Sony Cyber Hack

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

No1UNo
Cool Member

Sony Cyber Hack

Post by No1UNo »

I work in business continuity and IT disaster recovery, so any news about cyber hacks into company's computer systems get my attention - like Target, Anthem, Home Depot and others that have had valuable information stolen from them. Well, I thought about the hack into Sony's computer system over the release of the Seth Rogen movie, "The Interview", and some of the damaging emails that came out, and a pre-release version of the film, even. At first, the media and others made it seem that this was an orchestrated cyber attack from the North Korean government on Sony because of this particular movie - but as information about the investigation has leaked out it seems more likely that this was done by a disgruntled insider who knew where to find these specific files and did it under this false kind of story.

How is this related to Ozzy and Randy?

Well, most - if not all, of Ozzy's catalog is on Sony. He was first signed to the Epic label which Sony owned in the early days and then was on the full Sony label for the rest of his career. When Kevin Churko, Ozzy's producer, talked about reviewing many shows to pull together the "Ozzy Live" bonus CD with the re-release of DOAM for the 30th anniversary box set, he confirmed that Sony's archives contain many shows that he had the opportunity to listen to.

Too bad the disgruntled insider wasn't a Randy fan...if someone knew the digital archive system and where to find these shows, they could've put a bunch out there for the taking. Just an observation, and not encouraging someone to do anything illegal or stupid. But imagine if the hack had yielded a few or handful of shows, professionally recorded, and excellent in quality? It would've almost been seen as Karma (or Karma's Bat) biting Ozzy & Sharon in the ass for screwing so many people over so many times.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Re: Sony Cyber Hack

Post by kamalayka »

My understanding is that unreleased Randy Rhoads video and audio is stored in an Area 51 vault.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

No1UNo wrote:I work in business continuity and IT disaster recovery, so any news about cyber hacks into company's computer systems get my attention - like Target, Anthem, Home Depot and others that have had valuable information stolen from them. Well, I thought about the hack into Sony's computer system over the release of the Seth Rogen movie, "The Interview", and some of the damaging emails that came out, and a pre-release version of the film, even. At first, the media and others made it seem that this was an orchestrated cyber attack from the North Korean government on Sony because of this particular movie - but as information about the investigation has leaked out it seems more likely that this was done by a disgruntled insider who knew where to find these specific files and did it under this false kind of story.

How is this related to Ozzy and Randy?

Well, most - if not all, of Ozzy's catalog is on Sony. He was first signed to the Epic label which Sony owned in the early days and then was on the full Sony label for the rest of his career. When Kevin Churko, Ozzy's producer, talked about reviewing many shows to pull together the "Ozzy Live" bonus CD with the re-release of DOAM for the 30th anniversary box set, he confirmed that Sony's archives contain many shows that he had the opportunity to listen to.

Too bad the disgruntled insider wasn't a Randy fan...if someone knew the digital archive system and where to find these shows, they could've put a bunch out there for the taking. Just an observation, and not encouraging someone to do anything illegal or stupid. But imagine if the hack had yielded a few or handful of shows, professionally recorded, and excellent in quality? It would've almost been seen as Karma (or Karma's Bat) biting Ozzy & Sharon in the ass for screwing so many people over so many times.

That would have been awesome! Especially if it were a pro recorded Diary show. Hearing the Diary of a Madman riff going straight into Over the Mountain is just perfection.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

kamalayka wrote:My understanding is that unreleased Randy Rhoads video and audio is stored in an Area 51 vault.
hahaha!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

kamalayka wrote:My understanding is that unreleased Randy Rhoads video and audio is stored in an Area 51 vault.
I heard Mulder & Scully are on to something.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

Guys wiki leaks has just uploaded all the leaked sony files to there website. Its at https://wikileaks.org/sony/press/ and get this.. Its all searchable..
You know what my first searches are gonna be.. LOL
If anybody finds anything please report back!!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I heard from an inside source that owns a small theatre in New Jersey that all the pro-shot videos and audio reside in what is being called the Randy Rhoads Legacy Dildo. All of the contents will be released one day, they are just waiting for more people to stroke it in order to build up enough demand and then it will be unloaded onto the public.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

chilinvilin wrote:Guys wiki leaks has just uploaded all the leaked sony files to there website. Its at https://wikileaks.org/sony/press/ and get this.. Its all searchable..
You know what my first searches are gonna be.. LOL
If anybody finds anything please report back!!
I found nothing related to film, I typed in the following:

Ozzy Osbourne
Ozzy
Ozzy Osbourne 1980
"" 1981
"" 1982
Randy Rhoads
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:I heard from an inside source that owns a small theatre in New Jersey that all the pro-shot videos and audio reside in what is being called the Randy Rhoads Legacy Dildo. All of the contents will be released one day, they are just waiting for more people to stroke it in order to build up enough demand and then it will be unloaded onto the public.
Funny yet kind of true