Randy Rhoads Society...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads Society...

Post by Shockwave »

So after following this page for a few months I can see what all the hub-bub was about over the last couple years, a lot of really good info and a lot of people pop up out of nowhere with new pictures and stories of Randy.

But on the other end of the spectrum are some things they seem to post at least 2-3 times a week that are completely wrong or just one of those things that makes you think how could he post that if he/the site is a Randy fan.. The page owner seems to be a huge Randy fan, but even a lot of his post before he allowed other admins on the page made me scratch his head thinking...how could he have posted this if he was Randy fan, its completely wrong!

It's not so much what there posting that bothers me in particular, what kind of bothers me is you have all these young RR fans or even just adults reading or seeing some of this stuff and its just way way off from what was true.

Whats wrong with this latest post?

Image6
P C M
Cool Member

Re: Randy Rhoads Society...

Post by P C M »

1st - It's a Diary stage shot and clearly Montreal 1981 was on the north american leg of the BOO tour.
That shot look's to be The Cow Palace (New Years Eve if I'm not mistaken) 1981?
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

P C M wrote:1st - It's a Diary stage shot and clearly Montreal 1981 was on the north american leg of the BOO tour.
That shot look's to be The Cow Palace (New Years Eve if I'm not mistaken) 1981?
You are probably right on all accounts. This is definitely a Diary stage and Montreal was BOO.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I doubt younger guys getting into randy would reach the trainspotter level to care if something is label wrong. I have been into randy since 1984 and I have no idea what pictures are from when and I don't really care....any new photo is cool regardless
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

sytharnia wrote:I doubt younger guys getting into randy would reach the trainspotter level to care if something is label wrong. I have been into randy since 1984 and I have no idea what pictures are from when and I don't really care....any new photo is cool regardless
Nothing wrong with trainspotters, Randy was one. Whatever floats yer boat as long as it keeps his memory alive, but I like to credit the younger guys on this site with a bit more curiosity about Randy and the music than I have when I look at the latest picture of Kim Kardashian's arse.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I've seen bootlegs (of Montreal) with this cover so,I can't fault the guy. He has since corrected the mistake. It happens.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I caught a guy out on ebay selling a faked RR Ozzy signed photo. He was saying that the photo was signed during the 1980 UK tour. If the guy had known his stuff he would of realised that the photo was from December 1981 when Randy received his best guitarist award. He still tried to make out it was real..Well if time travel was possible ...and even after reporting the guy to ebay he was still allowed to sell the item and it sold for £124:00.
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Yup, I've also seen a Montreal boot with this cover.