odd (laughs). But you know, Ozzy's great too. It was great having John in the band, it was very sad the way it finished with John. But as a guitarist, he was spot on."
This is very interesting to know. And to me evidence the O´s are (silently) after Randy material to collect for future purpose. I feel soon or later they will come up with new Randy audio/footage.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

fdgsdf
Last edited by TAB on Sat May 28, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm on the thinking of having it to be included into a package. Very much like the Blizard & Dairy anniversary package. Adding a gem like this will create sales instead of another old release being issued in a nice box with extras etc.. Plus when Ozzy is retired it's a project to create cash.. even $haron will get to an age when she's old and beyond the interest of being a TV presenter. This was the same story with what happened with the Grail tapes..But it is in the hands of John Thomas's widow or has it already been handed over ?.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

its a pissy pot coddy wallop
Last edited by TAB on Sat May 28, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Nah, Ozzy is winding down now, clearly he is done with Sabbath. Anything Rhoads related that was going to be released would've been released a long long time ago besides she doesn't have anything to release worth while anyway that much is obvious. It's not like she needs the money either.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

mojopin70 wrote:Nah, Ozzy is winding down now, clearly he is done with Sabbath. Anything Rhoads related that was going to be released would've been released a long long time ago besides she doesn't have anything to release worth while anyway that much is obvious. It's not like she needs the money either.
That's where you are wrong, the 2012 box set was proven to include the south Hampton soundboards but we got the New York tapes instead that they re synced to the fan shot footage. There are endless soundboards out there that the osbournes have, bob has 1 from the blizzard tour, tommy has a whole box full of tapes and the osbournes gave brad a few tapes to study for the speak of the devil tour.

Even if very few pices of footage are left audio goes a long way and I would love south Hampton to hear how Randy's improvisons back in the early days stack up to the later days of the diary tour
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

They did release Southampton in the boxset, The Southampton suicide solution solo.
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????