Enhanced 1981 Palladium footage with resynched audio!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Nick
Cool Member

Enhanced 1981 Palladium footage with resynched audio!

Post by Nick »

I was looking around on YouTube and found that someone went through the trouble of synching the old soundboards from the second show of the night at the Palladium with the balcony footage and slowed down the footage to match the soundboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTykCwkSwMI

What do you guys think?
Donnie
Cool Member

Re: Enhanced 1981 Palladium footage with resynched audio!

Post by Donnie »

Nick wrote:I was looking around on YouTube and found that someone went through the trouble of synching the old soundboards from the second show of the night at the Palladium with the balcony footage and slowed down the footage to match the soundboard.

What do you guys think?
I liked it alot thanks for the posting that!
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Donnie wrote:
Nick wrote:I was looking around on YouTube and found that someone went through the trouble of synching the old soundboards from the second show of the night at the Palladium with the balcony footage and slowed down the footage to match the soundboard.

What do you guys think?
I liked it alot thanks for the posting that!

No problem man!
I was looking at his YouTube and he has also done the Chicago footage as well it's
worth checking out
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Looks good!!!have to watch the rest later..thank you nick!!!!!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Great stuff and thanks Nick.

Here's a link to the rest of the stuff the guy has. Enhanced Chicago 82 footage as well. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCic5AG ... mng/videos
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

This is pretty good. It is very watchable and easy to listen to. I only wish the picture was a bit clearer. Some times the lights make it hard to see what is going on. Over all this is a big upgrade.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

dannyahansen wrote:This is pretty good. It is very watchable and easy to listen to. I only wish the picture was a bit clearer. Some times the lights make it hard to see what is going on. Over all this is a big upgrade.
I don't see much of a visual improvement with the NY footage but the Chicago seems to be a little better. I will say I've grown to really appreciate the Chicago footage.
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

Thanks for posting!

I was at this show @ the Palladium. We caught the 1st set which was killer. Then we climbed the fire escape & for $5 a bouncer let us in for the 2nd set, also killer.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Thank you, great find, much easier to listen to.
OrignalBOOfan

Post by OrignalBOOfan »

I'm glad you guys like it. I'm especially happy with how Believer worked out in the Palladium show. I kept staring at Tommy and using the drums to synch it up. I know that IDK and CT are out a bit. The trouble I found was that the video would drift. That is the audio was playing at a constant rate but the video would speed up and slow down.

The original video had to be slowed down by 10% to match the audio. That old tape really was running fast.

BTW I only updated the audio I didn't do anything with the video.

I think the Chicago show worked out really well and its much better hearing the whole song and not having it chop in and out.

Its also worth watching the Speak of the Devil video with Brad Gillis (I know I know he's not Randy but he is still a fine guitarist) to really see what the stage set looked like in Chicago.

Glad you guys like it.

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the video for the first night at the Palladium? I've been searching for it for a while. Please PM if you an help!

Thanks and RockON!