So we are less than two weeks away from possibly more Grail

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

So we are less than two weeks away from possibly more Grail

Post by Shockwave »

...should be interesting to see what has come of it since it will have been a year since Bob announced it.

I would imagine he would plan on announcing it on the anniversary as he did last year. Hopefully this year with preorders!

If not, then I would think some set backs may have occurred.
alborg
Cool Member

Re: So we are less than two weeks away from possibly more Gr

Post by alborg »

Not holding my breath but that would be nice.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i think you'll be lucky to see this happen this year. How did you come to think it will be happening in 2 weeks time ?. Because of his anniversary ?. I think if that was the case it would of been mentioned well before now if it was going to be available at all.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Yeah i think you'll be lucky to see this happen this year. How did you come to think it will be happening in 2 weeks time ?. Because of his anniversary ?. I think if that was the case it would of been mentioned well before now if it was going to be available at all.
I think he is talking about a new "snippet" isn't he?? not the actual grail ....... i'd be surprised if anything happens next week
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I'm sure Bob is as keen as we are for us to hear the grail. All in good time...
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

If you go through Bobs replies to some of the questions on his site, he plans to release it this year.

the only leg work on releasing this is any Osbournes issues that may arise, he really only has two options. Work something out with the Osbourne's or just say screw it and release it and see what happens. I don't think the Osbournes would sign off on bob releasing it himself, I think if anything is worjed out the Osbournes would be releasing it and Bob got final say on how and what is included in it so he and lee are not cut out like he said may happen if Sharon released it.

Also, if bob releases himself and takes 100% of the profits, chances are he will get sued eventually by Sharon and he will lose any profits he made and more. IF he works outs something with the Osbournes and gets only say 25% of the profits I would think he would make out much better in the end since Sharon could promote the hell out of it if she wanted, and the result would be many more copies sold. Having Ozzy as the driving factor will ultimately sell many more copies.

When he announced the Grail on the 2014 anniversary he obviously just didn't start working on it at that point, it was in the works already for months before that if anything. What's taking so long? Probably 2 years worth of back and forth between the camps getting it worked out, both Sharon and Bob seem to be stubborn for there own and obvious reaosns but eventually something will get worked out..

