Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

barossadude

Re: Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by barossadude »

I agree with Tito - perhaps Ozzy was off his chops & was far from being his best vocally & therefore a reason why it has not been released.

Is there an audio bootleg of this show to verify or disclaim this theory?
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Ozzys voice was pretty damn good during that time period, I doubt his voice is the problem. Even if he messed up lyrics they would just splice a replacement in from another show.

The guy from the capital theatre said he was in discussions with Sharon about it a few years ago, he probably wanted a lot of money and Sharon doesn't want to pay anything more than w few grand for any footage from what we have heard over the years.

The Grail will hold us over for a couple years after released. It seems every 2-3 years now something of great interest pops up
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

orion_damage wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:I haven't kept up with this topic... why would the Osbournes not want the footage released?
Not sure this answers your question but here's a snippet from the email I sent. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4385&start=45

me: Would there be any possibility of it being shown one day?

Bill: Doubt it, but the Osbournes have first dibbs. I am under agreement with them and the footage is from private sources not public concerts and not originally open to the public, some kind of private events. Therefore even more reason for their being able to decide whether or not to share. They their likeness, image, music, etc. Copyrights, and at a private event have the right not to expect public showcasing.
Well that would mean it wasn't the Capitol Theatre show, because that was a public concert...

My guess is Sharon wants total control and wants to squeeze every dime out of everything she can... won't she be amazed when she dies and has to leave it all behind? Or will she have a pyramid built with all her earthly belongings in it for her journey into the afterlife? :lol:
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
orion_damage wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:I haven't kept up with this topic... why would the Osbournes not want the footage released?
"Won't she be amazed when she dies and has to leave it all behind? Or will she have a pyramid built with all her earthly belongings in it for her journey into the afterlife? :lol:

Lol I spit my coffee out while reading this line.. some funny shit! Thanks for the laugh..
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

It would be nice if the guy would just show it to a few of us for free and not making it a public event like wareeagle was trying to plan, "A small theatre in New Jersey" a few years ago. Something off the cuff where we all just go out and maybe he invites us over to watch it. I'm sure he has show it to probably a few dozen people over the years.

Isn't he getting sued for doing that public showing thing of someone else's shows?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
orion_damage wrote:
Not sure this answers your question but here's a snippet from the email I sent. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4385&start=45

me: Would there be any possibility of it being shown one day?

Bill: Doubt it, but the Osbournes have first dibbs. I am under agreement with them and the footage is from private sources not public concerts and not originally open to the public, some kind of private events. Therefore even more reason for their being able to decide whether or not to share. They their likeness, image, music, etc. Copyrights, and at a private event have the right not to expect public showcasing.
Well that would mean it wasn't the Capitol Theatre show, because that was a public concert...

My guess is Sharon wants total control and wants to squeeze every dime out of everything she can... won't she be amazed when she dies and has to leave it all behind? Or will she have a pyramid built with all her earthly belongings in it for her journey into the afterlife? :lol:
Paul, this wouldn't surprise me in the least! Queen Sharopatra seems obsessed with the almighty dollar! While she's become very successful over her career, she's stepped on a lot of toes (and necks) to get where she is.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

"Won't she be amazed when she dies and has to leave it all behind? Or will she have a pyramid built with all her earthly belongings in it for her journey into the afterlife? :lol:
This could become a separate thread for the Q Im about to ask - but when that day that $haron gets hit by a truck & gets placed in that pyramid (please let it be soon) - this is a scary thought for me - who will run the estate/ take over the reins of the Osbourne empire? Will it be beneficial for us fans? And will we see what unreleased stuff they have or will it forever be lost (if they have any)??
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

I was at the Capitol Theatre show on 4/24/81. I was 5th row. it was a guitar lesson I won't soon forget. Still one of the best shows I've ever attended. I don't think the footage from this show survived the fire unfortunately. I would love to see this show again, sort of relive the moment again. I won't give up hope that one day it would surface, but not counting on it.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

leftyaxeman wrote:I was at the Capitol Theatre show on 4/24/81. I was 5th row. it was a guitar lesson I won't soon forget. Still one of the best shows I've ever attended. I don't think the footage from this show survived the fire unfortunately. I would love to see this show again, sort of relive the moment again. I won't give up hope that one day it would surface, but not counting on it.

Thats awesome that you were there!

i disagree with the show being lost in the fire though, he has confirmed in emails to a couple members here that he does in fact have it and was talking with the Osbournes about it at some point in the last 5 years or so, most likely i would guess around the 30th anni releases without looking all it up.

I'm thinking of trying to get a number for him and leave a voicemail at least and maybe he would like to talk about it over the phone, i can understand why he would not go into specifics in writing anyone back in email, but over the phone he may be more open to discussing why the footage release has stalled with the Osbournes.

If anyone can find the number let me know!
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

[quote="Shockwave"]Ozzys voice was pretty damn good during that time period, I doubt his voice is the problem. Even if he messed up lyrics they would just splice a replacement in from another show.

I wouldn't think they could splice in from another show as I'm guessing these shows weren't multi-tracked, just 2-track soundboard so what you get is what you get. No going back and overdubbing etc.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

An example of the quality of the recording system at CT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsH3Y5NJ1oY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LlppqoLZis
xk319

Post by xk319 »

Since he said it was in color, it'd be like this actually. Would be pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXhXi0Lokw
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

xk319 wrote:Since he said it was in color, it'd be like this actually. Would be pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXhXi0Lokw
I've only heard it was in Black and White...
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

The mention of the Capital Theater got me thinking. Bear with me, as I'm not the most knowledgable about all the tour stops on the BOO and DOAM tours, but did Ozzy ever play the Capital Centre in Landover, MD? I know a LOT of shows were filmed there around this time. There's very decent pro shot footage of Van Halen, for example, there in '82...and footage of VH there in '80 and '81 that's rumored to exist. Just curious if the same might very well exist of Randy-era Ozzy shows....?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i think ac/dc was filmed there in 81 too Brian.thats a damn good question!