Facebook Post On Jersey Show

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Facebook Post On Jersey Show

Post by orion_damage »

Sky wrote:Blizzard Music is one of her companies, she may not own this footage though. If every show was pro-shot at Capitol Theatre from '73 - '84 it sounds as if the filming had nothing to do with Jet. Don Arden/Jet still managed Ozzy in '81, not Sharon. Obviously, everyone was aware that the band was being filmed so it's odd that the footage has never been seen or used.
You make a good point sir. I may just send an email just to see what happens. Doubt I'd get a reply but hey, you never know unless you try.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

I still think that the gentleman connected with the Capitol Theater is in control of THAT footage...and he is kind of stuck. Sharon won't pay for the value of what it's worth at this point and he can't do anything otherwise with it, legally, because Ozzy and Randy's image are all over it and others own copyrights to material with them.

What I'd still like to know, in reference to the Steven Machat book, "Gods, Gangsters, and Honor" is what footage that Don Arden had in his custody of a live Ozzy Osbourne concert, that Machat helped broker a deal to sell it for $100,000 to Musicmaker.com? Some have speculated it was the "Speak of the Devil" show with Brad Gillis, but I think not - MTV aired that all the time way back in the day so that copyright wasn't for sale (and who would've paid that much for a Brad Gillis show). The show had to have had some kind of value, so I wonder if it was an Ozzy show from the RR era - maybe something besides Passaic, NJ?

Again, it has been mentioned before that Ozzy was starting to take off and had plenty of publicity...the dove, the bat, the Alamo! Plus he had a hot band and some great, classic songs - and the Diary stage show was incredible. One has to speculate that someone filmed something else along the way, especially given other artists of the same caliber and the amount of footage that exists for them. Maybe Sharon or Ozzy couldn't pay for it, but someone could, and may have wanted to for posterity's sake.

I'm not delusional though. I expect that anything out there will never see the light of day due to legal issues or the shrinking fan base of Ozzy and Randy fans, that would make its release financially unfeasible.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

If I am not mistaken,wasn't there an exec that stated he had this (or similar) footage and he was going to sit on it (screened only twice) and it sit's in his vault. I remember a post or it's in "Is there anymore Randy footage" thread awhile back? Could have been at RRtk - my mind is going. If so,thus proves the O$bourne$ do not own it. Too many questions and I apologize if I am mistaken and this is pure speculation as to not get us all going and I don't want to be misquoted.

:?
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Speaking of SPeak of the devil,, i had this show on DVD for a while via ebay, a couples of years before the official release.. I didnt hear story about Sharon sued someone about it!!! YOu think a kickstarter project will not raise enough money??? I really think it would...