MIKE BORDIN Says Re-Recording Drum Parts On Classic OZZY ...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sky
Madman

Re: MIKE BORDIN Says Re-Recording Drum Parts On Classic OZZY

Post by Sky »

orion_damage wrote:
Sky wrote:
Again, really? Are my ears biased? Have you listened to the re-recordings? IMO they're a pathetic attempt at the original albums irrespective of why Sharon saw fit to pay session musicians to re-record them. Of course that reflects badly on the musicians involved, particularly when Max Norman refused to be involved for all the right reasons. Can you honestly say that you prefer the 2002 recordings? Are they music to your ears?

I'm not trying to be offensive in my comments but it's natural to be biased since Bob is your friend. I'd be the same way. I haven't listened to the 2002 recordings in a long time but I don't recall anyone sucking. For the record I absolutely prefer the original recordings as the 2002 recordings don't enter my mind when I think of Ozzy's discography.

It's pretty much fact that Rob is a talented bass player. If he weren't he wouldn't have been in Metallica for the past 12 years or however long it's been.
I'm not offended by your comments or your opinions. Yes, I've known Bob Daisley for many years, since before he worked with Ozzy and Randy in fact, but the reason he asked me to be involved with his book is because he knows that I'm painfully blunt and I'm honest.. if I think something sucks I'll say so. I haven't listened to anything that Trujillo has played on since the 2002 re-recordings, I didn't like what I heard... I don't give a fuck who he's played for since, he cocked up big time in 2002 and that's what I'll remember him for.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i sense a hardcore metallica fan orion..ive heard alot of trujillos playing.and him bieng in that band doesnt mean anything theyre a bunch of hacks.also truculo couldnt tie burton or newsteds shoes!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Tito wrote:i sense a hardcore metallica fan orion..ive heard alot of trujillos playing.and him bieng in that band doesnt mean anything theyre a bunch of hacks.also truculo couldnt tie burton or newsteds shoes!
My being a fan of Metallica has nothing to do with this. Hell I haven't followed Metallica much after St. Anger and yes I agree that Cliff and Jason were better contributors in the bass department.

It's just a stupid statement to say anyone who has performed at a professional level sucks. I'm sure there are exceptions but Rob isn't one. Interacting with you Tito reminds me of trying to have conversations with metal heads in high school.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

orion_damage wrote:If he weren't he wouldn't have been in Metallica for the past 12 years or however long it's been.
damn, has it been that long already? :shock:
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Stiltzkin wrote:
orion_damage wrote:If he weren't he wouldn't have been in Metallica for the past 12 years or however long it's been.
damn, has it been that long already? :shock:
Per Google he joined February 24, 2003. Seems like only a couple years ago they did the documentary and all that.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

now im reduced to an idiot..thanks alot orion..
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sky wrote:I don't give a fuck who he's played for since, he cocked up big time in 2002 and that's what I'll remember him for.
I don't mean this as an attack, but this is exactly the attitude a lot of people have about Bob. To many, Bob Daisley is the guy who complains about the first two Ozzy records. just as Robert Trujillio, to you, is the guy who played on the remasters that you dislike.

In my opinion his playing with Metallica isn't as good as his playing with Suicidal Tendencies or Infectious Grooves.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Sky wrote:I don't give a fuck who he's played for since, he cocked up big time in 2002 and that's what I'll remember him for.
I don't mean this as an attack, but this is exactly the attitude a lot of people have about Bob. To many, Bob Daisley is the guy who complains about the first two Ozzy records. just as Robert Trujillio, to you, is the guy who played on the remasters that you dislike.
I don't see what you said as an attack, people are entitled to their opinions but what makes me laugh is that even if Bob does an interview to discuss what he's doing now, the interviewer will inevitably ask questions about BOO, DOAM, royalties or the lawsuit, and then he's seen by some as the 'guy who complains' and harps on about the past because he answers the questions.
I find it interesting that many other musicians are now talking about their dealings with the Osbournes and that's the only reason that I read what Trujillo and Bordin had to say.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Tito wrote:now im reduced to an idiot..thanks alot orion..
Definitely don't think you're an idiot.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

cool.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Tito wrote:cool.

Yeah, I'd say you're cool too :) Hey, I'm not gay, I have that much in common with Randy!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

LOL!!!!
friday

Post by friday »

lets not forget sound engineering and remastering , the person hanging off the dials could be some one like rick rubin , butchering . (example)
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

friday wrote:lets not forget sound engineering and remastering , the person hanging off the dials could be some one like rick rubin , butchering . (example)
Well Ozzy and Sharon were obviously satisfied with the awful (IMO) 2002 re-recordings hence Sharon stating "We turned a negative into a positive by adding a fresh sound to the original albums."
Thank God she had nothing to do with the original BOO, we probably wouldn't have DOAM if she had been involved.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

and it looks like Karma is catching up with Sharon too!