If Delores didn't urge Randy to join

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Matlike1

If Delores didn't urge Randy to join

Post by Matlike1 »

I was thinking about when Randy auditioned for Ozzy and his mother urged him that he should join Ozzy and accept the opportunity to work with him when according to Delores Randy really didn't want to leave. I wonder if she ever regretted that.
Last edited by Matlike1 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Re: If Delores didn't urge Randy to join

Post by kamalayka »

That would be pretty awful to ask her.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

kamalayka wrote:That would be pretty awful to ask her.

Couldn't agree more. That would be a brutal question and something that shouldn't be asked.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

orion_damage wrote:
kamalayka wrote:That would be pretty awful to ask her.

Couldn't agree more. That would be a brutal question and something that shouldn't be asked.
these

I would imagine she regrets it everyday, but would also be really proud of what randy achieved in such a short space of time
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Question like that is a two-edged sword... If Randy hadn´t joined up with Ozzy, we may have never heard of him. It´s just too sad that it had to go like that in the end. It´s impossible to think what Randy would have done later on... I bet it would have been something great, anyways.
Mikel
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I am pretty sure she was asked this in an interview already over the years and said she had no regrets because she had no idea this was going to happen. 95% sure I read that in one of her interviews.
strontium90

Post by strontium90 »

you cant think like that, you could do that with every person whoever died in an accident. Today, 150 people were killed in a plane crash in France. It was an accident, a part of life that happens everyday. You mourn, reflect, and move on to life again.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Exactly, you'll never know, he maybe would have died even sooner because of a traffic accident in his hometown if he didn't join Ozzy.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
friday

Post by friday »

his life was put in the hands of another person
strontium90

Post by strontium90 »

Trust me, i understand the frustration everyone feels about what happened. I'm sure everyone involved that day felt some type of guilt, but to me. the most troubling thing about this accident is that it was so senseless, it's almost beyond belief. I supposed had the flight been a part of the tour, going from Knoxville to Orlando for the next show, it would make some sense, but it wasn't. Here, they safely drive the 665 mile trip by bus, arrive there safely, driving being much more dangerous than flying, then , he gets killed in a plane crash, UGH!. I'll probably get flamed for this, but that wasn't exactly the best decision Randy made that day. If im not mistaken, this guy had just taken Airey and Jake Duncan up, and was buzzing the bus then, so, im quire sure Randy saw that. I kmow i wouldn't have got on that plane. But, all things being equal, when you become a professional athlete, entertainer, politician etc, it involves alot of travel, and its dangerous, simple as that. Wayne Gretzkys fear of flying almost ruined his career as a hockey player early in his career, but it's part of the deal i guess. Anyway, wish the whole damn thing had never happened. Just awful .
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Just one thing had to change in order for this never to have happened, anything could have altered the course over the previous weeks and all this avoided.

Even if it was just Randy getting smashed the night before and having a huge hangover and not feel like going up. Or how much did that kamikaze movie they watched the night before play a role? Did that give them idea to start flying low and buzzing the bus?

If the kamikaze movie played a role, was it on tape/film or TV ? If tape, who bought the tape days or weeks before and put it on the bus? If it was never purchased then none of this may have happened. Stuff like that blows my mind.
strontium90

Post by strontium90 »

Shockwave wrote:
If the kamikaze movie played a role, was it on tape/film or TV ? If tape, who bought the tape days or weeks before and put it on the bus? If it was never purchased then none of this may have happened. Stuff like that blows my mind.

Alot of these guys that get a pilots license kinda have an ego and think they can "get out of anything" and alot of em take risks. Not too many people do it, and i think you kinda have to be a thrill seeker to do that stuff. I myself, would never ever get on one of those things. I was 24 when Randy got killed , and believe me, people then, as now, all knew small aircraft are dangerous and not to be played around in. Sorry, but any airplane that has spark plugs,, im not gettin on. From everything ive ever read, Rhoads didnt seem like a risk taking kind of guy. To me, thats the mystery of this, why on Earth would he even get on that thing . The 1970s and 80s was not a good era for air travel with many spectactcular crashes. Just a month and a half prior in January 1982, there was the Air Florida flight that crashed into a bridge in Washington D.C., " again, the pilot took a unessessary risk and "thought he could make it", that played out on national tv and scared the hell out of everyone. I read that it really shook Randy and others up, and that he hated flying. Yet, he steps off the bus, and in less than and hour, is killed on a plane that was going absolutely nowhere, just up to circle and fly over a bus at treetop level. Weird, bizarre, dumb, heartbreaking, all rolled into one.