the crush
Cool Member

Thought i would post this here! RR fest

Post by the crush »

check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Thought i would post this here! RR fest

Post by orion_damage »

I would definitely be there if I were in Michigan.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Thanks for the link, but why is it people just post links and never want to post actual information?

The event starts Saturday, September 19th at 6:00pm at Motor City Guitar. There will be live presentations, several books for sale, a Q and A forum along with a small taste of live music. Later that evening, the venue will move down the street to Billy's Tippin Inn where the music will start at 9:30pm.

Starting around 9:30pm, the live music will begin at Billy's Tippin Inn. Kelly Garni and Kelli Rhoads will join in with some special live guests. There will be Classic Rock, an Ozzy tribute band, and Sammy Boller (from Citizen Zero) will put together an all-star line-up of backing musicians from the Metro Detroit area to keep the place rockin'...
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

http://www.thecrossrhoads.com/

Sorry I was in a hurry when I posted but here a link with the details
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
rhoadsscholar
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by rhoadsscholar »

Kelly and i have been talking about puting this together for a couple years and i am glad it is finally happening. If you will be close to detroit. Sign up to jam with the band. You will love this event i will add some more details
GUITAR STUDENT AND FRIEND OF LEGENDARY GUITARIST William Randall Rhoads. ALL ABOARD.
rhoadsscholar

Post by rhoadsscholar »

GUITAR STUDENT AND FRIEND OF LEGENDARY GUITARIST William Randall Rhoads. ALL ABOARD.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Oh poop, I wish I was closer I so would go. This would be so fun to go to.
I would really like to participate.

Thanks for the update. Will there be any video of the event for those of us that can't go?

I always like the video of the other Randy events.
rhoadsscholar

Post by rhoadsscholar »

Just confirmed tonight that we will be shooting some pro quality video of the event. I am totally psyched. Kelly Garni and I have been talking about doing something like this for over a year and it will be happening Sept. 19th. It is great to have Kelly Garni and Kelle Rhoads come to the mid-west. Motor City Guitar and Waterford is sponsoring this along with Billy's Tip N Inn (where the live music event will be held later that evening). I will follow up with some good video of the event but if you can make it, by all means I would love to meet some ultimaterhoads rhoadies.... Be sure to look me up if you make it. The Q and A session at Motor City prior to the show is free and should be a great gathering for fans of Randy. I am blessed to be part of this event and looking forward to working with Kelly Garni and Kelle Rhoads. Hope to see you there. ALL ABOARD !
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Thanks for the update and effort. This should be a good event and some good footage sounds like will come from it. Thanks again.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Sounds like a great event...have fun..
rhoadsscholar

Post by rhoadsscholar »

As all the Rhoads Fans here might believe. Show was a great success. We packed the Q&A at motor city guitar then moved the jam down the street. Folks got to come up and play with the band. Song selections were the songs Randy Rhoads and Kelly Garni cut their teeth on growing up. The good news is we will be doing it again next year. Some pics and video have showed up on Facebook, a few videos. I am waiting for the pro shot video. should have it in a couple weeks. If you just can't wait, friend me on facebook (robert lafond jr.) as we have several fan pages out there. Kelle, Kelly and I did a radio interview the Thursday before the event. Below is a link to that interview.

http://www.nationalrockreview.com/inter ... elly-garni

if you like the poster, we have several signed copies left. Message me (I'll be putting them out on ebay later this month but wanted to start here first). Hoping some members from this community made it out and can share the success we had from their perspective. It's rare that an event exceeds expectations. Take care everyone. I'll be checking back from time to time before these hit ebay. I think you will enjoy the radio link I listed above (about 40 minutes). A great tribute to the reason we all hang out on this website. The late, great, Randy Rhoads.
rhoadsscholar

Post by rhoadsscholar »

One of the motor city's finest guitarist put together the all-star lineup for this event. We will have some pro video shoots in a couple weeks but hear is a taste of Detoit's own Sammy Boller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7a9W-BfOh8