strontium90

Lemmy dies at age 70..

Post by strontium90 »

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lemmy dies at age 70..

Post by Trigger »

I always had a soft spot for Lemmy, and we lose another link to randy.

Very sad as we lost filthy Phil a few weeks ago.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Only got to see Motörhead once many years ago, some ejit managed to climb the PA stack to the right of the stage. One of my mates said his ears were ringing for two days. An awesome night.

Currently blasting Dogs from the Rock N Roll album and having a beer at one in the morning.

Ah Lemmy you Loud bastard.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I went to see Motorhead with Skezza back in 2009 we hung around the stage door and got speaking to a guy called Alan Hungerford. We found out that he was Lemmy's mentor and minder. He told us some great inside stories on Lemmy and other bands he'd worked for...I then had to ask if he could possibly get us back stage to meet the band etc..He went one better and got us tickets for the sold out gig and 2 extra after show passes. I had met Lemmy many moons ago when i went to see the band in the early 80's but Joe was in awe. It was a great gig down the front with an awesome set and we scored for a few picks.. I seen Tim Butcher (Lemm's bass tech) on stage and i shouted up to him "Lemmy's set list"...so he peeled it from the stage and passed it down to me.

We had to wait until the hall emptied and we then had a waiting game to see Lemmy and the boys. Alan came through and said Lemmy was very busy and he couldn't guarantee if Lemm would have time to see us as he was doing an interview. So we waited and Alan came out and shook his head. He returned 5 minutes later.. OK Lemmy will see you now.. The smiles on our faces as we went down the stairs towards his dressing room...Then the familiar figure of the man came out of the shadows to greet us.. I thanked Lemmy for all the years of making Newcastle city hall a regular stop off for the band and i cannot think of a time when they'd never played there. Lemmy continued to mention his other gigs at the Newcastle mayfair venue and his days playing there with Hawkwind. Then the conversation came to a stop as he was needed, he came back and rolled his eyes ok guys i have to let the rest of the guys in to see me, they've been waiting outside in the cold for hours. We all got a photo taking with him and he signed my set list and Joe's ticket and flier. We thanked him and he waltzed off back to his dressing room. It was just a great moment in my life and Joe's, and one i'll always remember. Thanks Lemmy you rocked your ass off for 40 years in Motorhead it was a pleasure.

I've just read an article that he passed away playing a video game in his home. So i'm pleased the guy didnt suffer.. Rock the heavens and RIP Lemmy Kilmister 1945 - 2015
Attachments
Lemmy & Me 2009.jpg
friday

Post by friday »

he was also a roadie for Hendrix .

Great song writer and Lyricist , < that makes a great musician , look at No more tears album , one would never guess those words stemmed from Lemmy.

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE !!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

friday wrote:he was also a roadie for Hendrix .

Great song writer and Lyricist , < that makes a great musician , look at No more tears album , one would never guess those words stemmed from Lemmy.

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE !!!!!
Yeah i'm sure Lemmy mentioned this in his autobiography, it's those songs that have giving him the most money in royalties and he has never bettered it..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

So who watched Lemmy's memorial ? it was very moving and his son Paul Inder, Mikkey Dee, Rob Halford, Roger De Souzer came across so well were others failed and it turned into a self obsessed speech on 'my life' not Lemmy's.