Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Post by Tito »

there is no money in releasing footage of randy with ozzy thats why she dont release it.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Tito wrote:there is no money in releasing footage of randy with ozzy thats why she dont release it.

I agree with that if it was labeled as some massive Randy Rhoads Tribute. As sad as that is. However I think there would be good money for her if she had it labeled where Ozzy was the focus. Imagine a title along the lines "The Golden Ozzy Years" or "All Aboard The Crazy Train" with all kinds of graphics and shit of Ozzy and Randy. If she had a title showcasing Ozzy and promoted well, I think that would sell like crazy!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Tito wrote:there is no money in releasing footage of randy with ozzy thats why she dont release it.

I agree with that if it was labeled as some massive Randy Rhoads Tribute. As sad as that is. However I think there would be good money for her if she had it labeled where Ozzy was the focus. Imagine a title along the lines "The Golden Ozzy Years" or "All Aboard The Crazy Train" with all kinds of graphics and shit of Ozzy and Randy. If she had a title showcasing Ozzy and promoted well, I think that would sell like crazy!
I think that's pretty much what they tried to do with 30 Years After the Blizzard. A mini documentary of the early years being loosely based around Ozzy and Randy along with partial concerts.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ozzy doesn't sell nearly like he used to... the old guard is becoming just old.

I saw Priest last November and while I enjoyed it, the crowd wasn't very big and they are calling it quits because their time is done. Saw Motley Crue a couple weeks ago and the seats I paid for were upgraded to better seats because they didn't sell as many as they expected to - and this is their final tour.

A DVD with Randy @ $20 might net $100,000... to someone with a net worth of $220 million, that's not really much money. It would sell to the few diehard fans, but that'd be about it.

How well did the 30th anniversary box sell?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
I don't know but I'm sure a single dvd/blu ray full concert of the Randy Era would sell better than the box set. I want the box set but the price tag keeps me at bay.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

randys time came and went unfotunately.theres no money in releasing anything with him.if there was kathy and doug would be behind it.enjoy what we have now cuz the train stopped in 1987.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

After Delores joins Randy...we'll get something, not sure what it will be, but there will be something..guarantee it..
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

sadly, I believe this is the case too :(
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Ozzy doesn't sell nearly like he used to... the old guard is becoming just old.

I saw Priest last November and while I enjoyed it, the crowd wasn't very big and they are calling it quits because their time is done. Saw Motley Crue a couple weeks ago and the seats I paid for were upgraded to better seats because they didn't sell as many as they expected to - and this is their final tour.

A DVD with Randy @ $20 might net $100,000... to someone with a net worth of $220 million, that's not really much money. It would sell to the few diehard fans, but that'd be about it.

This is pretty much spot on. The older acts, minus a few exceptions, like AC/DC and The Stones, are not the draws they once were. Music in general is changing, and how money is generated in the music industry has changed as well.

I fear that it would indeed be the case that if something like a Randy DVD was released, it would make a pretty negligible ripple in the proverbial waters. Companies will look at the bottom line, and if there's not a profit to be made, projects like this don't move ahead. It's the simple economics of the whole thing, as has been mentioned many times before. Couple this with the fact that there's always some sort of snag with getting anything Randy released, and you have a project that has a next to zero chance of getting released to the public. Sad, but that's the reality.

That box set looks to have been an abysmal failure in terms of sales. While it's great that we got a DVD with this set that featured snippets of Randy, they basically shot themselves in the foot not releasing the DVD separately. Of course, the idea was to shill an expensive box set so this was the only way Randy fans could get this footage. It flopped sales-wise, though, and the fallback on this was that they could say, "Well, we DID give you some Randy footage..."., so they didn't lie. They just put the set out of the reach of most fans, who already had they albums, could give two shits less about the vinyl, and didn't want a replica Ozzy cross.

When it flopped, Sharon, always one to wring every last cent out of something and hedge her bets, released the Randy footage on the latest Ozzy DVD compilation recently. Say what you will about her, but she's shrewd with business, and saw and opportunity to attempt to turn the most coveted part of a poor-selling box set into a moderate/potentially high selling DVD package. She's certainly not stupid.

I surmise that any further footage or Randy materials the O's may or may not have would be have to be packaged with some other Ozzy material. Like it or not, Ozzy is the drawing card for fans and sales, and anything Randy would have to be rolled into some Ozzy material. That's the only way it will sell, sadly.
friday

Post by friday »

dvd and cds are too expensive for what they are . most humans get their music off the net , I wonder how the shops keep their doors open.

Im listening to DOAM right now , I doubt some kid would want to hear this stuff and pretty sure kids arent gonna fork over money for 1980s metal or new cds and dvds

OZZY music has been shite for quite a while now , sharons got him on the road to milk his early career

As good as RR was , hes just not interesting to the market
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Im just going to put this put this out there:

If ANYONE finds footage, and money is needed to get it off the original owners, contact me. I don't care how much. If its worth it, it is worth it. From there, i'll do whatever it takes to get it into peoples hands.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

rhoads56 wrote:Im just going to put this put this out there:

If ANYONE finds footage, and money is needed to get it off the original owners, contact me. I don't care how much. If its worth it, it is worth it. From there, i'll do whatever it takes to get it into peoples hands.
All I'll say is that is very kind of you good sir.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

That's an incredible offer and much appreciated. To my knowledge, this is the only RR site with any traffic so hopefully someone will come along and see this.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

I'm sure someone here must know someone.. who knows someone..... who knows someone that could get in touch with the filmer of Rosemont Horizon. That show if it exists in its entirety would be fabulous, especially nice and clean, and glitch free!

And really, Beaumont Texas was most likely filmed, if someone could film that soundcheck like that, they most likely got at least some of that gig as well. Id bet anything It wasn't just soundcheck. Collectors are not huge fans like us. Rare video, and audio exist of many many bands that we will probably never get to see or hear.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Astral Plane wrote:

I'm sure someone here must know someone.. who knows someone..... who knows someone that could get in touch with the filmer of Rosemont Horizon. That show if it exists in its entirety would be fabulous, especially nice and clean, and glitch free!

And really, Beaumont Texas was most likely filmed, if someone could film that soundcheck like that, they most likely got at least some of that gig as well. Id bet anything It wasn't just soundcheck. Collectors are not huge fans like us. Rare video, and audio exist of many many bands that we will probably never get to see or hear.
I have always had that thought as well. I wish someone could get in contact with the Beaumont guy and the Rosemont guy.
I went ahead and rode the white horse