Do you have the trailer to "The Last Train Home"?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Do you have the trailer to "The Last Train Home"?

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

orion_damage wrote:Just thought of this question:

Why do we want a documentary so bad? Is it because of the possibility of new footage or because of the major lack of material on the guy. Even if it's just people discussing various stories of Randy.
Both.

We're fans, and we seem to be the last generation of fans that have an obvious recognition, appreciation, and fondness for the "Randy Brand". Obviously his family will keep his memory alive, and the O's will keep throwing out mentions, but everyone in those two groups I mentioned, and let's face it, us, are aging. And once all of us are gone, who's going to curate his musical legacy?

I don't see many fans of this generation looking back and appreciating Randy's work with Ozzy as much as we do. The landscape of music has changed, and Top 40 Pop is king. Hell, even albums are becoming a thing of the past. People seem less concerned with the artists that create the music and their stories and talents than they do with whether or not they have a radio-friendly song to listen to. The music business has changed, and in my opinion, become much more mercenary and cutthroat. It's always been about the "bottom line" of money, but it's even more imperative now that companies make money, or they'll cut artists loose. That does not bode well for artists who don't necessarily churn out radio-friendly pop hits. Musical experimentation and artists taking risks seem less and less common, which is kind of sad, at least artists who are financed by big record labels.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

why dont kathy do it?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Tito wrote:why dont kathy do it?
I'm speculating here, Tito, but I would guess there's some legal red tape that would be in the way on this one. This doc has been nothing but bad news for everyone involved. So sad, considering what it could have been.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:People seem less concerned with the artists that create the music and their stories and talents than they do with whether or not they have a radio-friendly song to listen to.
Sounds like the fifties, sixties and even the seventies to some extent... one hit wonder mania. Sure there were some bands, but the fifties and sixties were all about buying 45's - single songs. The 80's and 90's were the change, today it's back to the original days of rock and roll, single songs rule the day.

The majority of us at UR grew up in the album-oriented late 70's and 80's, so the current trend is disturbing to us. We'd buy a record and listen to the whole thing. But if you were a pop or new wave fan, you'd remember they even made single song cassettes in the 80's that would loop a song continuously. Today isn't that different from the past if your past was pop music.
Tito wrote:why dont kathy do it?
Tito, I'm thinking the lawsuit over the book would eliminate the Rhoads family from having any opportunity to even view the film, let alone be involved in releasing it. The film was made, Sharon chose to pull Ozzy's music, the film died and will never be seen by the masses.
Dangling Carrot

Post by Dangling Carrot »

Dakota owns the rights to the film. All they would need to do is not breach the contract and pay the Osbourne's. I'm sure Sharon would be glad to work that out behind closed doors. She is a snake for a Dollar...

Where they made there mistake was not shooting a reality show about the film..because all of the jealousy ,wrench throwing and crazy fans they could have made millions. The looney tune antics of Doug and Kelly= reality money. It's all about the money...not Randy.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Dangling Carrot wrote:Dakota owns the rights to the film. All they would need to do is not breach the contract and pay the Osbourne's. I'm sure Sharon would be glad to work that out behind closed doors. She is a snake for a Dollar...

Where they made there mistake was not shooting a reality show about the film..because all of the jealousy ,wrench throwing and crazy fans they could have made millions. The looney tune antics of Doug and Kelly= reality money. It's all about the money...not Randy.

