Black Sabbath Final Tour/Randy Question Idea

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Black Sabbath Final Tour/Randy Question Idea

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

So, I'm getting tickets for a Black Sabbath show that is happening near where I live in the new year. I can't help but notice that the "VIP Package" includes "an intimate Q and A" with Ozzy, in his dressing room, when you can supposedly "ask him anything".

What I'm thinking is if anyone can afford the VIP Package (which will no doubt be pricey), it would be an excellent opportunity to ask Ozzy himself (if he's of any help, which might be questionable) if there's any footage of Randy and he, as well as the rest of the band, circa BOO and DOAM era, or if they're sitting on anything. It's a long shot, but that'd definitely be my one question if I had this opportunity....something Randy-related.

Any chance that anyone is buying one of these VIP Packages?
rhoads56
Cool Member

Re: Black Sabbath Final Tour/Randy Question Idea

Post by rhoads56 »

We may do VIP, but I had lunch with Ozzy and Sharon in 1998, and asked many many questions. Sharon told me to "wait for the change of the guard" regarding releases of any kind.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

That's is the 4th time over the years I've heard/ read Sharon making that comment. Could be interesting in regards to what they may release when that time comes....
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Time will tell... I still think there isn't enough money in a Randy release to make the Ozzy camp interested.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Time will tell... I still think there isn't enough money in a Randy release to make the Ozzy camp interested.
There never will be. Realistically, if they release any new footage, they'll do it at a loss. Unless they plan to release it posthumously.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

barossadude wrote:That's is the 4th time over the years I've heard/ read Sharon making that comment. Could be interesting in regards to what they may release when that time comes....
I thinbk thats because Ive mentioned it four times over the years :D
ksa09

Post by ksa09 »

Ozzy has no idea. He wouldn't be the one ask. Sharon is and she would never tell not even Ozzy. I did read that Ozzy's producer of the 30 anniversary set said the record company has lot concerts in the can (cd recordings) of different blizzard era concerts. He said the the live cd was taken from a few different concerts. Which is true if you listen closely. Flying high again was taken from ST Dennis concert. My favorite......I wish they could that concert by far Randy's best. King biscuit flower hour concert.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

ksa09 wrote:Ozzy has no idea. He wouldn't be the one ask. Sharon is and she would never tell not even Ozzy. I did read that Ozzy's producer of the 30 anniversary set said the record company has lot concerts in the can (cd recordings) of different blizzard era concerts. He said the the live cd was taken from a few different concerts. Which is true if you listen closely. Flying high again was taken from ST Dennis concert. My favorite......I wish they could that concert by far Randy's best. King biscuit flower hour concert.
I agree.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

rhoads56 wrote:
barossadude wrote:That's is the 4th time over the years I've heard/ read Sharon making that comment. Could be interesting in regards to what they may release when that time comes....
Or maybe Sharon was assuming that Ozzy would outlive her.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Sky wrote:
rhoads56 wrote:
Or maybe Sharon was assuming that Ozzy would outlive her.
I'd much prefer him around than her!
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I think Sharon will go first, then Ozzy will self destruct and within a year or so he gone as well. She is the only reason he is still alive today.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

rhoads56 wrote:"wait for the change of the guard"
is this a good or bad thing?
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:So, I'm getting tickets for a Black Sabbath show that is happening near where I live in the new year. I can't help but notice that the "VIP Package" includes "an intimate Q and A" with Ozzy, in his dressing room, when you can supposedly "ask him anything".

What I'm thinking is if anyone can afford the VIP Package (which will no doubt be pricey), it would be an excellent opportunity to ask Ozzy himself (if he's of any help, which might be questionable) if there's any footage of Randy and he, as well as the rest of the band, circa BOO and DOAM era, or if they're sitting on anything. It's a long shot, but that'd definitely be my one question if I had this opportunity....something Randy-related.

Any chance that anyone is buying one of these VIP Packages?

Please ask him to release the full south Hampton show

I am want to hear it in full with Randy's solo