Any vinyl audiophiles? BOO in high res audio questions?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

OrignalBOOfan

Any vinyl audiophiles? BOO in high res audio questions?

Post by OrignalBOOfan »

So question to the guys with decent turntables and BOO, DOAM, and Tribute on vinyl.

Can you really really hear the difference between the Analog and the CD digital conversion? How noticeable is it?

Can you hear the difference between hi res and vinyl? I'm trying to decide to go high res or vinyl. I'm like a B+ as far as my ears go. What are the differences you guys hear?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Any vinyl audiophiles? BOO in high res audio questions?

Post by Shockwave »

I have not used vinyl in years but a good table and stereo are both required if your that into it. I have about 4k into my stereo/home theater whit just he receiver and speakers alone. To me its not worth the hassle anymore of storing physical disc and putting them on etc.. Although when I do download or rip music i can tell a difference when ripped from vinyl or Cd and prefer vinyl rips.

This reminds me though, i have not played any vinyl in like 15 years or so, may have to give it a try again to probably realize what i am missing.

And now Im off to find 30 years after vinyl rips :)
friday

Post by friday »

Niel Young swears black n blue , CDs suck and vinyl is king , yet he sells plenty of discs

it used to be whats better tape or vinyl ?
OrignalBOOfan

Post by OrignalBOOfan »

Fwiw chromecast audio supports 24/96 flac files. I downloaded a vinyl rip of boo and I can't hear the difference but my system is far from good enough to tell.