Either release it and make money, or don't and make nothing..
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I would love to hear the Grail tapes!!! I highly doubt we have are well though.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Shockwave wrote:If you go through Bobs replies to some of the questions on his site, he plans to release it this year.
If you go through the replies you'll see that Bob isn't the one who'll be releasing the Grail.
the only leg work on releasing this is any Osbournes issues that may arise, he really only has two options. Work something out with the Osbourne's or just say screw it and release it and see what happens. I don't think the Osbournes would sign off on bob releasing it himself, I think if anything is worjed out the Osbournes would be releasing it and Bob got final say on how and what is included in it so he and lee are not cut out like he said may happen if Sharon released it.
No doubt Sharon would cut the tapes, if she could get her hands on them.
Also, if bob releases himself and takes 100% of the profits, chances are he will get sued eventually by Sharon and he will lose any profits he made and more. IF he works outs something with the Osbournes and gets only say 25% of the profits I would think he would make out much better in the end since Sharon could promote the hell out of it if she wanted, and the result would be many more copies sold. Having Ozzy as the driving factor will ultimately sell many more copies.
Bob would never take 100% of the profits from any project where other musicians were involved. All musicians would receive their fair share.
'only 25% of the profits' ??? Bob offered the Grail to the Osbournes for the 30th Anniversary box set for a 2% royalty with no money upfront but a say in how the tapes were cut. Sharon wanted to buy him out and have total control to cut the tapes as she chose fit. Bob refused - end of story and end of communication.
When he announced the Grail on the 2014 anniversary he obviously just didn't start working on it at that point, it was in the works already for months before that if anything. What's taking so long?
Bob agreed to release some 'snippets' of the Grail to go with an interview that I did with him for his website, I even asked people on here what they'd most like to hear before the pieces were chosen. Nothing was in the works before that. Some work has been done since but there's more work to do.
There are 7-8 hours of unedited tapes that need info added to turn them into a sellable package. Bob Daisley is the only person who can say exactly where, when, and under what circumstances any of the songs were written, and who was playing drums, keyboards or singing at each stage. Lee isn't playing drums on all tracks, Ozzy isn't singing on all tracks, some parts of songs were discarded and never used, some parts were discarded from one song but used in another etc.
When the Grail is released, it will be in its entirety with information which will make it easier to follow the development of the songs and of the band, and it'll include times when the band wasn't working, like when Randy couldn't wait to play through his new pedal board for the first time.
Getting the Grail into a package that will please Bob and the person who's releasing it, is a costly, time-consuming labour of love. Meanwhile life goes on, Bob is first and foremost a musician who needs to make a living like most of us, and other projects have priority at the moment.
Probably 2 years worth of back and forth between the camps getting it worked out, both Sharon and Bob seem to be stubborn for there own and obvious reaosns but eventually something will get worked out..
There's been no 'back and forth' between camps, there's been no communication whatsoever between the Osbournes and Bob for years.
Either release it and make money, or don't and make nothing..
In these days of sharing, it's debatable whether musicians can make any money from sales. I'm not even sure if the costs of getting the Grail packaged and distributed would be covered. What do any of you think that Bob would get out of the Grail being released?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Firstly, Bob would get the satisfaction of presenting his work the way he would have always wanted it presented. The true way that the songs & the band can be heard as a collaboration of ideas (many of the great ones being his own) without any "creative" input from the Osbournes. Something that has been glossed over for far too long. Secondly, Pre-ordering or some type of kickstarter campaign should ensure that enough money will be generated to cover all costs & a significant profit to all involved before it hits the public & sadly cyberworld most likely... If the grail is to be released in its entirety as you've presented it in the above post with accurate info & tidbits plus rare pictures along the lines of Bobs excellent book then I'll be the first to order & pay whatever it costs for this once in a lifetime gem.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

alborg wrote:Firstly, Bob would get the satisfaction of presenting his work the way he would have always wanted it presented. The true way that the songs & the band can be heard as a collaboration of ideas (many of the great ones being his own) without any "creative" input from the Osbournes. Something that has been glossed over for far too long. Secondly, Pre-ordering or some type of kickstarter campaign should ensure that enough money will be generated to cover all costs & a significant profit to all involved before it hits the public & sadly cyberworld most likely... If the grail is to be released in its entirety as you've presented it in the above post with accurate info & tidbits plus rare pictures along the lines of Bobs excellent book then I'll be the first to order & pay whatever it costs for this once in a lifetime gem.
I agree with some of your points but how the Grail is sold won't be down to Bob, he's back in the studio enjoying himself with new projects thank goodness. I responded to the speculation about the Osbournes putting a kibosh on the Grail coming out because I know for a fact that there's been no communication between Bob and them for years. I'm sure that the Grail will come out when it's ready, in the meantime why not enjoy what there is to enjoy.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I think the problem Bob is having. He either wants them to be released for free, or for any money to go to those who earned it. I know for a fact he was particularly unhappy with that clown Margolis because of his complete lack of professionalism. He seemed very amateur in the way he interviewed Bob, then when Bob asked what kind of recompense would come (seeing as Margolis would be making plenty of cash from the affair), Margolis seemed completely confused by the concept. Unfortunately, this shit has been going on for years. This just seems to be commonplace for the RR community and those who have been round long enough are pretty much used to it by now.
Wiseguy

Post by Wiseguy »

Did Bob ever mention what was to be in the next round of The Grail?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Wiseguy wrote:Did Bob ever mention what was to be in the next round of The Grail?
I could be wrong but I don't recall there every being a next round.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

So a..... it has been well over 2 weeks. No new info. Ha.