Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

fortress
Madman

Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009

Post by fortress »

I just found this.. I can play this solo better. that was crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLDjZon5_e4
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009

Post by Shockwave »

That was really pathetic lol, he needs to pack it in and retire
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

: /
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

I actually like Zakks version better than this

What was up with those weird harmonics

I am sorry but that was really painful to watch
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

In 1982 when he originally replaced Randy, I could have forgiven him for the poor playing since he'd have had only a couple weeks to learn everything. However, he had 27 years (As of this video) to be able to learn this piece. I get trying to add your own spin on it and all, but damn.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

I think he is good doing pentatonic blues stuff but playing that kind of stuff....

I'm just complaining because he is supposed to be a professional player ;_)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen Torme in concert last November he was fkn class... Yeah that vid clip is bad but don't shoot the guy dead for one track.. Think yourself grateful the guy is alive and still playing LIVE !!
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

well at least his singing is better than old ripper owens version :mrgreen:
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Fuck, that's truly awful!
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah 'cool comments' when this guy was on the stage probably getting the same shit thrown at him in 1982 from smart arsed RR fans. Not even thinking of the time period he had to learn the set and try to pull off an Ozzy gig without getting slagged to fuck. Bernie is nothing like RR and has never claimed to be, but please give the guy some respect the same way he respects RR to this day and for them reasons alone the guy is cool.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Yeah 'cool comments' when this guy was on the stage probably getting the same shit thrown at him in 1982 from smart arsed RR fans. Not even thinking of the time period he had to learn the set and try to pull off an Ozzy gig without getting slagged to fuck. Bernie is nothing like RR and has never claimed to be, but please give the guy some respect the same way he respects RR to this day and for them reasons alone the guy is cool.

Bernie may well be cool but if he chooses to play Crowley that badly in front of an audience 27 years after he learned the song, someone is going to speak out.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Sloppy for sure..pick hand and fret hand are a under the influence of fatigue.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well for the record Sky how many people dont like the Living Loud album with the redone Ozzy tracks. I get them and i like them but a majority don't like them for what ever reason ..It's the same thing...it's Bernie probably pulling that track out of the bag and making a hash of it ...unrehearsed and done badly ...But give the guy some slack...or is he not worthy.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well for the record Sky how many people dont like the Living Loud album with the redone Ozzy tracks. I get them and i like them but a majority don't like them for what ever reason ..It's the same thing...it's Bernie probably pulling that track out of the bag and making a hash of it ...unrehearsed and done badly ...But give the guy some slack...or is he not worthy.
I don't think it's the same thing at all, from what I've heard Bernie is a great bloke but his playing on Crowley in that clip isn't good, I think Randy would probably say the same. Steve Morse's playing on the Living Loud album is great, whether I like his interpretation doesn't come into whether his playing is technically good or not. As it happens, I don't like Jimmy Barnes as a singer or a frontman and I think they should've used someone else in Living Loud, that's just my opinion, obviously the management/record company didn't agree.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Sky wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well for the record Sky how many people dont like the Living Loud album with the redone Ozzy tracks. I get them and i like them but a majority don't like them for what ever reason ..It's the same thing...it's Bernie probably pulling that track out of the bag and making a hash of it ...unrehearsed and done badly ...But give the guy some slack...or is he not worthy.
I don't think it's the same thing at all, from what I've heard Bernie is a great bloke but his playing on Crowley in that clip isn't good, I think Randy would probably say the same. Steve Morse's playing on the Living Loud album is great, whether I like his interpretation doesn't come into whether his playing is technically good or not. As it happens, I don't like Jimmy Barnes as a singer or a frontman and I think they should've used someone else in Living Loud, that's just my opinion, obviously the management/record company didn't agree.

I agree the only thing i didnt like were the vocals , apart from that i thought it was good.NIce to see people standing up to the resident bully :)
Attachments
bully.jpg
(21.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.