Finally got the 1982 Guitar World with Randy!

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Finally got the 1982 Guitar World with Randy!

Post by orion_damage »

I've been actively looking for the 82 Guitar World featuring Randy for the past year and it never pops up on eBay. The only copies I had seen sold for $30 to $40 and all places were out of stock. So the other night I'm casually browsing Randy stuff on eBay and finally scored the magazine for $7 shipped! Looks to be in great condition too, can't wait to get it here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371516460996?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I've read that the magazine came out shortly before Randy's passing. Is that true?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Finally got the 1982 Guitar World with Randy!

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I thought this was going to be the one with Randy on the front cover but that one came out in November 82 Guitar Player magazine.. I don't think i've seen this one, any chance you can scan the pages and post up the tex dude.. Nice find and a good price. I've posted up a few magazine article on here but over time the photos have expired with the photo hosting posts from imageshack.. Do you collect RR memorabilia i've been doing this for long time now and have loads of stuff stashed away..I'll have to dig out my boxes and have a rummage and post up some articles to try and put some spark back into this place. Cheers for posting Orion ;-)
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I thought this was going to be the one with Randy on the front cover but that one came out in November 82 Guitar Player magazine.. I don't think i've seen this one, any chance you can scan the pages and post up the tex dude.. Nice find and a good price. I've posted up a few magazine article on here but over time the photos have expired with the photo hosting posts from imageshack.. Do you collect RR memorabilia i've been doing this for long time now and have loads of stuff stashed away..I'll have to dig out my boxes and have a rummage and post up some articles to try and put some spark back into this place. Cheers for posting Orion ;-)
Sure thing, I should have the magazine early next week. I'll throw up some scans ASAP for everyone to enjoy. Aside from the standard magazines, books and bootlegs I don't have much else. I want to though, especially a legit autograph. Did you see the eBay listing a couple months back that was for a used RR pic? I was curious if that were real, went for over $300 if I remember right.

I would love to see what you have!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

orion_damage wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I thought this was going to be the one with Randy on the front cover but that one came out in November 82 Guitar Player magazine.. I don't think i've seen this one, any chance you can scan the pages and post up the tex dude.. Nice find and a good price. I've posted up a few magazine article on here but over time the photos have expired with the photo hosting posts from imageshack.. Do you collect RR memorabilia i've been doing this for long time now and have loads of stuff stashed away..I'll have to dig out my boxes and have a rummage and post up some articles to try and put some spark back into this place. Cheers for posting Orion ;-)
Sure thing, I should have the magazine early next week. I'll throw up some scans ASAP for everyone to enjoy. Aside from the standard magazines, books and bootlegs I don't have much else. I want to though, especially a legit autograph. Did you see the eBay listing a couple months back that was for a used RR pic? I was curious if that were real, went for over $300 if I remember right.

Orion Did you managed to get your Guitar Player mag ?... Could you post up the pages to stir some interest please.. You may give me the inspiration to dig out my mags and post up some articles etc. Cheers
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

That's a great pickup! It's such a shame that this section of the board is so dead. I would love to see some articles.

I never saw the guitar pic.. is there a link? Did Randy ever have custom guitar pics? Why do I seem to think he played Fender Mediums?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Because that is what he used Fender Mediums...i started a thread with photos of Randy's picks on his mic stands etc. All these signature picks you see on ebay and other media sites are BS. He never had a signature pick, well not until he died then some memorial picks got made and handed out at the cemetry on his remembrance for both his birthday and memorial.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
orion_damage wrote:

Orion Did you managed to get your Guitar Player mag ?... Could you post up the pages to stir some interest please.. You may give me the inspiration to dig out my mags and post up some articles etc. Cheers

Yeah I did and I'll post some pics later today or in the morning. I won't be able to scan the pages but I'm sure I can snap good enough pictures.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Fawk forgot to take pictures, I will tonight though.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I don't have access to a scanner but I figure these pictures should do. Enjoy!

Oh and it starts from the bottom to the top, that's every page RR was featured in.

I read that this actually came out days before his death? Can anyone confirm? I know at this time Guitar World was only printing 6 issues a year so it's possible. Obviously it was written while he was still with us.
Attachments
20160128_072306.jpg
20160128_072249.jpg
20160128_072236.jpg
20160128_072223.jpg
20160128_072210.jpg
20160128_072122.jpg
20160128_072104.jpg
20160128_072035.jpg
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I still have that one...must give it a read again
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers for posting those pages up. That's one guitar that has been mentioned as far back as Setember 1980 the SG. But no photos of it ever turn up and for it to be with Randy for so long it was never seen being used. Is this the very same SG as described in this interview TV model, SG shaped Les Paul with gold pick ups and a Rigsby tail piece ???.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4389&hilit=dickies+guitar
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I love this... May of '82... it is after Bob & Lee have been replaced by Tommy and Rudy, Ozzy is getting more famous by the week and look at the name of Randy's band:
20160128_072035 (2).jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Just under a year ago these pages from that Guitar World magazine got posted up on here. They have been viewed 3288 times in just under a year. Thats good going for a forum that has little or no activity. Just a pity in the last year those amount of people hitting on those pages didn't have the time to comment or thank Orion for posting the mag up.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Wow I totally forgot about this. I agree, I think of people showed appreciation to those that share it may help the productivity around here.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Just a pity in the last year those amount of people hitting on those pages didn't have the time to comment or thank Orion for posting the mag up.
Couldn't agree more.