Full band signed Blizzard album - what to do?

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

matt_sefton

Full band signed Blizzard album - what to do?

Post by matt_sefton »

Hi guys -
sorry to post a question as my first post but I thought this was the best place to ask. My name is Matt Sefton and I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. My family and I have a trip booked to San Diego in California this summer and I'm desperately trying to save some spending money for when we're over there. That got me thinking about my vinyl collection which has been stored in my loft for the past 30 years or so!

When I was young I used to go to almost every rock gig at Newcastle City Hall and try and meet bands, either at the venue or at local hotels. I have a ton of signed albums from bands like Motley Crue, Cheap Trick, Ratt, Dokken, etc, etc.

On 17th September 1980 Blizzard of Ozz were playing the City Hall and in the afternoon they did a signing session at JG Windows, a record shop in Newcastle. I got my Blizzard album signed by the whole band. Over the past few days I've been thinking about selling it to raise some cash but after doing some research online, it seems to be a really dodgy area selling signed stuff, with all the fakes, etc. When I look at some of Randy's signatures that are supposed to be genuine and compare them to mine (which I watched im sign!) they look a lot different. Ozzy's always looks the same but Randy's seems to change all the time. Either that or 90% of them are fake.

I have no interest in being branded a cheat so I wanted to show you guys what I have for your opinions. I'm unsure whether to sell and I'm unsure what to ask price-wise. Both Ozzy's and Randy's signatures are still very visible on the sleeve but Bob Daisley's and Lee Kerslake's are very faded and almost invisible. If you hold the sleeve to the light you can see the grooves where the biro signatures have been done.

Any advice/info/comments appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Full band signed Blizzard album - what to do?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Matt i have sent you a PM if you could reply to me ok ;-)
matt_sefton

Post by matt_sefton »

Cheers - just replied!
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

When you work out a price, I would like the opportunity to buy.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I'm not an expert but theyes look authentic from what I've seen
matt_sefton

Post by matt_sefton »

OK guys - thanks for all the advice on here and privately. I've decided to list the album on ebay so here it is if anyone wants a look:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ozzy-Osbourne ... 1533132159?
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

WTF?!?!??! Damn, I would have paid twice that if I saw it :(

Why the short auction?
matt_sefton

Post by matt_sefton »

rhoads56 wrote:WTF?!?!??! Damn, I would have paid twice that if I saw it :(

Why the short auction?
I did send you a PM suggesting you make me an offer but I didn't receive a reply :( I thought a week was a typical auction length? I do have a good friend here in the UK who has the full band's signatures from the 1st British tour but they're on a page from his schoolbook! He also has the ticket stub from the gig. He's mentioned recently he was thinking of selling. I could put you in touch if you're interested?
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Yes please!