Bob speaks out on Ozzy & Randy's recent Classic Rock award

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Bob speaks out on Ozzy & Randy's recent Classic Rock awa

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I always thought that the Osbourne's had a say in the Rhoads's estate as far as Randy Rhoads name and music is concerned. I seen this in an interview or some web site, i cannot remember when this was brought up. Probably when they released the anniversary box set. I don't know how much power they have on any issues, but i'm sure when Ozzy's music is used which contains Randy's name etc. The Rhoads have to be contacted etc.

This Rhoads estate issue was questioning me to where i had heard about this. So after some google searching and reading a few interviews i found it... I had read this in an interview with Bob when he did the interview with the late Garry Sharpe Young for the 'Rockdetector' series of books. Bob mentioned that Sharon Osbourne manages the Rhoads estate.

".... Now in her 80s, Mrs. Rhoads is an old lady and Sharon Osbourne manages the Randy Rhoads estate. He must be turning in his grave....."
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

to Sky(who are you again?)
I've been asking myself that same question for as long as I can remember..:-)
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Shockwave wrote:Bob hasn't made a deal with the Osbournes according to Sky(who are you again?) I am getting the feeling that Bob is just going to release this the probably get sued by the osbournes after a few weeks.

He must have a lawyer and they are obviously telling him he is all set or he is just saying screw and taking a chance. Bob has said he is going to release it in its entirety, if Sharon has no idea about this and it gets released she will come after him full force like nothing before probably lol.
:roll:
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

mojopin70 wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Bob hasn't made a deal with the Osbournes according to Sky(who are you again?) I am getting the feeling that Bob is just going to release this the probably get sued by the osbournes after a few weeks.

He must have a lawyer and they are obviously telling him he is all set or he is just saying screw and taking a chance. Bob has said he is going to release it in its entirety, if Sharon has no idea about this and it gets released she will come after him full force like nothing before probably lol.

I am sorry for your lack of support regarding my post mojo, please counter with more conclusive information that you have obtained directly from the Osbournes, Daisly and the Rhoads family. I look forward to hearing your opinion as it matters to me greatly.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Shockwave wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:

I am sorry for your lack of support regarding my post mojo, please counter with more conclusive information that you have obtained directly from the Osbournes, Daisly and the Rhoads family. I look forward to hearing your opinion as it matters to me greatly.
Were you talking about the grail tapes shock? If not ignore everything below!

It wasnt that mate,sorry if came across badly,it was because i thought everyone knew who Sky was by now. As far as i know Bob will release his tapes in their entirety with some voice overs and that the relevant royalities will be paid accordingly to the band members that appear on the tapes including Spencer who was Ozzy's mate and stand in drummer during the time they were auditioning drummers for the original band.Sky will let you know if anything ive said is incorrect though....

I dont think Bob has made any deal whatsoever with the Osbournes apart from the original contact made when the anniversary stuff was released where Sharon wanted to buy the whole package from him and he refused because it would mean Sharon could edit Bob and Lee out to her hearts content ( like the Diary of a Madman photo and band line-up) re-writing history again. I totally understand and support that decision!

Releasing the thing on his terms makes much more sense right? Its the truth after all not Sharon or Ozzy's version.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:As far as i know Bob will release his tapes in their entirety with some voice overs and that the relevant royalities will be paid accordingly to the band members that appear on the tapes including Spencer who was Ozzy's mate and stand in drummer during the time they were auditioning drummers for the original band.
mojopin70 wrote:I don't think Bob has made any deal whatsoever with the Osbournes apart from the original contact made when the anniversary stuff was released where Sharon wanted to buy the whole package from him and he refused...
I have no interest in arguing with you. I simply want to say that the way this is worded it sounds like the two statements above are contradictory.

The first implies an agreement saying royalties will be paid accordingly, while the second statement specifically states that an agreement has not been reached.

Could you clarify?