Couldn't agree more.. So sad though. I watched the trailer for the first time in years. I remember watching it when it came out and how excited I was. Then all the crap happened and its just really sad that this film may go forever unseen. Not just for us RR hardcore fans, but for all music fans and musicians.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Dangling Carrot wrote:Dakota owns the rights to the film. All they would need to do is not breach the contract and pay the Osbourne's.
I'm sondering if that would be a commercially viable move.
the money they would pay, would they get them back? and how much would the documentary itself bring in?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I honestly think its the content of the film and how Randy was seen as being a bit of a 'ladies man'. They wanted him seen to be angelic and his mom never liked the idea of his 'ex's' telling stories of them getting laid on bathroom floors etc. The same reason Jodi Raskin told her side of her life with the Rhoads and it wasn't one the family wanted to hear. Plus the idea of the docu interviewing far too many people, some of them never even met the guy. If any docu happens in the future it will be done from the start. Plus many people pulled the plug on their interviews and they would of been major players in the film. I'm mentioning no names and please don't come back to me explaining the 'What happened'...i've made my mind up on that issue.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I honestly think its the content of the film and how Randy was seen as being a bit of a 'ladies man'. They wanted him seen to be angelic and his mom never liked the idea of his 'ex's' telling stories of them getting laid on bathroom floors etc. The same reason Jodi Raskin told her side of her life with the Rhoads and it wasn't one the family wanted to hear. Plus the idea of the docu interviewing far too many people, some of them never even met the guy. If any docu happens in the future it will be done from the start. Plus many people pulled the plug on their interviews and they would of been major players in the film. I'm mentioning no names and please don't come back to me explaining the 'What happened'...i've made my mind up on that issue.
I couldn't agree more. The trailer made Randy seem like a sex addict or something. If I was his family I would want it to only show his best qualities and not the way it appeared to be by the trailer.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

to be honest i would want to see the real man he was..flaws and all..i bet randy was slinging dingaling all across the world.to hide facts about a person eventually turns into a parody when its presented in a documentary.just look at elvis.before all the technology we have today,most people thought he was an angel.he was human!
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Tito wrote:to be honest i would want to see the real man he was..flaws and all..i bet randy was slinging dingaling all across the world.to hide facts about a person eventually turns into a parody when its presented in a documentary.just look at elvis.before all the technology we have today,most people thought he was an angel.he was human!
That is true as well. I have this mental image of the man I imagine he was and after seeing the trailer it changed that pure mental image to say the least. Somethings are better left unknown but yes it would be awesome to see the man Randy Rhoads as well as Rockstar Randy Rhoads.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah it's like any of the guys who lived the rocknroll life style. The groupies back stage, the drugs, the wild parties etc. But don't mention it in my autobiography... Jodi Raskin mentioned plenty issues about her time with Randy in the Klein book. Which would of been mentioned in her interviews in the docu had it came out. Mrs Rhoads took a dislike to her because of her religion etc and didn't see her as being good 'breeding stock' for Randy. She wanted her son to be a nice LUTHERAN boy with a clean sheet. Yeah in the perfect world all mothers want a son to grow up and be the 'guy next door'. Then the warts n all get mentioned and this is just the can of worms the fans want to hear about. Looking at photos of Randy i've seen that look in his eye and he is more then just drunk and if he is high, good on the kid. It was the 70's he was bound to have done coke smoked weed etc, it was the culture of the kids back then. You take all the character away from someone when you believe he has a squeaky clean image.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Interview with Max Norman :

GW (Guitar World) - Randy wouldn’t take a drink in the studio?

NORMAN - No. Or maybe only after the session. One of his fingers had a very long fingernail, and maybe he’d have a tiny bit of cocaine on there, maybe at the end of the week. He was a very straight guy. He was into playing. He was a pretty boring kid, really. Pretty squeaky clean. I saw him do coke maybe three times that I can think of. In those days, that was like being a Christian. Everybody else was crazy. So Randy was a pretty good kid. He loved going to his classical guitar lessons, too. I think that’s where he got some of those chord changes. He wasn’t a bad boy at all.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Max Norman said Randy did a couple times.

"GW: Randy wouldn’t take a drink in the studio?

NORMAN: No. Or maybe only after the session. One of his fingers had a very long fingernail, and maybe he’d have a tiny bit of cocaine on there, maybe at the end of the week. He was a very straight guy. He was into playing. He was a pretty boring kid, really. Pretty squeaky clean. I saw him do coke maybe three times that I can think of. In those days, that was like being a Christian. Everybody else was crazy. So Randy was a pretty good kid. He loved going to his classical guitar lessons, too. I think that’s where he got some of those chord changes. He wasn’t a bad boy at all."

Link to interview:

http://www.guitarworld.com/randy_rhoads ... =0%252C0,0
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I remember reading that as well.