Do you mean that Bob will be paying royalties from his sales of these tapes to the band members? That would be very cool on Bob's part.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:As far as i know Bob will release his tapes in their entirety with some voice overs and that the relevant royalities will be paid accordingly to the band members that appear on the tapes including Spencer who was Ozzy's mate and stand in drummer during the time they were auditioning drummers for the original band.
mojopin70 wrote:I don't think Bob has made any deal whatsoever with the Osbournes apart from the original contact made when the anniversary stuff was released where Sharon wanted to buy the whole package from him and he refused...
I have no interest in arguing with you. I simply want to say that the way this is worded it sounds like the two statements above are contradictory.

The first implies an agreement saying royalties will be paid accordingly, while the second statement specifically states that an agreement has not been reached.

Could you clarify?

Do you mean that Bob will be paying royalties from his sales of these tapes to the band members? That would be very cool on Bob's part.

There has been no "agreement" made with the Osbournes because they dont own the tapes.The royalities depend on the person/company who is going to be releasing the tapes.

rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: In respect of what both Bob and Lee have contributed to the Ozzy albums why under the circumstances do you think Bob should be giving an award NOW!!... He has always clashed with them in the past over legal duties, court battles etc. They are by no means friends, and WHY would the O's even consider them for an award for the album.
Was it up to the O's to consider Bob and Lee for an award? Or was it up to Classic Rock to do that? They don't give an award out to every member of a band? Fair enough, so just give one to Ozzy (the solo artist that he is). When a classic album such as BOO or DOAMM is what an award is given out for is it right that only Ozzy and Randy receive that award? Imagine the uproar if it had been given to just Ozzy and Bob, leaving out Randy....??? there would be hell to pay on forums wouldn't there.....??
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well that is the question did the Rhoads expect to be announced, to come up on stage and make a speech etc. Did the invite come from the O's or Classic Rock ?.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

About the award,here's the thing I don't understand.....Ozzy,you have a ton of this stuff throughout your home(s) so would it have killed you to say to $harron "I'm not going up there and accept an award,then mention in hindsight that Randy made my career without his family and acknowledgement of him as well. Bad enough you had to bugger with the original albums". To a common person,they would believe that and being honorable the way Ozzy is - $harron is the monster. Truth is,how can you be with someone for so long and have no clue as to what's going on. Ozzy knows and just chose to act stupid. I know if that was me and my wife (and believe me - she can be a real $harron),I would have fought tooth and nail to have my friend be honored as well as everyone that put their hearts into making my solo career what it is today. Funny how he remembers trying to kill her all the time in the past yet,doesn't remember why?

No hating on me - just my take on things people.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sharon is the monster? Ozzy is just as bad when he refuses to stand up to her and set things straight.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Sharon is the monster? Ozzy is just as bad when he refuses to stand up to her and set things straight.
Yeah really, but he probably doesn't know enough about much, including all their financial antics to stand up to her...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Out of interest after reading Bob's book again, i read the piece about releasing 'the Grail' and if it happens. How do you get passed the copyright stage regardless of who are going to release it. As that will be an issue to get over,before any one can take it on.
AnnKotatisRhoadsFord

Post by AnnKotatisRhoadsFord »

rokket wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: In respect of what both Bob and Lee have contributed to the Ozzy albums why under the circumstances do you think Bob should be giving an award NOW!!...
well after reading this I'm convinced Randy may of been forced on a plane against his will, he was threatening to sue Sharon and Don Arden over the way they manipulated his contract if anyone does remember the story!

I have to admit, Bob was good with the girls in the past, maybe Sharon was upset she did not get his 9 incher
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

AnnKotatisRhoadsFord wrote:
rokket wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: In respect of what both Bob and Lee have contributed to the Ozzy albums why under the circumstances do you think Bob should be giving an award NOW!!...
well after reading this I'm convinced Randy may of been forced on a plane against his will, he was threatening to sue Sharon and Don Arden over the way they manipulated his contract if anyone does remember the story!

I have to admit, Bob was good with the girls in the past, maybe Sharon was upset she did not get his 9 incher